the Rift

[SWP] The beginning of the end :: the ending.

Weaver Posts: 149
Aurora Basin Corporal atk: 8.0 | def: 10.0 | dam: 3.0
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.1 :: 3 years HP: 61 | Buff: Novice
Raven :: Australian Raven :: Terrorize Kyra

i don't rise from the ashes, i make them.

They all knew they would end up here. It’d only been a matter of time, a matter of wasted preparation. There would be no fighting Kaos, not this time. There would be no stopping whatever he had planned. She’d gone with Mortuus to the herb garden and collected everything she could, meeting the rest of the herd that they’d managed to collect at the entrance. She had all her possessions with her already. Raven curled in her cape now, turning it to a nest on her back, finally settling down, too afraid to leave her side now. She wanted him with her. Her mark is protected by a piece of metal that also bears the mark of death, and the glimmering spike hangs, deadly, from her neck.

She tries to stay with the Basin, tries to stay with Mortuus really, as they travel. She has no idea if they can though. Panic create chaos, no pun intended, and she expects they will split. Still, she tries to serve as their Corporal to the very end, there to protect them if she can, to encourage them to do whatever Kaos asks. Even Weaver knows when not to fight.

Soon, they find him, Kaos and his obelisk. Though now it shifts and changes, becoming what…a portal? He invites them through it, to some other land. The Rift, she assumes, though it’s not like she knows for sure. It’s a chance, that’s all she knows, and that seems like more than they have now. She’s possibly not the first through the portal, though she’s tempted to be, to simply waltz right on through and hope that the rest will be brave enough to follow. She isn’t afraid of what lies on the other side, she is only afraid that no one will come with her. Not that she feels much, but she cares for her herd mates, and she wants to shove every single one of them through.

It doesn’t take long for some to defy Kaos though, and the battle is one sided at best. He ends their lives quickly, one after another. Finally, after what seems like hundreds of needless deaths (though really, it isn’t nearly so many) the Gods arrive. Three of them, the Sun already gone and it doesn’t take long for the rest to fall. What do they fall for? She’s not sure what their magic accomplishes other than what Earthie can sputter out, something about making it safe. Maybe he just means safer, because nothing is safe – not even Helovia.

“I’ll let you know if it kills me!” she yells, hoping some of the Basin can hear her. Not that she really thinks she’ll be able to yell back from wherever this will lead her. The Rift. Was that now home? It’s nothing new for Weaver, the girl who has lived everywhere, in this world and in others. She can make another home. With that, she slips through the carnage (for it is simply carnage, not a battle) and makes her way to the portal. Her amber eyes search for Mortuus, trying to catch his eye, imploring him to join her, to start this new life together. Something she had never thought she might ask of another horse, even if she has no idea if he'll ever see or know. Weaver aims a winning smile in Kaos' direction, though she has no idea if he’ll notice or care. “Time for a field trip,” she mutters, and plunges through.

I'm the whole fucking fire.

- weaver -

image credit | quote by erin van vuren

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by AmoretteRose

Messages In This Thread
The beginning of the end :: the ending. - by Kaos - 07-12-2017, 12:26 PM
RE: The beginning of the end :: the ending. - by Weaver - 07-12-2017, 12:59 PM