the Rift

Swelter [open]

Revenant Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Here the warmth blanketed him and was a welcomed contrast to the viciously cold snow – nipping at his flesh, lavishing him with frostbite kisses that were anything but pleasant. No. They bit and tore down to the bone where his joints connected and ached. Helovia’s Heart, being here coaxed a sigh of contentment from his lungs and departed air from his nostrils that didn’t smoke and sting. He could breathe easy and he could rest easy. Such luxuries were a rarity for the obsidian man and given this chance (and this solitude) he would indulge. And so, he chewed the statuesque grasses that sprouted from the ground. He lasciviously cocked one hind hoof whilst willing his muscles to lax – they puddled like goo within their fleshy confines. His milky eyes always seemed to lack an awareness of the world… but this time he found his mind truly wandered. Not to dank torturous memories but amiable dreams: desires rampant and unbidden as they galloped in his head. Soon, he would have to return to his duties. Soon but not yet…

Not yet. The Grey and the Goddess of the Moon could humour him this... if only for a little while.

OOC: Sometimes I just like to post short and casual, k? :)

Saisands Posts: N/A
Unregistered

SAISANDS                

frozen faces can always melt, push this echo in the outside world

After the harsh cold climates, the spot where the blaze roared from underneath seemed like the perfect place to be. The heat was stifling, enough to cinder the silks of any creature. Saisands had wandered far into the unknown, no purpose to be where she was. There was still much to explore in this land; Helovia was a prodigious place with many features not yet investigated. With the air thick, it almost gave no respite from the biting winds that sucked down and chilled her to the bones.

Saisands could feel the heat pushing against her in waves, and it melted the snow that had fallen onto her beautiful tapered frame. Her golden pelt glowed a fiery scarlet, much like the flames that licked away from the gaping hole in the ground. The fire reflected in her entire body, causing her to lose her innocent looking mannerisms and gaining a far more dangerous, flirtatious side. It glinted quite unnecessarily inside her cocoa pools. They seemed to dance their own way into a fool's orbs, if they were looking.

She sighed with content at the place, unaware of what the surroundings were doing to her figure. Her untainted reputation seemed to lie in shattered ruins upon every waking step as she grew closer to the colossal heat. As she rounded off, getting closer on each dagger, her orbs took in another sight. Similar to her own display, the creature glowed with the crimson and scarlet hues that bounced and reflected from the flames. Getting even closer, she noticed he was a brute. A fine one at that. An angled horn atop a handsome crown, with a pelt that appeared to be obsidian. It was difficult to tell under the intensity of the light and heat from the crater in the ground. His relaxed posture gave her some idea of why he was here - to enjoy the warmth. I may come back here a lot more often, Saisands mused quietly to herself. The tundra here was warm from the core.

With a dip of her beautiful golden crown, her expressions welcoming, she nickered lightly to the stranger,
"Hello, sir. I hope I'm not disturbing you..." The young seraph's voice lingered melodically as it made its way across the short distance between them, and she stood there, not moving in fear of starting something she would not finish.

Revenant Posts: N/A
Unregistered
She was disturbing him but it would be rude of him to say so. Instead, his eyes peeled open and his milky stare focused on a golden woman that was smeared with ivory. It was a striking pattern, he amended internally though his face remained impassive. His jaw was squared and his lips remained cemented into a thin grim-looking line. "Revenant." he corrected her, his voice monotonous and dull compared to her flitting melody. She sang like an angel's chorus and his rough baritone shared likeness to a demon's, a Sloth demon's. Sir made him feel old and he'd experienced enough already in his young life to feel positively ancient. "Is there something you need, my dear?" the ebony statue murmured as he answered her question with a question, not realizing how one could interpret his inquiry to be hostile and uninviting. He was a blunt soul. Revenant was not privy to playing games and sashaying through social gatherings like a common twit. Words had meaning and they were meant to be direct. If this woman had gone out of her merry way to greet him it must mean she required something of him, no?

His love had been selfish. She'd taken, and taken, and taken until there was nothing left. He'd let her so was he just as much to blame for her indiscretions? 'Perhaps... I could have stopped her.' he second guessed himself as memories of Atalanta filled his mind, spurred on by the presence of this strange woman. Her lustrous coat was like hers only marred.

Saisands Posts: N/A
Unregistered

SAISANDS                

frozen faces can always melt, push this echo in the outside world

With a small hint of embarrassment about her, Saisands flicked her tapered pillars across the terra firma at his correction. Revenant. It seemed befitting of the beast that stood before her, with his azure pools that shone brightly, and equally striking coat that reflected off the orange hues of Helovia's Heart. She dipped her sweet crown to him aologetically,
"Forgive me, Revenant."

At his question she felt quite taken aback. Did she really need something from him? It was only by chance that she had followed her curiosity here, with no real intention. The warmth was a good reason to come here, for it was soothing on her aching bones that had had the frost settle in them for too long now. With a shake of her silks, she smiled in a friendly manner towards the brute. Before she replied, she noticed Revenant trailing off into his own little trance. With a high pitched cough, she simply said, "I am not in need of anything, thank you." She smiled awkwardly, not sure whether he'd tell her to leave. "I have never travelled to this part of Helovia before, I wish I had. The heat is wonderful..." Closing her pools, she enjoyed the heat briefly.

Tillas Posts: N/A
Unregistered

would you could you if really could? or would maybe could you fly away?

I, after birthing to the pretty young black filly, had quickly double-marched to Helovia's Heart, nudging along my daughter, taking care to insure I would not overwork youngling, but keeping a strong pace to get to heat, where she was less likely to die of hypothermia.

"Mother? Where are we going?" It was Edana. The little black filly was sweet, harmless, her dark blue eyes long-lashed and intriguing. I felt bad for her, running across Helovia within days of her birth, and I myself was not as fit or streamlined as I once was. In fact, I felt like dying of exhaustion, simply toppling over.

"Sorry, sweetheart. We're going to Helovia's Heart, where the winter is turned away by the heat of a very, very hot water called lava. No matter what you do, stay by my flank, and do not wander off, nor put your hooves near anything red or yellow once we reach the black." I don't think she really understood anything but the main message: do not leave my side. In fact, the curious little filly still constantly asked questions. Just as she did right after. Mom, what's that?! "Edana, that's a bird." Why don't birds have horns like you do, mom? "Very few things are lucky enough to have horns. Your father didn't have a horn either." He didn't? That's bizarre! Who was my daddy? "Daddy is a big, strong horse. He wants to protect you, but we got in an argument so you will stay with me." My voice fell silent, but Edana didn't seem to notice. What's buh-ack? "Black is the color of nighttime without any stars." So you're non-black? "No, I'm white-colored, sweetheart." But I'm a black horse! I want to look like you! "I'm sure you do." I replied, distractedly keeping an eye out for predators. We had reached the black land, where the rocks are hard underfoot and the land is hot, even in the grips of winter. Sweltering, in fact. Cautious, I kept an eye on the two wavering shapes on the other side.

I grazed for a bit, before walking over, keeping Edana close to me. I wanted to find out the news of the land. "HELLO!" Edana squealed from beside me, the little black filly bursting into a gallop across the field of rock.

"Edana!" I snap, leaping into action. I quickly catch her, slow her down, furious with my filly and annoyed.

""
"Edana"