the Rift

Tomorrow remember yesterday. [Open]

Ricciardo Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

R I C C I A R D O
The Sandman.

The wearied figure of the sodden sorrel brute squeezed through the tight frost that bore so furiously upon the frozen ground. It had been some time before Ricciardo had managed to find his way through the trodden lands of Helovia, back to the place of his former herdmates. This land was not familiar to him, for this was not his homeland. It was still reeling in his head, what had happened on that fateful day. All the flame-kissed steed could cast back to was challenging another, before flying down into the darkness of unconsciousness, only to be woken by the intruder's scents washing over his homeland.

Wincing, he took a step further into the unknown. The Sandman was ironically named in these times; the cold causing his frame to shake underneath the weight of the extreme temperatures he so desperately loathed. With a glance through his sanded orbs, he took in his surroundings. The Frostbreath Steppe was all but another wearied land, frozen to the point where he could not bear it. But the scents of herdmates from the Edge wafted their way up to his soft nostrils, nearly a welcoming. Even though Ricciardo had never found love or belonging in his herd, he knew that it was his familiar and he would stick by them.
"It is all I can do in the end..." his voice was tinged with deep melancholy.

The frozen ground crunched vigourously underneath his daggers as he plodded on with little direction or motivation for anything. The scenery slowly swerved past him as he occasionally flicked his tail silks from side to side and twitched his lobes with dissatisfaction. Nothing was as he remembered. The brute was totally against such change, but he was in conflict within his own frame at having to cope with it. But here there was nothing. Feeling evermore dejected, the amber pelted Sandman continued along his journey, in the hope of finding another of his stricken herd, cast out from their mighty lands.

It probably would have been a better option to find refuge in his sacred sands to the West, but knowing that the frosted devil would follow him anywhere, Ricciardo thought it best to search for his herdmates instead. "It has been too long since I have summoned the courage." Knowing that he had failed the herd, he was dreading his return. He had spent many moons cast out in his own bubble, swallowing his tattered pride and facing the facts - he would never be anything more than a nobody. He turned his handsome crown to let his pools take in another glance at everything, before laying his gaze upon the terra firma.

Faelene Posts: 297
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16 :: 9 Buff: NOVICE
Sica
F a e l e n e
this is they way I fall

What a lonely day. The white of winter seemed to last longer than any other season, even here in Helovia. What had she expected? The Sun God banished, and them from World Edge it was definitely a lot harsher winter in the north where their group remained. Really it wasn't she minded winter. It had just began, and the change from flames and cinder to frost, pure white fluff was serenity. it was a long season of cold, sometimes hunger, and a view of white, black, and gray. It was as if the world had been sucked of bright colors, and warmth. It made time seem slower, which was both good and bad. Things happened to quickly for her as itw as, and she did not want any more drastic changes.

A tugging frown, her ears flattened to her head she tromped through the white tundra, letting her eyes pick along the horizon. She really wanted some company, that what misery loved wasn't it? The red maned could hardly want to pass it on to someone else. Was she really miserable? Hmm, not exactly. She needed a distraction, someone to talk to, a reason not to let the inclement weather be her mood.

Working her way besides the snow drifts, instead of through, she lifted her pillars higher, propelling herself into a faster speed. It was easier to feel like doing something if she was moving with effort rather than simple padding without want.

This gait seemed to do the trick, she enjoyed snow erupting into powder, the dull crunch of her rounded daggers. Then what would she know, there was a chestnut fellow scouting the zones. She was sure she saw his face, and tried to recall. At the battle, the meeting? It seemed right if he was here, but she could not come up with a name or any mental notes she had stored away about him. That needed to change. Letting out a whinny she called to him in merry greeting. Prancing across the snow, she continued to meet him."Hello," she would say in a more formal matter. "Wandering the sea side?"

Ricciardo Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

R I C C I A R D O
The Sandman.

Tired and down, it was a comfort to have someone walk in on his lonely thoughts. The Sandman was not one take strangers in so freely and needingly, but his elation at the prospect of being able to talk to a fellow horned being was something of a great thing. His flame-kissed pelt suddenly felt brighter, as did his mind, yet he still looked bedraggled as the winds tossed his sea salt curled silks into the cooling winds. He did not know if he could withstand the coldness any longer; it was going to be a long season of Frostfall and it had only just begun. Great.

The burly brute took in the greeting with a formal nod, and took in the appearance of the fae. She appeared the same age as himself, give or take, a smooth charcoal pelt and tints of silver hidden in her bright pools. With a horn that resembled a twisted branch, it certainly inflicted much character into her being. Her frame was adorned with striking scarlet in the form of her silks, catching his orbs. Never had he seen such a vibrant colour. It reminded him of warmth, something he deeply desired. He swore he had seen her before, and judging by her scent he was certain of it. An old herd member, he thought curiously.

He replied courteously,
"Hello," her mention of the long sea waters that bordered Helovia made him long, and it shone painfully through his sandy pools, "I do wish I was on the warm shores," and let out a slight chuckle of irony as he glanced around to take in the cold sanded Steppe. This was no paradise that could even be considered the same as the likes of the Endless Blue.

He decided not to dwell on such matters, and continued with the swift conversation, "My name is Ricciardo, have we met before?" pricking his lobes in the direction of the pretty vixen.

Faelene Posts: 297
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16 :: 9 Buff: NOVICE
Sica
F a e l e n e
this is they way I fall

The stallion was light in color, looking out of place to the white landscape. It looked like he should belong with earth, not ice. With bright eyes she continued to look upon him, every once and awhile letting her gaze drop to the snow beneath her silver hooves. It was quickly she reached him, wondering if he was a quiet sort, or merely more thoughtful of actions and words. Upon a closer inspection she had yet to discover the inner layer. What she saw on the outer caught her eyes. He had curly, long, blond tinted mane that complimented his bright coat. Perhaps he did not belong to earth, she had not seen it have such a shine. It did remind her of something... Feeling as if she was staring too long she bobbed her head quietly, briefly closing her eyes before meeting his. There was no smile on her face, but her ears were drawn to him, listening to the draw of his voice, the quiet laugh. Warm shores. It was sand she reminded him of. Yes, it would be nice for warmth. "If only," she responded, not gloomy but hopeful. It could not be winter forever, no matter how it could sometimes seem to be. Right now she would soak up what sun she could.

Happy to receive his name to put with his white splashed mark on his face, there was a wisp of a smile to her dark lips. "Not exactly. The herd was summoned, and I remember seeing you there...sorta. There were too many faces,names, and words passing around then." she said, feeling that if he was not here she probably would be more suspicious. Since he was, it seemed right he was with the ex-members of what had been the Edge. The question of him wondering if she was familiar, putting the shadow that could be her thoughts to rest. "Oh, I better tell you my name. I'm Faelene. Is the cold something new for you?" She asked, it seemed it could have easily been. "Where I'm from we have seen our fair share of winter, as the snows hated to melt away." She was trying to strike up a conversation, thinking it might have been the most normal one so far.