the Rift

[PRIVATE] What the hell happened?

Kvasir Posts: 25
Outcast
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 16.3 :: 2 years
Adoptable
I, the young prince, had wandered off on my own, choosing to work through my grief by myself. I had no idea if my mother had ever returned, and I frankly wasn't even sure if I care anymore. She had made her choice, and obviously it wasn't me. But here I was. Back. Back to this cursed land that I had been born into. Back to the land where mothers abandoned their children, and fathers brutally murdered. But, it wasn't all bad, was it? My mind wanders to Ranjiri. She had been my rock when Rhoa died. Letha, my younger sister I could focus my attention on. After all, she too was a child of Rhoa.

I considered finding them, apologizing for my absence. But I had wandered here instead. My body taking me to the deep dark depths of the labyrinth. I hadn't been completely oblivious while away. I had ran into some of the equine creatures that lived here, and heard rumors. Kisamoa, aka Kaos had waged war against the Helovian gods... And it wasn't good. The gods had abandoned their herd lands to fight. And what would happen if they lost? Would we be abandoned forever, or consumed by Kaos?

I would find my family soon. To say goodbye, just in case this was the end of everything. Forever.

Then again, who knew what the future would hold. Life was just that, after all.

@Naerys
[Image: 56a07107f15a9]

Naerys Posts: 86
World's Edge Sleuth atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 4
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.1 :: 3 :: Tallsun HP: 65.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Petyr :: Bornean Green Magpie :: Ashen Rottie

The Moon Goddess left. And suddenly the Edge felt... different. Without the Goddess' presence and protection, the only home she'd ever known didn't feel like home anymore. Helovia didn't feel like home anymore. All that remains is uncertainty and fear. There is no denying the black seed of dread that has settled in the depths of her core, spreading rapidly through her and leaving her feeling almost cold. This is it. This is the end. Kaos will be the death of everything she knows. Three years is all she gets.

Three turbulent, emotionally draining years.

And what does she have to show for it? Nothing. She hasn't made a name or career for herself and her relationships are mediocre at best. Yet Naerys refuses to wait around in the Edge for the final, fatal blow that will end her life. Frankly, everyone seemed scattered. The young spy doesn't readily see any glimpse of Mauja, her aunt, her mother, or her younger half siblings anywhere amongst the eerily quiet Edge and so she leaves. She charges for the cliffs and leaps into the air at the last possible moment then circles around to head east. The girl soars with her beloved, brightly colored companion for as long as she can, clinging to one of her few remaining joys with an intense desperation. Yet even the sky seems bleak. Everything in her little world seemed to be more dim and lackluster than she ever remembered it to be. She had to land eventually, unless... no. Naerys is too much of a coward to take herself out before Kaos has the chance. Even that small glimmer of an idea was enough to tear at her heart and flash the faces of her nearest and dearest through her mind.

Petyr's knowing glance doesn't escape her notice but she chooses not to acknowledge it. Instead, she simply shakes her head softly then swoops in to land somewhere in the depths of the Labyrinth. Yet as she unceremoniously folds her wings against her sides, she is quick to realize that she and Petyr aren't alone (ironic that they were more alone in the Edge than they are here near the middle of this maze of green). Teal eyes quickly and efficiently scan her surroundings - landing rather abruptly on a dark figure with eyes that practically matched her own. Without hesitation and with an air of confidence that is mostly external (as is evidenced by the clear increase in her heart rate) she approaches. It's amazing how easily one changes when death lurks in the nearest corner.

"Hello." she says sweetly as she draws near, purple passionflowers begin to grow around her hooves shortly after she stops. Petyr lands effortlessly upon her shoulders, his nearly white gaze staring unabashedly at the stallion - the extent of his intimidation for now. "I'm Naerys and that's Petyr." And suddenly she doesn't know what else to say. They're all going to die soon anyway, right?

N A E R Y S

image credit

@Kvasir

IN YOUR HEART SHALL BURN AN UNQUENCHABLE FLAME

[Image: 2PHncqI.gif]

permission for all except death and dismemberment.
** please tag naerys in replies **
replies slow? check here for status updates.

Kvasir Posts: 25
Outcast
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 16.3 :: 2 years
Adoptable
My head turns at the sound of hooves landing, and I am met by the blue eyed gaze of a beautiful mare. Slowly my eyes peruse her body as she approaches, rather confidently I might add, and her vocals create words that my dark ears catch. My eyes leave hers to the companion that she mentioned was Petyr. Naerys. I turn towards her, and move towards her as well. "Kvasir. Naerys, that is a lovely name." A charming smile lifts my lips as I arch my neck ever so slightly. Sure, I was still somewhat gawky and a little tall, but you could see the lines of a stallion who would be rather handsome in not much longer. "It is a pleasure to meet you both... I'm afraid I've been gone for some time.. Do you know what has happened? I've gotten bits a pieces, but nothing straight. Is it true that the gods have abandoned their herd lands?"

Nice. Way to be sexy. Ask about the end of the damn world. Your a real charmer Kvasir. You will really make it to the big leagues with the ladies.
"I'm sorry. I've also been alone. You probably would rather not talk about such a downer. My, uh curiosity just gets the best of me. You are very lovely by the way, if you don't mind me saying."

Holy shit. Kvasir. You should have just stopped talking completely, you fool. Stupid stupid stupid. Yep. Way to kill the suave mysterious stranger look. Heck yes. Obviously you are a total beast. All the ladies will really want to be with you now. Not. Please, just go find a hole and never come out again. Please please please.

I smiled a little less charmingly, in fact it was actually filled with awkward what-the-fuck-have-i-done-ness and please-don't-thin-im-weird. And as I waited, I slowly felt my heart jumping around in my chest. Oh gods, why are girls so scary?

@Naerys

AWKWARD BBY
[Image: 56a07107f15a9]