the Rift

[SWP] The beginning of the end :: it continues

Wessex Posts: 149
Aurora Basin Haruspex atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 7.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 3 HP: 68 | Buff: NOVICE
Astor
for there are many ways to kill a man they say
So when Wessex said that she’d always protect Tiamat… she didn’t expect to have to do it so soon.

Thick black smoke seeps its way over the mountains, crawling over the peaks like an invading army of ferocious, toxic ants. And the worst part it that there’s literally nothing she can do to fight it - how do you fight a smoke monster? Her magic is useless here… there is nothing to do but gather the Basiners and move on out. Except that as the Haruspex mentally tallies the residents, she notices her favorite Lady is missing.

Goddamnit.

A defiant scream rends the air, and the warrior woman is off towards it in a hearbeat, hooves churning the frozen ground to pieces, legs carrying her as fast as they can back towards the thick, black mess. She’s mentally cursing Tiamat, knowing full well that the anger that lies inside the tiny woman is potent, but jesus fucking christ, coudn’t she choose a better time to be defiant? “Tiamat!” she bellows into the darkening interior, before she spies a flash of white, that can only the underside of Nimue, and the horned woman alters course towards it. The smoke beats her, crashing in upon their darling Lady with nary a sound or warning - she’s just gone, and Wessex hears a roar of rage ripped from her throat.

“Tia! she screams again, begging the woman to follow her voice, “Tia, where are you?!” And then, yes! A blue leg, and all of a sudden some of the blackness clears, and Wessex can see her target again. With a deep growl, she puts all her energy into a leap forward, trying to join Nimue on the other side of Tiamat and drive her back, back out of the smoke, back towards safety, though it may break both of their hearts. She’s never used force on the gentle soul, but she’ll be damned if a couple of scratches and bruises aren’t worth the maiden’s life.

“Enough, Tia! Stop. You can’t fight him!” she growls, lowering her head and brandishing her spikes towards the blue woman, coughing all the while. “Go!” she barks, eyes stinging and leaking involuntary tears. “You’re going to kill Nimue if you don’t!”

And me, she thinks, but her vow is ever in the forefront of her mind, and she’ll either get the former Lady out, or die trying. Such is the stupidity of nobility.  

I am Iron and I Forge Myself

@Tiamat
-- please tag in all posts! --
-- magic and force allowed, no death or permanent damage --

Messages In This Thread
RE: The beginning of the end :: it continues - by Wessex - 07-10-2017, 07:30 PM