the Rift

a .f r o s t e d. heart is filled with cracks [open]

Chester Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Chester
You are now invited to the other side of sanity

FrostHeart. The fabled ex-king. Why he has popped into the conversation confuses Chester, before the answer drifts to his mind. A simple misunderstanding of his riddle, the wrong answer leading her down a path he had not foreseen. He answers anyway, deciding that it may be amusing enough. “He fell down and broke his crown, and the cards came tumbling after.” The pony mulls over his own thoughts for a moment, then speaks again. “Does anyone know him, truly?”

Her error is shifting the conversation, however, and he offers a correction. “You think of the King, but I spoke of the Knight. I told you that you were lost.” There is no mockery in his tone though, just the statement of a fact. “A hint? He’s black and white and red all over.” Another face-cracking expression of glee appears as Valentine enters the equation physically. “And he happens to be here.”

His ‘friend’ speaks, and Chester rapidly responds. “Up to? How would one be up to anything? Gravity here is just as dull as time, and I doubt it will let anyone be up.” The heart-marked stallion comes closer, looming over the once-cat, but he remains unphased by the towering presence. “You did indeed tell me, but she has not, and answers are rarely the same. You see? Different, and changing, and altogether unpredictable. So, Knight, why is a raven like a writing desk?”

A few quick steps back carry him from the Knight, then the lunatic proceeds to caper about the much taller stallion, absolutely delighted by the turn of events. Bandersnatch, Knight of Hearts, and Cat, all here in this new world. Though his companions don’t know who they are. Mentally he frowns slightly, annoyed by their ignorance, but distraction is easy to find. This time, it is a scrubby bush that calls his thoughts away, fascination in its winter bareness. A skeleton, he thinks, all branches and no leaves. Cautiously he stretches out his neck, just barely prodding a twig with his nose before leaping back, filling the air with the laughter of a madman. “How marvelous.”

Messages In This Thread
RE: a .f r o s t e d. heart is filled with cracks [open] - by Chester - 12-01-2012, 09:34 AM