the Rift

Wild Edge to the Quiet Side (Open!)

Hototo Posts: 96
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 17.2hh :: 3 years
Boom Boom!
HOTOTO</style>
   HE WHO IS BRAVE IS FREE.</style>

My mind was alread absorbing the shock that the bear at my feet was a deity, looking into dark eyes with a stunning realization. My ears were nearly closed to all going on around me, as I came to understand just how lucky I was to have such a playmate. I knew Bear was special, but previously had thought this was due to the fact that he was mother's companion. Mother deserved only the best, so it would be reasonable for her to hold such a creature near to her heart. I smile meekly at my friend, his round face looking up in mine with the fondest sincerity.

How different I was, having no friends aside from my relatives and this small, divine cub.

Well, that is what I thought until mother's words became like the crack of a whip. Eytan is not. I look up at her with confusion, my eyes open as I gaze into the deepest crimson I knew. Her face drew closer and I shut my eyes to welcome her delicate nudges. How much longer until I was old enough to reject her kind love? I thought then that day would never come. Surely, if there was anything in the world I held precious, it was my mother and dear aunt. Unlike the stallion who lived for the fight, I lived for the affection of these people. My purpose was yet unknown, but I was a simple foal and needed little else. To have earned the love of such a powerful mother, I was certainly doing well already. There was no need to trouble myself with greater thoughts.

You are. My eyes open again, a flush of red and green into the see of grey blue of my face. My pupils seek out the face of my mother as my features turn to disbelief instead. Mother would not lie to me. She would not lie. What does this say about me, then? Am I to believe that this pathetic body stems from the genes of the great, or do I call her out for a liar? I let my eyes fall to the ground, remaining silent as I stand with a bear cub at my hooves.

How very different I am.
""

Stock Providers: Horse, Wings, and Background.

Messages In This Thread
Wild Edge to the Quiet Side (Open!) - by Trojan - 11-07-2012, 12:25 AM
RE: Wild Edge to the Quiet Side (Open!) - by Trojan - 11-10-2012, 03:17 PM
RE: Wild Edge to the Quiet Side (Open!) - by Shatter - 11-10-2012, 11:54 PM
RE: Wild Edge to the Quiet Side (Open!) - by Trojan - 11-11-2012, 07:53 PM
RE: Wild Edge to the Quiet Side (Open!) - by ali - 11-11-2012, 10:11 PM
RE: Wild Edge to the Quiet Side (Open!) - by Tainted - 11-12-2012, 11:28 AM
RE: Wild Edge to the Quiet Side (Open!) - by Shatter - 11-12-2012, 12:09 PM
RE: Wild Edge to the Quiet Side (Open!) - by Trojan - 11-14-2012, 12:45 PM
RE: Wild Edge to the Quiet Side (Open!) - by ali - 11-14-2012, 01:08 PM
RE: Wild Edge to the Quiet Side (Open!) - by Trojan - 11-17-2012, 09:30 AM
RE: Wild Edge to the Quiet Side (Open!) - by Beauty - 11-18-2012, 09:27 PM