[OPEN] planning for the future

Zèklè Posts: 166
Outcast atk: 8.0 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Colt :: Pegasus :: 14.1 :: Three HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
charks
Zèklè
Hey kid, guess what?

You're gonna be a Da.

You think it over and over. You think it when you're running, or swimming, or shitting, or sleeping. You think it as you look at the water and as you stare at the sky. Occasionally you'll forgot to think about it for a moment, and then the thought will come back, and you find yourself grinning a stupid, dopey, crooked, brilliant grin.

Iso's pregnant, and you're gonna be a dad.

You rise out of the water and shake, your large, black-and-blue scaled body shedding droplets of crystal sea onto the waiting sand. You'd love to continue your dive, but you have work to do - even if being under the water is basically the coolest thing ever. Though, you think, that grin spreading back across your fish-whiskered-feline-face, nearly - being a future Da has to take the cake. That's why you're here, after all, an undersea cat stretched out on the beach, your mouth full of salvaged bits of shell. On webbed paws you pad further up the beach, stopping when you reach your growing stash. The shell that drops from your teeth is opalescent, a large shard of mother-of-pearl you carefully salvaged from the floor of the sea; there's a lot of that in the pile, among other things, and with a satisfied nod you decide this might be enough.

Time to get to work!

As always, you lose track of the world as you work, your concentration wholly focused on channeling your magic into the collection of mineral and stone. You took the idea from your undersea adventures, thinking about the creatures of the deep, the great behemoths you've seen and spoken to. You hope your child will one day meet them, and Iso too; you secretly pray your offspring will be able to swim with you beneath the sea.

But if they can't, well, maybe you can take the sea to them.

The bulk of the pair are made of sandstone, collected from the shores of the Throat. You gathered some obsidian around the rim of the veins, and that becomes the smooth topped back, flicking out into fins and a tail on one, a shell on the other. Beneath is a lining of titanium carefully collected from your side: four stocky legs secure it to the ground, allowing effective, if slow, mobility. The first has eyes of lapis lazuli, horns of spiny coral, and finally, a splashing of star-like mother of pearl across its sharky back. The second has eyes of gold from the Throat, and a mother-of-pearl inlaid shell. One is a whale shark, the other a turtle; both bear the weight of your passion, your love.

Stepping back, you exhale sharply, looking with pride on your latest creation. You yawn widely and sit on your haunches, ready to curl up for a midday nap. You've come a long way since the birth of Squishy- a long way in a lot of ways, not all of them good.

But this? These golems and your panther form and Isopia and the swiftly approaching birth of your first child? This shit, it's good

-----------------------
[ Zero made two golems! One is shaped roughly like this! The other is turtle shaped!
He's also in underwater panther form! He looks a lot like this!, but with his own coloring!
All are welcome :D]
"Talk."
And in the sea that's painted black,
Creatures lurk below the deck
But you're a queen and I'm a lionheart

image | coding

Wessex Posts: 149
Aurora Basin Haruspex atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 7.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 3 HP: 68 | Buff: NOVICE
Astor
for there are many ways to kill a man they say
Well if this isn’t one of the most bizarre sights Wessex has ever come across.

I mean Kaos does some pretty weird shit, but this cat-dragon-fish (catfish lizard?) thing really takes the cake.

And yet… it doesn’t seem to be wreaking havoc or causing any sort of destruction of the type she’s likely to expect, given what seems to be a most certain, impending war. In fact, the creations it crafts are quite lovely, further adding to the confusion. The obvious answer (that it is a Helovian with shifting powers) doesn’t surface – not yet – but it’s lingering there, in the murky waters of her strained mind. There is no levity such as impending parenthood (and if there was, would she feel joy at it?) to take her mind from the uncertainty that lingers in the Basin’s air. This excursion is supposed to help with that, but surprise, surprise, it isn’t doing that much.

Wessex clears her throat, drawing attention to herself if the strange beast had not already noticed her lingering down the beach. It’s just the two of them, and the gulls and the waves and the whispering of the salty air. The former Haruspex thought that maybe she could gather some inspiration from the sea, mimicking the stance her mother used to take while sifting through troubling thoughts, or whatever it is that Queens think about. Unfortunately for the horned woman, whatever mysterious link Lagertha seemed to have with the sea is lost, gone with the rest of their culture, and Wessex is left to fend for herself – doubly so, after Sparky peaced the fuck out.

