the Rift

[OPEN] The Ants Go Marching

Thranduil the Laurelin Posts: 598
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 11 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: Eight HP: 77 | Buff: ENDURE
Haldir :: Common Cerndyr :: Dark Mist Hawk

The gold can not contain his grin as the colt startles. He was so unlike his twin. How could they be of the same blood…of the same birth? He muses while he watches his son process this questions, and stumble on the answers, and looks around as if checking for betrayers or other signs of trouble. But no, his father would not bear the wandering child any ill will, especially as it turned so humorous for him.

The colt tries to turn it on him, but he only gets raised brows and a small laugh for his bravery. “Casca….” Yet he does not anger, waiting still. The colt was not in trouble, but he was the gold’s son, and as such, the Laurelin expected an answer.

At his answer the gold has a fleeting moment of panic. Invaders- No…not real ones…ants. But the gold can not immediately laugh like he wanted to. It reminded him, painfully clear, just how close the danger was. How fragile his family might be… The gold swallows hard, finding his mouth dry, but his ears finally tune back into the words of the colt. Anyway-

The colt again questions him, and it gives the Laurelin such a joy in his own child he can’t help but smile again, even given the doom and gloom still pressing his chest. He could not say it, not even to himself, but it was obvious the gold loved his sons. Each in their own way brought him from the depths of his own flaws, and filled the voids of his life with reminders that there were still good things, humorous, strength, love or other, in this world.

“I suppose you did.” He rumbles in humor at watching the colt cock himself as at ease. Again he questions him, and this time he gives. “Ah. I was trying to find a suitable head for this.”  He reaches back to his satchel, but another question comes, halting him as he dug through the bag. The gold grins, turning back to his son. “Not here…and far from knowing of your secret adventure.” He rumbles a laugh before turning back to dig into his bag, before finally he draws out the gold object. “Ah-hrere itz iz.” He says with it between his teeth.

He pulls from satchel the crown of life. Gold branches, twisting and bending like his own, but set with gems of green as leaves. The crowned gold lays the circlet upon the grass. “Now perhaps you can help me my son.” He looks with warm humor. “I’ve been looking for a head to wear this crown. A proud one. One who bears a strong blood of wolf and gold. Of Valkyrie and Laurelin….A red prince of Helovia, not afraid to chase away invaders no matter how big…or small. A head strong enough to bear such a crown…” The same gifted words he twisted for one twin, he now does for the other. Each given the gift of pride and strength. Gold head tilted. “Now, Casca, do you know of anyone like that, because I think I do...” His grin grew as his head lowered to be level with the colt’s, gold sparks in his eyes glowing.

OOC :: I love this  
"speech"

Posting Poetics
Image by the AMAZING Vossity

@Casca

[Image: 5381546acbe33]
Feel free to use any force/magic on Thranduil, short of killing him.
Please tag in every post.
Ask Thranduil any question in the world, he'll be forced to answer on his profile. PM with your question.

Messages In This Thread
The Ants Go Marching - by Casca - 07-10-2017, 02:24 AM
RE: The Ants Go Marching - by Thranduil - 07-10-2017, 10:18 PM
RE: The Ants Go Marching - by Casca - 07-11-2017, 03:12 AM
RE: The Ants Go Marching - by Thranduil - 07-11-2017, 08:30 PM
RE: The Ants Go Marching - by Casca - 07-11-2017, 10:52 PM
RE: The Ants Go Marching - by Thranduil - 07-11-2017, 11:23 PM
RE: The Ants Go Marching - by Casca - 07-12-2017, 03:04 AM