the Rift

[PRIVATE] With every broken bone, I swear I lived

Erthë Posts: 440
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14,2 hh :: 3 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Chan

Though always surrounded by the familiar faces of the herd, though her generous heart found family and friend in every stranger she met on the road, there were those who managed to carve out a special place for themselves within her heart. Erthë could never quite say why certain people warmed her soul more than others, nor who might come to take up those precious spaces. Some she only met rarely, once upon a blue moon and always in passing, yet their presence in the world still managed to give her something more than mere pleasant words could account for. Others, fortunately, had been placed right beside her on the winding road through life, and the small mare found that she always appreciated crossing paths with them.

Stirred by the presence of the approaching filly, the moon-colored mare turned and greeted the girl with a soft smile, one that thawed the wary impatience from her pale eyes and lent them a new warmth.

"Hello Maude" she said. "You have grown since last I saw you... Are you taller than me yet?"

Easing herself out of the stiff vigilance, Erthë padded across the damp earth and reached out to pull the young girl into a cold embrace. It never ceased to astound her how fast foals grew. It seemed only yesterday that this little ray of sunshine came dancing into the world, and now it would not be long before Erthë would have to crane her neck to look her in the eyes.

"Are you well? And your parents?"

Big girls cry when their hearts are breaking
image credit to Neaqmir on deviantart.com

@Maude

~| Use of magic and violence is always permitted |~
~| Please only tag in opening posts |~

Messages In This Thread
RE: With every broken bone, I swear I lived - by Erthë - 06-28-2017, 11:58 AM