the Rift

hear. me. roar. [joining]

Bazilisk Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

.B.A.Z.I.L.I.S.K.
"Horses? Horses are little things. I may live to a hundred years, while their life-span ends much before me. I do not detest them, but I do not love them."

I chuckle drily at the bird-horse's hesitant response, and slip back a few feet, lowering a large part of my suspended black body. I think carefully over my answer, not wishing to give Leander false words. I need to eat meat, I would not dare to lie, just as my body needs the hunt. "Leander, I would not feed on your herd or, I grant you, any other equines, although I hope you understand it is only my way to continue to eat meat. I am a predator, and no matter what you or your leader may want, I would not think to become a grass-eater simply to please a horse." I do not hide my teeth as I speak. I am not embarassed to show my nature. Of course, the little bird-horse could try to drive me off for saying such a thing, but I wouldn't care that much. I will continue to hunt, find pleasure in the succulent meat of the deer, although I will miss the taste of horseflesh, not that I would say that.

I turn my head, toxic eyes watching the mare- it is a mare, right? I cannot tell with these horses- speak. "Bird-horse, I take offense at such a question, but your curiousity is a good one. I will not tell you all of it. Would you speak of your history to a stranger?" My voice becomes slurs more, laid with light hisses. While most horses' voices would become sharper when angry, my slurs more and more, until I am hissing and growling lightly and no more. "Simply, I cannot remain in my homeland, for a crime that is unexplainable here. It is a crime no horse, nor unicorn or pegasus, can understand, for it is one of the ways of the basilisks. Do not look at me with fearful eyes, for it is not a crime that will harm your herds or your own selves. And I will speak no more of it, no matter what questions you may pester me with." It's true, and I do not intend to speak any more of it. It would, I promise you, take a lot more than two puny bird-horses to shake out that secret from me. "Otherwise, I join a herd as, not sound vain, but who would not want a hold on my loyalties?" It was a good answer, I thought. It was completely true as well.

""

Messages In This Thread
hear. me. roar. [joining] - by Bazilisk - 11-04-2012, 02:24 PM
RE: hear. me. roar. [joining] - by Leander - 11-05-2012, 05:01 PM
RE: hear. me. roar. [joining] - by Avira - 11-05-2012, 07:56 PM
RE: hear. me. roar. [joining] - by Bazilisk - 11-05-2012, 09:11 PM
RE: hear. me. roar. [joining] - by Leander - 11-06-2012, 04:28 PM
RE: hear. me. roar. [joining] - by Avira - 11-06-2012, 06:04 PM
RE: hear. me. roar. [joining] - by Bazilisk - 11-06-2012, 06:37 PM
RE: hear. me. roar. [joining] - by Leander - 11-07-2012, 08:33 AM
RE: hear. me. roar. [joining] - by Brooke - 11-08-2012, 05:55 PM