the Rift

[OPEN] Plunder the Booty | ITEM FINDING

Amaris Posts: 299
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 5.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16h :: 4 years HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Dramyrth :: Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Frost Breath Whit
She kept looking.

It was all she could do. The idea had consumed her attention entirely, engulfed her, she could not think of anything else while the thought that her mother, with her enchanted bracelet causing this mystical twilight, was somewhere nearby.

She didn't see the small mare approaching her, didn't see the glimmer of platinum upon her foreleg, couldn't add two and two together to come to the conclusion that no, Mirage the DragonHeart was not here…

She just couldn't.

The world was ending, and with it, her mind seemed to have fled. She was almost growing frantic, her gaze lingering upon a point barely a second before she turned again, searching, exploring, hoping to see the dark figure of her mother wander over a sand dune, or the gleaming, magnificent golden dragon that was her magic flying overhead.

Amaris was a mess.

It was only when the shorter mare spoke that she realised the figure she had noticed (just before the twilight had settled in) had continued to near her, had wanted to address her, to engage her in conversation. Golden eyes flicked to the belle, and where she normally would have offered a kind smile and appraising glance, she appeared quite vacant, and was breathing harder than normal, as if she had just undertaken a taxing physical task.

Dramyrth, more present in her mind than when it first happened, but still not completely there as he always had been before, crooned a soft, sad note - its meaning was unclear, for once silence swallowed the note up again, he resettled upon his beloved's withers to watch the proceedings.

"My mother," Amaris started, unaware of how her words barely addressed the questions posed to her (she had barely heard them to begin with, and her frazzled mind wasn't capable of verbatim recollections right now).

"This twilight, this enchanted night, is something that used to herald my mother's presence." And as she spoke, the memories flooded in, the realisations, the knowledge that the DragonHeart was dead. What she didn't recall at this time was that the DragonHeart died without the enchanted item that was the actual cause of this artificial twilight.

"But she's dead." Clipped tones added, her words spoken in a voice she hardly recognised as her own.

And that was all she could manage, as she looked sadly out over the horizon, watching the curious way the dawn tried to rise, and did rise everywhere else, except for the area surrounding them, here, on the sands of the Endless Blue.

Daniel Schiersner @ flickr & larfsalot @ deviantart

@Erthë ..
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

Messages In This Thread
Plunder the Booty | ITEM FINDING - by NPC - 06-27-2017, 09:18 PM
RE: Plunder the Booty | ITEM FINDING - by Erthë - 06-28-2017, 06:16 AM
RE: Plunder the Booty | ITEM FINDING - by Amaris - 06-28-2017, 08:36 AM
RE: Plunder the Booty | ITEM FINDING - by Erthë - 06-28-2017, 09:11 AM
RE: Plunder the Booty | ITEM FINDING - by Amaris - 06-29-2017, 05:35 AM
RE: Plunder the Booty | ITEM FINDING - by Erthë - 06-29-2017, 06:20 AM
RE: Plunder the Booty | ITEM FINDING - by Amaris - 06-29-2017, 07:22 AM
RE: Plunder the Booty | ITEM FINDING - by Erthë - 06-29-2017, 07:58 AM
RE: Plunder the Booty | ITEM FINDING - by Amaris - 07-01-2017, 01:09 AM
RE: Plunder the Booty | ITEM FINDING - by Wessex - 07-05-2017, 01:27 PM
RE: Plunder the Booty | ITEM FINDING - by Erthë - 07-10-2017, 02:12 PM