Cautiously, curiously optimistic, the warrior-priestess closes half the distance between them, calling out without so much as an instruction, “What are you?”  

I am Iron and I Forge Myself

@Zekle
-- please tag in all posts! --
-- magic and force allowed, no death or permanent damage --

Zèklè Posts: 166
Outcast atk: 8.0 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Colt :: Pegasus :: 14.1 :: Three HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
charks
Zèklè
What are you?

Well, there's a familiar question. Half-lying, half-sitting, you pull yourself into an awkward semi-standing position that somehow manages to encompass all three, brilliant sunbeam eyes blinking as you stare down the inquisitive stranger, anger flashing briefly through your recently peaceful mind. Offense is preparing to dominate your emotions. Is this because of the wing...? but, oh wait, you don't have wings right now. Not even one. Dolt.

That's right- you somehow managed to forget that you're not even a horse at the moment, but the minute you do your ire shifts to an easy amusement, and you laugh, grinning toothily at the incredibly spiky stranger. "What'm I? I'm a great adventurer, jus' back from explorin' the deepest parts of the ocean!" Your voice may be deeper, but the playful inflection is still that of a boy. You wink - less charming than intended, seeing as you're still a giant sea cat, but you can't win 'em all. "I fought off sharks n' demons t' get this treasure, y'know," you conclude almost-but-not-actually gravely.

"Whaddabout you?" you demand now of the stranger, bright eyes glittering as you invite her into the game. "What're you?" What do you want to be? You stretch easily, long tail tracing lazy patterns in the sand, trying desperately to appear friendly and approachable despite your chosen form. You don't want to shift back yet- don't want her to look and see the missing wing, the growing pool of metal, the lack of height, the flaws. In this form you're powerful and capable and cool, and you like that. You take a step toward the stranger, still smiling toothily amiably, still perfectly blissful in the knowledge of your impending fatherhood.

The golems shift and stretch their legs, as though testing the limits of their semi-life. They plod behind you, moving with surprising agility for such stub-limed things; the shark, unsurprisingly, is faster. They stop as you do, staring at the stranger with inquisitive (except not, because no matter what you believe they can't think) eyes - a mirror to your own sunbeam gaze.

And in the sea that's painted black,
Creatures lurk below the deck
But you're a queen and I'm a lionheart

image | coding

@Wessex :D

Wessex Posts: 149
Aurora Basin Haruspex atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 7.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 3 HP: 68 | Buff: NOVICE
Astor
for there are many ways to kill a man they say
Touche, strange catfish-lizard. What exactly is Wessex? It isn't the first to ask (and would not be the last), though she is happy to see that its gaze does not widen in fear, like so many others do.

In fact, if its tone wasn’t so damn jovial and teasing, Wessex might have responded with some sort of biting remark, spitting back with venom instead of… well, not-venom. “Sharks n’ demons, huh?” She grins back, eyeing it with a look of camaraderie. “You must be a great warrior, then, as well as a great adventurer.” The distance between them closes again as the dappled woman muses over the various choice phrases she could offer the stranger in order to describe her particular peculiarities. “I’m part scorpion and part porcupine. Part monster. They actually call me the Scorpion Queen, she adds quickly, feeling no shame in embellishing her newfound powers. Mutants are out. Venomous arthropods are in.

The former Haruspex is no longer simply a thing one might be afraid to touch, she’s a thing one does not want to brush up against in battle. She is a walking biological weapon.

Her yellow-orange gaze shifts to the glamourous rock creatures which follow the catfish-lizard, curious as they seem to stare back at her dark, but life-like eyes. She’s never seen a while shark before, but the turtle is easily recognizable. There is something peaceful in their composition, in the variety of stones and pale, luminous beauty. “They are beautiful,” she says quietly, perhaps even with a tinge of sorrow. Beauty is always the first to go in war. After life, it is the worst of all the casualties.

I am Iron and I Forge Myself

@Zekle
-- please tag in all posts! --
-- magic and force allowed, no death or permanent damage --