the Rift

[PRIVATE] I'll Be A Better Man Today {Death}

Calstron Posts: 43
World's Edge Protector
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: 8
Goatfairy
I am sorry....its like.....really long. -coughs-
Calstron

OF  course Calstron did not know the origins of final new acquaintance. He knew only that the stallion before him must become his executioner. Sweat was beginning to peek through his coat in spots. Fear, stress, a focused calm. This thrilling reversal of roles was creating such strange, unusual emotions.
He barks out a dark, deep throated laugh at the young dog's declaration that all must not be so bad as it sounds. The creature was a mirror of his youth. Charming, charismatic, powerful, intelligent, sly. But oh, how Calstron was going to relish turning that gluttonous gaze to one of revulsion. "Oh, but it can."

A breath is taken; slowly the air wheezes in. There was much he'd never told anyone and much he'd only ever told one soul, now long dead. The thought occurs to him that this young stud's face would be the last he'd ever see. This story, the last words he'd speak. It was so undeserved, this lengthy version of final words, compared to how short he'd cut other's final requests. He'd better make it good. He'd better say all that he had to say. He'd better hope and pray that someone else was listening in, was hearing what he had to say, that maybe Castiella would learn, that Akriel might know and be made strong. He'd better hope that he took someone destined for the black tide of abandon and made them rage against the world corrupting them. Fight, he thinks silently to his offspring. Do not become like me. Be better.

"While I have been here I have gone by the name Ron. But my true name is Calstron. I was born far from this land. In a place with many different kingdoms I was born to the most violent of these. I was their prince. Its about as bad as the usual sad sap story about a good mother and an asshole father. But it was also more than that. He beat me as soon as I was old enough to leave my mother's side for a few moments. He beat me until I killed the small animals he'd caged. He made me slit my first equine throat at 6months old. No one cared; they all just passed by. A Prince was not a mortal and thus his treatment was allowed to be whatever the King saw fit. A Prince must be strong, adept, violent, intelligent, calculating. A Prince must be better. Emotions? Empathy? Useful facades and nothing more. The world expected more of me.

There was a filly, when I was one. The daughter of an attendant or something. The purest soul you might ever see and yet she was stronger than iron. She had eyes the color of jade and a body more sleek than a cougar's when she ran through the maze near our home. I told her all my secrets. I confided to her about the beatings, the killings, and..and my battle trainer. He had started doing -things- to me when I was 6months old and had never stopped. (Though he would when I reached two) But you see, this was my mistake, for the battle trainer was ever near. He overheard one day and the next morning I was holding her body as she vomited blood, gagging, gasping. Murdered. All because of me.  My father never knew who killed her only that she was dead and that I had broken one of his rules in having a friend.

He found out, then, that I had others he didn't know about. Ones who held no purpose, who were bound to no career, and he ordered his advisors to kill them in front of me. I was not told. We were out playing a game when the assassins came out of the bushes. They killed all 6 of my friends and then walked away. I did not keep friends after that. This pleased my father. But then, I began to kill whenever I was mad, sad, anxious. Whatever. It didn't matter. I just killed to kill. This frightened the advisors and so my father decided he'd sate my bloodlust by sending me into battle.  I was a year and a half when I left the castle. Even though it was a march of death for many they were all in good spirits. They talked about the mares they'd take when they got home and the drinks they'd have. Before the battle we all rolled in a gloriously cool river and sparred and laughed. I remember the exact blue of the water, the way leaves would periodically fall in someone's eyes. I remember it all. Other than my clandestine meetings with the filly this was the only other moment of my youth where life felt normal. Then the battle happened and they all died. Well, the ones who had been in the river anyways.

Then there was Rexanna. She was given to me as a mate in a treaty with a nearby nation. She tried and, after a time, so did I. Eventually she became pregnant and our kingdom was overjoyed. One night, when she was babbling away as mares are wont to do, I used the mind magic I'd possessed at the time on her. I found out that her marriage to me had all been a sham by the enemy nation. She was only some bastard child born to a whore or something and the kingdom had used her to make a joke out of me. Just another lie in my life. When my father and the advisors found out they demanded action. I took our entire army, and Rexanna, and destroyed her homeland. I killed a great many that day. During the chaos she escaped. She did.....a great many things to me after that day. Our son, he...died. Left in a shallow grave. I became obsessed with revenge, with hate, with everything that she represented about how my life had gone thus far. And so I followed her here.

I killed a great many on my way. I raped. I burned down buildings. I was, I was worse than I'd ever been. The red tide, the blackest darkness that overtakes you when you feel the kind of rage that I did. You cannot stop it. It cannot be controlled. I found her here, I stalked her, I tortured her. I came here and I did a great many things that most would consider atrocious. I don't, of course, I haven't really understood why the masses care so much for a long time. Sometimes I feel, sometimes I do not.

I even almost killed someone here, in these very caves. I was enraged, I was hunting, I was gone and I thought she died. But her bones are not here now so I presume she lived.

But then I met my mate. She was strong and dark and feminine and she holds what little is left of my soul now. We have twins together and I can see the beginnings in them of what problems led me down my path. I see their beautiful little minds and I see one as he struggles with rage and the other as she struggles with how to fit in and I know that my being there, being with them, will be of no help. I do not want... I, I know I must die so that they might live. That is why I am here. So that they might not do bad things. So that the ghosts of their past will not follow them and so that they might continue on in peace."

He stops then, he knows this is the end, he knows he's already stolen too much time."I do not hope that you've heard this story and come out thinking I deserve mercy. I don't. Others have had lives similar to my own and not done as I have. There are always pressures. There is always terrorism. There is always death and there is always greed. I let the world break me, I welcomed it, I asked for it. I merely hope for empathy, for understanding...perhaps? In some sort of odd way I wish for someone to know. To understand. If you can, tell my mate thank you for what she gave me and my foals that I loved them. That is all. Please, dear Reaper, do as I deserve."

Calstron sighs and takes in the trees, the skies. That whole thing seemed so cliche, so selfish, so dumb. But who cared, he way going to die. Might as well. He could have said all that sooner, to Rexanna, to anyone. But it wouldn't have made a difference. His fucked up, piece of shit, broken ass mind wouldn't have cared yet. None of it had mattered until he had his foals. There had been no perspective. But now he would do what needed to be done for the sake of all who knew him. Today, he would never hurt another horse. Today, he would be a better man.

"speech" 
I'll Fall So You Might Live
SKYLARK

OOC: Might do like an ending post after this one? Might not? We'll see how Erebos writes it I supposed. Then everyone else is welcome to join in.

@Erebos

WARNING:
Calstron is a dark character that often utilizes curse words and his posts may contain triggering content.  PG-13, not PG

Messages In This Thread
I'll Be A Better Man Today {Death} - by Calstron - 07-03-2017, 12:46 AM
RE: I'll Be A Better Man Today {Death} - by Calstron - 07-06-2017, 10:15 PM