the Rift

[SWP] The beginning of the end :: the ending.

Kratos Posts: 7
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 6yrs HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Dingo

My heart's an artifice, a decoy soul
Who knew the emptiness could be so cold?
I've lost the parts of me that make me whole
I am the darkness, I'm a monster

The end was here.

All around them, Kratos could feel it; individual flames growing strong with defiance, one last push to protect the ones they loved and the land that they had all, at some point, called home, only for each and every one of them to be cruelly and carelessly snuffed out for good. Mothers, fathers, sons and daughters, young and old, the Helovian Gods themselves… none who dared raise a hoof against Kaos were spared.

Fear was something that the midnight Prince was unfamiliar with, but in that moment, with his hide pulsing brightly for each fallen soul, it gripped him like a cold hand around his throat. Where was Jaeger? The one who had been at his side since birth, who had sworn beneath Estanzian oath to protect him at all costs until his final, shuddering breath? Who had bestowed to Kratos the knowledge of his true identity and who, most importantly of all, had become his truest friend, his brother?

Swallowing past the lump that had formed in his throat, Kratos looked beyond the ensuing chaos and death happening all around them and watched as those remaining gathered fearfully around the whirling portal that had been created. It was identical to the one that had brought he and Jaeger here two years prior, but their only option couldn’t be to return there… Could it?

“Persephone!” Her name was spoken loudly enough to be heard over the frantic cries, the wails of anguish as so many felt the brutal sting of loss. “We have to go!” They had no other choice, lest they remain behind and suffer the same fate as the others, if not worse.

Pressing his frame firmly against the sunset mare’s own, the Prince ushered her onward, and only at whatever pace she chose to do so. He would not leave her here, could not leave her here, his only light amidst a cruel and dismal world that had all too suddenly been sent spiraling down even further.

"Talking talk here."

Messages In This Thread
The beginning of the end :: the ending. - by Kaos - 07-12-2017, 12:26 PM
RE: The beginning of the end :: the ending. - by Kratos - 07-13-2017, 01:08 AM