the Rift

[PRIVATE] clear nights

Kirottu Posts: 40
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 9 HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Youmna :: Royal Cerndyr :: Dark Mist & Lamplight Whit
Kirottu
the cursed one
You'd think we be used to the cloudmare making surprised exclamations over the most trivial and odd things, but in this moment, we both reacted. I had resumed my stance slightly apart from them, there was no need for my presence so close. I was enjoyed my vantage point, my observation of the perfect little new family being born, taking their first steps, breathing their first breaths, watching as the new parents revelled in each other and their newest gems of creation.

But when the cloudmare exclaimed a very loud Oh!, we both started, jumping, wincing, worried that yet another dilemma was about to come to light, another drama was about to steal her away from us, another danger about to swallow us all up.

It was none of those things, fortunately, it was instead a question of what to name them.

Kiro laughed with relief, shaking his head at the mare and murmured "You almost gave me a heart attack," before turning his attention back to the colt and filly who struggled to rise from their sandy beds upon this dune of the Endless Blue.

"Eira is a name for snow - perhaps our little snow-touched girl here might suit?" he asked, never presuming to be the one to name them alone, knowing (hoping) that it would be Cirrus' and his decisions together. The filly, with her bird-catcher spots and pristine mane and tail, certainly seemed to fit the name.

And then to the boy he looked, with his pelt that changed in ways not dissimilar to his mother's, and he smiled fondly.

"My aunt used to tell me of a story about an old god who ruled the wind and seas, who brought tempests and storms with him, who could hum raindrops from the air - Indra was his title."

And he looked between the foals and to his lover, to Cirrus, with a hopeful glint to his eye, a smile touching his lips, as she nodded happily and repeated the names in her own tongue. I murmured my own approval, and both Cirrus and Kiro laughed joyously, as we all celebrated the new life that would exist from this day on.

@Eira <33

floweringfatality | whimzi
on deviantart

Messages In This Thread
clear nights - by Cirrus - 07-08-2017, 07:52 PM
RE: clear nights - by Kirottu - 07-08-2017, 09:16 PM
RE: clear nights - by Cirrus - 07-08-2017, 09:39 PM
RE: clear nights - by Kirottu - 07-08-2017, 11:40 PM
RE: clear nights - by Indra - 07-09-2017, 12:15 AM
RE: clear nights - by Eira - 07-09-2017, 10:18 PM
RE: clear nights - by Cirrus - 07-10-2017, 06:47 AM
RE: clear nights - by Indra - 07-10-2017, 07:17 AM