the Rift

[PRIVATE] right now i need a miracle

Neaera Posts: 3
Outcast
Filly :: Tribrid :: 16.1hh :: newborn
Charon :: Common Phoenix Zephyr :: None & Nix :: Common Roc Zephyr :: None Sarah

It feels right, with her sister at her side again. Neaera’s world is incomplete every time there is a gap between her and Savera - just a few moments was enough to make her feel nauseous. But then Savera was standing - and their mother soon after. Everything felt so perfect in these moments. It was right that they were all together, that this was their family. She’s filled with a fierce sense of belonging that she still doesn’t quite understand - suddenly knowing that everyone else beyond this group does not matter.

The chick made of gold fire emerges from the egg in a heap of feathers, and Neaera’s a little disappointed with how ugly it looks. Savera’s is ugly too, in a different way, but hers is fluffier like the fox. Their mother offers the suggestion of names and Neaera nods her head, whickering a soft thank you to Natraj for the suggestion, and to their mother for speaking it. Her head is lowered right down to the level of the chick and she angles her head to give it a good look. She can feel this little life inside of her head, almost even more real than the bond she has with her sister and mother.

Then there are others.

A dark stallion, a drop of the night sky that is rapidly disappearing. She doesn’t give him much more than quick glance, because her chick is falling out of the egg and demands her attention instead. A golden mare approaches too, scales the colour of the flames of Charon’s feathers, and she seems to fit more with their family than the black stallion seemed to.

Now that Charon is out of his egg, she can see inside of it. At the bottom of the egg is an inky darkness, something more than just shadows. It shifts and moves and then another head is peeking out over the edge of the fractured shell.

And just like that, as if their father had heralded its arrival, suddenly this Mesec does fit in because he matches the new chick who has feathers such a dark purple that they are nearly black. Their feathers match Charon’s eyes perfectly, and the new chick has eyes that burn with gold.

In confusion, Neaera turns her head up to her mother - who seems to know everything - her gaze clearly showing how lost she feels. She doesn’t like not understanding - and hopes this feeling will go away soon.

Messages In This Thread
right now i need a miracle - by Tandavi - 07-08-2017, 08:24 AM
RE: right now i need a miracle - by Neaera - 07-08-2017, 08:59 AM
RE: right now i need a miracle - by Savera - 07-08-2017, 09:27 AM
RE: right now i need a miracle - by Tandavi - 07-08-2017, 09:51 AM
RE: right now i need a miracle - by Neaera - 07-08-2017, 10:36 AM
RE: right now i need a miracle - by Savera - 07-08-2017, 11:27 AM
RE: right now i need a miracle - by Mesec - 07-08-2017, 12:02 PM
RE: right now i need a miracle - by Tandavi - 07-08-2017, 10:19 PM
RE: right now i need a miracle - by Amaris - 07-09-2017, 07:19 AM
RE: right now i need a miracle - by Neaera - 07-09-2017, 06:56 PM
RE: right now i need a miracle - by Savera - 07-10-2017, 02:34 PM