the Rift

[OPEN] I went blind for you

Thranduil the Laurelin Posts: 598
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 11 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: Eight HP: 77 | Buff: ENDURE
Haldir :: Common Cerndyr :: Dark Mist Hawk

The tail end of their conversation catches him, as well as the names he knew. Mesec…He stored the information…tucking it away as he appeared.

Yael’s building anger goes unnoticed for a moment as earth eyes find his old comrade friendly. He smiles to her, as he hears his name. Not many who were in the Basin at the time he ruled did speak with such kindness back towards him. Of course not that he minded….but it was nice to see someone not ready to chew his head off for his departure. To her words he only nods. He was usually the one others could not find to fight, so perhaps that is why he could cope. The gold was after all the keeper of shadows. Who better to understand how to fight them, and the benefits it held. Perhaps it wasn’t exactly honorable….there were those, like Deimos (God what would he think of this mess), who found great distaste for the gold’s….methods. But even he admitted they worked. Yes, the gold knew. How could you defend your family from a fog?

Then Yael breaks her silence. Narrow eyes turn to the golden creature, watching her in a stillness of unsure meanings. He looks to the alter seeing the carvings. Earth eyes wandering over them momentarily, then looking back to her. “Promises of peace are like flowers, dreamed of for months, but fated to wither in a day.” Or more likely to be crushed upon by others. The gold hisses bitterly, his tone having fallen again. Resentment against the gold mare grows. Here he had rallied one, pulled from the depths of their moaning to remember themselves. Not a kindness he rarely gave, and she still reveled in her bitterness. Letting it consume, and devour her fight.

Then she went too far. Far too far. Harks pin and immediately the gold changes. Teeth bare and head lowers in anger, rolling a snarl like beast awoken. How dare she. How dare she! “How dare you...” It was raw, cracked, with no effort to smooth or conceal. He had watched worse. He knew fates worse than the death of a loved one. And she…she had looked at his smooth unwounded face and remained blind to the scars still scoring his body beneath his shirt, barely scabbed over….still stinging in the night… Tasseled tail whips his hips, and he steps forward. Darkness and threats rolling from him. But now it was the StarAtlas’s turn to save them.

Her words halt him. They do not change him, but they halt him. She keeps talk and he draws back his teeth and snaking head, pulling it slowly up as the mare keeps talking. His eyes never leave the gold mare…not forgiving her. Only when the old comrade pauses, does the gold break his burning stare to look upon the ground, before up to the warrior. The gold would have understood. After all he was here, at the gates of world end cracking a smile….and he would go into battle like that…and he would die like that. As she talks on the gold looks back to the golden mare, his eyes still hard and unforgiving.

“There are worse things in this world...” It tries to cut, to needle and burn, but it gives him away too. It sounds of ashes, splinters, and cracked glass. Seeking and speaking some wound for the one she laid upon him. He snorts, trying to pull away from the dark place she’d pulled him back to. “War is indeed nothing to laugh at, but I’ll not have it keep me and mine in a world of famine at the lack of -” Hope. Life. Laughter. Love. A cloven hoof stomps, but it rings silently. “Someone has to turn on a damn light around here.”

@Yael
@Ki'irha

[Image: 5381546acbe33]
Feel free to use any force/magic on Thranduil, short of killing him.
Please tag in every post.
Ask Thranduil any question in the world, he'll be forced to answer on his profile. PM with your question.

Messages In This Thread
I went blind for you - by Yael - 07-10-2017, 08:01 PM
RE: I went blind for you - by Ki'irha - 07-10-2017, 08:47 PM
RE: I went blind for you - by Thranduil - 07-10-2017, 09:36 PM
RE: I went blind for you - by Yael - 07-11-2017, 03:28 PM
RE: I went blind for you - by Ki'irha - 07-11-2017, 04:57 PM
RE: I went blind for you - by Thranduil - 07-11-2017, 07:39 PM
RE: I went blind for you - by Yael - 07-11-2017, 09:00 PM
RE: I went blind for you - by Ki'irha - 07-11-2017, 09:36 PM
RE: I went blind for you - by Thranduil - 07-11-2017, 10:23 PM