the Rift

fresh life {birthing}

Tillas Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

[Image: v75vt4.png]
WHY IN THE WORLD? WHY, BECAUSE SHE'S
...Tillas

Pain. Pain, pain, pain. I cannot succumb to the bitter red and pops of electric blue, to the static yellow. I groan, dropping to my knees, rolling onto satin flanks by this beautiful little world. It's cold, so terribly cold, snow attempting to pull me under. My vision is swimming, I can't breathe, everything's so terribly blurry and sharp. The skies are clear, blessing me in a strange way, for if it had been a snowstorm, I have no doubt the child trying to escape its womb would not be able to survive an hour, let alone the rest of Frostfall.

My breathing is laboured, the girl is trying to run out of me, for I'm certain it's a girl trying to escape, a little filly who is born of the spawn Abyss, the black devil. I want to scream, to pull away this veil of excruiating torture, yet I cannot manage to do anything but breathe. Breathe. I inhale, exhale, shallow breaths, but I have oxygen in my lungs nevertheless.

And...
it goes on...
and on...
and it stops...

Somehow I pull myself around. I was smart enough to clear most of the snow away, so my child would not freeze. My gray muzzle rubs the little thing's wet fur, pulls it closer to me. I know it should stand, drink my milk, but these are not normal birth circumstances. I fear if the little girl, my little Edana, stands, she may wander away and fall dead from cold. My words are soothing, soft, as I gaze in wonder at this little black creation, hornless and smooth and wet-curly-furred.

Edana. I wrap myself around her tiny form, lick her wet coat like a dog licks a pup, clean the mucus from her eyes and muzzle, wanting to keep her warm.

I do not want her to die.

Edana.

"Tillas' speaks"
"Edana speaks"

Abyss Posts: N/A
Unregistered

Abyss
"I must confess that I feel like a monster"

Childbirth, it was agonizing.

The stallion stepped into the grove, where he had traced Tillas after she had left him, telling him he would never see his daughter. She would try to harm him, perhaps, but he meant her no harm. His eyes landed upon the limp child on the ground...his daughter, her newborn scent reaching his nostrils.

"Let me help," he rumbled out, stepping nearer, but staying out of range of Tillas's horn, which she had held at his chest only too many times,"You are weak from the birthing, I can help. She needs to eat. I can keep her warm. Trust me with our child if you cannot trust me any other way. This is not my firstborn." His other children, all dead before his eyes. This was a chance to start anew. This, this youngling could be his second chance, and he will not allow her to die in the cold.

"Abyss speaks"

Tillas Posts: N/A
Unregistered

[Image: v75vt4.png]
WHY IN THE WORLD? WHY, BECAUSE SHE'S
...Tillas

I cannot believe my blue eyes when Abyss approaches, a black blight on the soft white. He's just as old and appealing as I remember, but I want to growl and snap at him, thrust my pearl horn through his broad chest. Yet I still like to hear his voice speak. I've never loved him exactly. Yes, I had felt betrayed when he was covering another mare, but stallions did that. Now, I only had annoyance for him. His job in helping me to create a strong filly was done. It was my job now, my time to teach my daughter. I cannot fence him away with my silver-of-moon horn, I cannot with my weak-from-birth body.

Instead, I stand wearily, exhaustion pulling at slender-white-limbs, blue-of-ocean eyes watching Abyss closely, warily. "I do not intend for my child to freeze, Abyss, and I will not drive you away and risk the death of Edana out of petty dislike." I allow him to come nearer, watching him closely and keeping one eye on the spindly-leg-black-filly at my feet. The girl is trying to rise, trying to gather her black limbs underneath her. Much to my annoyance, the first word out of her mouth is- "Abyss". Damn him! If he had been saying my name, on the other hand, more loudly, she surely would have repeated Tillas.

I narrow my blue-of-ice eyes, flick my silver tail, nudge the small body, helping Edana to her small feet. She does not bear a bump bespeaking of a horn on her head, so I assume she chased after Abyss' genes. Great. Lips suck on my teats, life-giving milk rushing into the skinny body.

"Tillas' speaks"
"Edana speaks"