the Rift

[PRIVATE] PIECES OF PAST

Rohan Posts: 132
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.0 :: 8 years HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Éomer :: White-tailed Eagle :: Scream Reli
So don’t leave me here on my own
“I’m not sure of how well the North suits you after all.”

Countless times he had told himself that he didn’t expect to find anyone here, on the frozen shores of this miserable wasteland—that he hadn’t been looking for anyone or hoping to see a familiar glimpse of those bright, bright eyes. He might have convinced himself, too, if her voice hadn’t suddenly cut through the frosty air. The sting of her words is locked away and saved for another time of lonely brooding (in the deepest parts of his mind, hadn’t he always imagined that he would end up in the North, with her?) but for now, it is only her presence that is enough to grasp the stallion’s mind and demand every ounce of his attention.

He turns, slowly, afraid that she will disappear into the nothingness of daydreams if he were to move too fast. Dark lashes flutter, his hooded eyes betraying him as they shimmer with a sense of desperation and earnesty, brimming with unspoken questions of Are you really here? and Could you ever forgive me?

“Enna,” he breathes, his voice nearly breaking, releasing a breath he doesn’t realize he’d been holding. Her name is honey on his tongue, sweet and deliciously familiar—his eyes take her in (because he hasn’t seen anything as beautiful in so, so long) and the images in his dreams could never compare to the poignancy of her standing before him now. (Is she real?) Dusty nostrils curl, inhaling her scent. It is all he can do to keep himself from rushing forward, from embracing her again, from wrapping his neck around hers and pulling her into him, if only to ensure that she is here, and she is safe.

(But he’s hurt her before, why would she be safe now?)
The thought nearly makes his heart bleed, his brow furrowing in sorrow while he aches inside.

“What? Oh—” green eyes sweep down to the speckled egg nestled at his hooves, bundled in a casual nest of stray leaves and pines. The stallion briefly lowers his head, brushing his lips against the smooth surface, before he looks up again, trying to meet her eyes. “Thank you, I found it just outside of Helovia’s borders.” He attempts a smile, a crooked twist of his lips that doesn’t quite reach his eyes.

The movement within the fabric cradled against her chest hadn’t gone unnoticed; his gaze falls to the white fluff that is visible (ears, perhaps?) while his head tilts gently. “Congratulations to you as well,” the smile on his lips is more genuine now—wanting her to be happy, more than anything, and reminded that more than a short time has passed since they have seen each other.

(Too long).

“It’s so good to see you again,” Rohan starts while he is still looking at her companion, daring to lean forward a step as he raises his eyes, telling himself that his gaze doesn’t cry desperation (and knowing that he’s wrong). “I’ve...” missed you. The words hang on the tip of his tongue, a plea for forgiveness, for her to take him back, but the poison of his pride restrains him, because what if she doesn’t care? What if she has forgotten him? Forgotten them and all they have shared? He takes a shuddering breath, willing his wild heart to still. “It’s been awhile; how have you been?” The man says instead, quietly, and hates himself for it.

“Speech.”
without you I’m so lost
without you I’m so cold
rohan & enna

@Enna | image credits
[Image: 57c5195f31f1b_by_relibelli-db9li1z.png]
please tag Rohan in all replies!
magic & force is permitted, excluding death or permanent injury.

Messages In This Thread
PIECES OF PAST - by Rohan - 06-30-2017, 10:13 AM
RE: PIECES OF PAST - by Enna - 07-06-2017, 02:56 AM
RE: PIECES OF PAST - by Rohan - 07-06-2017, 01:58 PM
RE: PIECES OF PAST - by Enna - 07-08-2017, 01:25 AM
RE: PIECES OF PAST - by Rohan - 07-09-2017, 02:45 AM