the Rift

[SWP] The beginning of the end :: the ending.
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

My name is Ophelia.

And today, I died.

I didn't plan for this to happen. I didn't mean for it to end this way. I was born in Isilme and escaped the wraiths when I was very young, mainly due to the sacrifices of those greater than myself. Helovia was my home, and though my heart belongs to many in my life, it rests in this broken land. This land has face adversity before, and we have overcome. I've watched empires rise and fall. I've met with wolves, known warring pegasi, taken charge of herdlands, pitted factions against each other, and I've spied.

The sun god blessed me. Tinek blessed me. And, I was blessed to carry Roskuld, Eleanor and Rhun to healthy lives despite my half-breed blood. I've face monsters of magic. I've faced the darkness. I've survived the plague of Helovia. I've survived the wraiths. I even killed one of the Rift gods, and I stood against Kisamoa with faith that my gods and my strength would not fail me.

I was wrong.

I knew one day I would die for this land, but I hadn't intended for it to be now. When the threat deepened and the gods called to save Helovia, I stood by their side. Tinek and I took up arms with the gods, and we fought. I watched my sun... my precious sungod.... struggle. I've never seen him look so powerless, and it broke my heart.

My one saving grace was that I didn't see Torleik or my children among the fray. I was grateful that they would survive and escape.

One moment I was fighting and the next, my hooves were swept from under me. I fell upon my side and realized that I couldn't feel them anymore. Panic was never something I felt, but I sensed it creeping in. I coughed, and blood spattered the ground. When I sat up I realized that they were gone. My legs... they were gone.

Life was draining from me, and I could feel the afterlife extending its hand to me, whispering that I had done well in this life.

Had I thought?

Tinek cried by my side, unwilling to leave me and unable. Maybe now I understood Ampere's fight against the companion bond. I've failed him completely by failing to take care of myself.

"I'm so sorry," I whispered.

Torleik.... would he be okay? Ellie? Rhun? Ros?

"I love you."

My body no longer felt pain. My soul was cleansed. No longer was I plagued by memories I couldn't shed and feelings I'd never been able to let go. I saw light. I saw the end.

Please know that I didn't mean for things to end this way. I intended to follow all of you to the very, bitter end of time. But, fate had other ideas.

So, I pray my death gave you time. I pray that I was able to do what my ancestors did before me - pave the way for better things. May my bones serve as a testament to my sacrifice. Honor me in the coming days.

Know that I am with you, always.

Love,
Ophelia.

OPHELIA
Faith shattered and decays as frosted blood flows in my veins

sdrcow @ DA

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
The beginning of the end :: the ending. - by Kaos - 07-12-2017, 12:26 PM
RE: The beginning of the end :: the ending. - by Ophelia - 07-12-2017, 02:21 PM