the Rift

[PRIVATE] With every broken bone, I swear I lived

Maude Posts: 140
World's Edge Filly
Filly :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: Yearling
Bunnie

As Maude calls to her, Erthë turns about with a smile, and the tears that had been held back freely wend their way down her milky cheeks. With a jubilant leap and a plentiful streaming of rippling mane and fluttering cloth, the girl surges forward to meet her friend, the two of them enfolding in an embrace that fills Maude with honey-sweet warmth she had been ever so desperate for. The curt question is answered with a giggle, and a grin, her neck closing fast about the chilly, moonlight body of her friend.

Her cheerful tears staunch in time with the downturn of her smile Erthë’s second question makes her pull away. Looking down and out into the mist with damp cheeks, she sighs, suddenly reminded that she is absolutely terrible, despite her greatly missed friend’s return.

I… I’m okay, I guess,” she answers, at first, but with an emotional hiccup she crestfallenly sweeps her nose down towards her chest, two more hot beads of saline making tracks down her face. When she manages an answer to the second question, it is not entirely true, or even descriptive, but it is all she can manage without dissolving into a blubbering mess. “They’re away.

Fastening upon the gift of hope that Erthë had unintentionally brought back with her, however, the almost grown filly looks back up, a smile replacing the sadness that had existed there, as she’d stared at the ground. This wasn’t a time to be sad! This was a time to be happy that the chilly, warm hearted Erthë had come home at last.

You’re back, though! Where did you go? Was it fun?” she machine gun inquires, with a wide grin and bouncy hooves – at least, until she’s suddenly struck with a thought, and filled with an insatiable frustration. She’d left! And hadn’t said goodbye, either! Maude’s brows furrow down over her suddenly much more stern expression, her lower lip pouting out in a dramatic display of just how very mad she was that Erthë had just left without a word of farewell. Why did everyone always do that? It was just so… so… mean! “Why didn’t you say goodbye?

so give me hope in the Darkness
that I will see the Light
Art by neverrmind @ DA
Hold onto this lullaby, even when the music's gone.

Messages In This Thread
RE: With every broken bone, I swear I lived - by Maude - 06-28-2017, 12:20 PM