the Rift

[PRIVATE] upside down like a rollercoaster ride

Kirottu Posts: 40
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 9 HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Youmna :: Royal Cerndyr :: Dark Mist & Lamplight Whit
The tears burned his eyes, I felt them through the bond. They stung, not just physically, but the reason for them also ate him up inside.

Fucking pathetic, his inner voice roared, scornful, hateful and overbearing, drowning out any attempts even my own voice might make upon him. I watched, sadly, as he broke, as his accursed body gave in, as the weight of everything finally ruined him.

I didn't think the mare would turn back, I didn't think she had any time left for him. But something must have affected her, something must have penetrated her mind - or perhaps she simply could not leave an argument without having the final say.

I was almost afraid that she was going to strike him down where he stood, crumpled and broken, before her. I almost moved to place myself between them, to summon my own magic to defend my bondmate - but she didn't attack him, at least not physically.

She posed a question to him, a pointed and direct question, seeking the answer to his odd and brash behaviour.

I watched as his eyes, watery with the tears they shed, rose to meet hers once more, as that feeling overcame him again, as he was able to let go a bit of that accursed self as he clung onto her.

It was like a drug, an addiction, and he was clinging hard to his fix.

"I don't know," he murmured, and I saw her frown, dissatisfied with his answer. "No - wait - " he said, taking a step to hold her gaze in his, to plead for her patience. "I don't know why, but when I look at you, when I talk to you - I've never told anyone about the curse before. I'm a fucking hermit, a recluse, I have been for years."

He shrugged as if to show his ignorance over his own puzzling actions.

"You make me forget that I'm like this, that I'm in some decrepit, rotten body, that I'm cursed," he didn't know how to express himself, how to explain it.

"Youmna and I, we woke up this morning feeling weird and then we met you and.. I just don't know what's going on."

Kirottu
the cursed one

floweringfatality | whimzi
on deviantart

Messages In This Thread
upside down like a rollercoaster ride - by Cirrus - 06-24-2017, 01:56 AM
RE: upside down like a rollercoaster ride - by Kirottu - 06-25-2017, 03:17 AM