the Rift

Winter Wonderland

ShadowsEyes Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
I trudged heavily through the deep snow covering the forest. I feel my left wing dragging along behind, me getting heavier with every step. The snow crunched under my hooves and coated my bleeding wing, causing it to sting. With nothing in sight for miles but tree's and falling snowflakes I begin feeling lonely. I whinny loudly hoping someone nearby would hear me. My ears shift forward hoping for an answer, but receiving nothing in return, my hopes drop and I continue on.

I stop abruptly hearing branches cracking above me, causing a pile of snow to fall on top of me. I shake myself off being careful of my wing. I snort out at the cold air, attempting to push it away. I walk farther into the tree's attempting to make my black coat not stick out as much, but it doesn't change anything.

I rub my wounded wing in the soothing snow, healing it instantly. Feeling rejuvenated I run out into a nearby field away from all the trees. Quickening my pace into a gallop I push myself majestically off the ground. Happy to feel the winter winds around me again I soar around for over an hour before coming back down. I nicker loudly and happily hoping for a sign of life.