the Rift

[SWP] The beginning of the end :: the ending.

Sarai Posts: 7
World's Edge Filly
Filly :: Hybrid :: 15hh :: Newborn (Ages in TallSun)
Emily
Sarai

I have grown in the last few weeks. I have grown and grown fast. I spend less and less time with my adopted Mama and her family and more with my own. I have come to love them all, to trust them all. Even my brother Brendan, has earned a special place in my little heart. I am glad, I got to know all my family before...

Before it happened.

Today will be the only day I speak of such events, as I do not think I can handle speaking of it ever again.

This darkness came, and of course as I have found my vision is not as good when it is dark. Father gathers us all up, and we go looking for Sansa as we go. She's the only one missing. When we find her, I think everyone can see her sides are swelling with a baby even if she does not want to admit it. So together we walk, for what I now know is the last time as one small family.

When we get to the marsh, I instantly wish we had not come. I do not like it here as it is darker than other places. I need the light to be able to see clearly. I press tight against Father, until the creature Kaos begins to speak. He yells and screams at all of us gathered and those still coming, pushed by some force of his. I feel Father move, and Alanna makes me move backward until I am standing tight against Sansa's flank instead. I look up at the older girl, my cousin. Why would Father put me next to her, when I am sure he is able to protect me. After all, he kept the white witch from killing me...

Then it begins. When we do not do as Kaos wants, he begins to single out and kill those that object. When the ivy marked stallion dies, Sansa screams. I look up at her, my green eyes wide with fear. I do not understand what is happening. She realizes then, that I am there and tells me to look away. To close my eyes and keep tight against her.

I did for a moment, until the bright light breaks into my eyes as it seems to come for us. I feel my cousin press me in tighter, and the gasp of horror and shock. My eyes fly open, the light allowing me to see everything in perfect detail. The light had not touched Sansa or I. Not even Calypso, Sapphia or Ceto.... But it did touch others. I stare in horror, unable to speak as my cousin Farah, my brother Brendan with his bonded Arwen.... And.... "NO!" I scream. "Daddy, please, Daddy, don't leave, Daddy, no, stop it!" I can see the light taking him. I press against Sansa, tears streaming down my face.

More die. More flashes of light. But my eyes remain glued on the place where Daddy had just been standing. No. He'd never leave me. Not willingly. A red heart with a red paw print appears on my shoulder, and I know. Daddy was with me, he'd always be with me.

Sansa nips my rump, Lady is shoving me from behind. Together along with Calypso and Sapphira we go. We run to the portal, leaving my birthplace behind. Leaving everything we have ever known. But most of all, leaving Daddy, Brendan and Farah behind us.

"Typi non habent claritatem insitam; est usus legentis in iis qui facit eorum claritatem."

She is clothed with strength and dignity
Image Credit

Messages In This Thread
The beginning of the end :: the ending. - by Kaos - 07-12-2017, 12:26 PM
RE: The beginning of the end :: the ending. - by Sarai - 07-12-2017, 09:43 PM