the Rift

[OPEN] I went blind for you

Yael Posts: 186
World's Edge Seer atk: 7.5 | def: 11 | dam: 2.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.2 :: 39 - appears 8 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zani :: Serval :: None Astor
He misunderstands. Bitterness is not the root cause of her anger, it is fear. And sadness. And dread at what is to come.  

“I dare because I xaf leeved almost xalf a ceentury, she spits back, revealing the one thing she’s never told anyone the whole truth of. All those years - of loving and living and watching the world pass in front of her, without so much as a wrinkle. Of burying children and grandchildren and feeling utterly helpless - because as it turns out, magic doesn’t fix everything, even when we want it to. A fire rises in her eyes, while patches of fur begin to shift to scales - the outline of a dragon appears, and with a guttural growl, she forces it back down, resuming her own unremarkable appearance. She breathes as deeply as she can, eyes closed until she can regain her composure. “Because I xaf lost everyt’ing I xad before, and xees promise of peace gave me... somet’ing.” What else can she say… her jaws work, but nothing comes out, because ultimately,  it just doesn’t seem important, or perhaps just too long for them to begin to understand. Yael falls silent.

When she does start again, it is on a completely different topic. As if her outburst had never happened, as if Ki’irha hadn’t lectured her with a novel, and the Laurelin didn’t look at her with cold, hard eyes. It is all so irrelevant, except, perhaps, for what she is about to say. “I vas ze Edge’s Seer, eet ees my understandeeng zat ze Gods are unable to… fix zis. Ze Eart God left ze Falls, and Time looked like xe vas simming against ze current for days. Ze Goddess said xe lied, so I can onlee assume xe xas maneepulated t’em. Ka’os ees... an amalgamation of ze Reeft Gods, vhatever zat means… xe seems to xaf all t’eir powers, or somezing like zat.” She looks at the altar, remembering when it rose up, and the bone monster they unwittingly delivered to him.

Vhen ve last fought xeem, xe xad a Bone Monster zat ze Mageecs could not touch. Impenetrable. Unstoppable. Everyvone, all ze varriors tried, but eet vas useless.” She looks to the two now, calm and collected and solemn.Zat ees vhat ve are up against. Eef eet comes to var, vich eet surely vill, ve are figtheeng een ze dark. Do not t’row yourself needlessly avay.” She knows the worse things Thran speaks of, and she would rather not let any of them come to pass. This fight here, amongst the three of them (or rather, the two of them against her) is nothing more than a distraction, and way to let off some steam and air their frustrations. Her head turns to the star-mare. “I xaf seen Mesec recently, and I t’ink Vesper. But Virga… I am sorree, I am not fameelear vit xeem… I am sure zey are vit ze rest of ze Edgers vhen ve fled ze cliffs...”  

Hopefully Gaal is with them, too. Otherwise her son will never know his father.

Yael

a lover of the light

@Ki'irha  
@Thranduil

Please only tag in starter posts, or if the thread is getting dusty
Force and magic allowed, no death please

Messages In This Thread
I went blind for you - by Yael - 07-10-2017, 08:01 PM
RE: I went blind for you - by Ki'irha - 07-10-2017, 08:47 PM
RE: I went blind for you - by Thranduil - 07-10-2017, 09:36 PM
RE: I went blind for you - by Yael - 07-11-2017, 03:28 PM
RE: I went blind for you - by Ki'irha - 07-11-2017, 04:57 PM