the Rift

Heal A Broken Soul || Avira

Abyss Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Abyss
"I must confess that I feel like a monster"

The stallion walked on. He was tired, his age starting to reach him. Even this morning, looking into the pool he had spotted gray hairs on the underside of his inky muzzle. He was aging. Perhaps it was time to stop wandering, find a herd where he could rest for his final days. But doing so went against the stallions heart. For the first time...in years he allowed himself to think on Leliah. For the first time, he thought about his beautiful mate and the way he had left her...the way he had not spoken to her as he should have before they died. The way he had not said I love you.

Her dead body, mutilated and torn, flashed before the elderly stallion's eyes. Had it been five years already that he had walked away from her corpse. The corpses on the plain that he had left behind were skeletons now, if not gone completely. Hundreds lay slain. Their blank eyes accused him now. Tears built in the ebony stallion's charcoal orbs. He had killed them. He had led them to ruin. It was he who had dug their graves and signed their fates. He was their executioner...and they had trusted him.

He was no more than a murderer. And a murderer he had become. The crunch of bones beneath hooves sounded in his ears, for he had snapped necks so easily. The spurt of warm blood, he could almost taste the copper in his mouth...hear the screams of mares as he murdered mates and then turned on them, ravaging them...leaving them with children to raise, fatherless youths.

He was a monster.

"Abyss speaks"

Avira Posts: N/A
Unregistered

A . v . i . r . A
pegasus | mare | 15.2hh | 8 years | unclaimed

The snow below had once slipped her upon landing but not this time. Avira circled heavenly above these fields. Steadily falling down in a globe motion. Feet tucked neatly under her torso. The two shaded browns upon her body catching a dark color upon the white. Avira began to extend her legs. Pumping them in a small canter speed, waiting to touch hard cold hoof against the packing snow.

A thud was all that sounded as she collided kindly to the ground. Carrying on in the bitter cold she cantered. Pulling in the smell of something close. A creature, stallion at that. She smiled. Letting out a warning sound of her approach, the sweet tone of a young cry. A neigh in sight of company. The Mustang then began to fold her wings in. Tucking them neatly against her browned hide. Hair flying with blue legs pumping evenly. A rhythm in which she lost the world at. Running free with no chains, her one dream that now always came true.

Avira was a mare for a family. She so longed for a child that she gracefully searched alone for a lover. Someone perfect to suit her. Yet no matter how easy that sounds, its terribly difficult to find someone just for you. As long as you search you will never fully understand love till you find its true form. Surely it couldn't be the black form she found now. Slowing her dreams and halting from a creamy canter. Avira warmly whinnied. "Why so down, great one?" flattering tones itching at the males large ego. His size easily swallowing her small form. She waited quietly, with a kind smile and patient electric blue eyes.

Unregistered

Abyss

He did not notice the mare falling from the sky until her feet touched the ground, and he paid her no mind until she called out to him. So lost was he in his memories that he almost had no interest, but then again...this was Abyss. He was firmly mired in the sins of the past, but this fae...she was beautiful. He had never encountered a winged one before, and had never seen a reason to distrust or dislike them. Indeed, the wings folded against her back were beautiful...as was the mare that possessed them.

She was smaller than he, though this was not unusual, though her build was not as slender as some he had encountered, not as wiry as the Arabians that seemed so common in these lands, but nor was she bulky. Brown against brown, the two tones subtly blending on her pelt, and highlighted by the blue that tipped her mane and her wings, matching the blue in her eyes. She held the sky in her eyes, it seemed. Beautiful.

"I'm afraid I am no longer great, mare," the stallion sighed, his deep voice reduced to mere wistful murmurings. The past should have remained so, for it marred and mucked up his future every time he dwelt on it. How many mares had he encountered and taught to fear and to distrust now? He had lost count. Even since entering this new land...more and more mares...everyday. He gave this one a once over, again, finding his voice he added, "Perhaps once I could have been called great, but no longer. I am afraid that to be great, one has to do good, and I have done little but wicked." Tearing himself from the past, he shoved Leliah to the back of his mind, forcing the dead corpses from his brain.

"But why speak of the past, I forget myself. I am Abyss, beautiful, and you are?"

"Abyss speaks"

Unregistered

A . v . i . r . A

It was like a kick in the face. Abyss found himself no longer great. To her, no matter who you are, there is something great. Avira, well she'll find that great and prove it so. Her brown lips parted and spoke in a snapped tone, "We are all great, no matter what we've done, there is always something great within us." even the truly wicked had a sense within them, deep down and buried with clay. The black beast before her seemed not of the sorts to be a truly wicked stallion but then again here came his confession.

"You will find within that wicked, somewhere, you have done good. Great." those of her old home, the wicked and cruel words and hashings they brought upon her; only made her stronger. In the strengthening of someone you've done some good. And to those whom are mistreated at the young stage, remember that for life. They are no longer naive to the horrible things of the world and avoid such doings if they gathered the smarts. The terror they endured from their past brought them to the intelligence of their future. Not all bad was purely bad. "The past, is well, the past. It will haunt you no matter what you try to swallow with your future. It is only the easiest to try and not engulf yourself in the emotions of your history." a face full of sympathetic sorry filled her.

Not only was she curious as to Abyss' curious state of mind, his sadness, she was curious about whom he was and how he'd done wrong. Though she was not one to poke and pry. Abyss... I'm Avira, though some call me Avi to shorten the shortness." a cute giggle rolling from her throat. The statement may not have been completely funny but she found amusement in the down environment. The short mare began to shiver in the cold as it swarmed her. Avira tried to keep her teeth from chattering but every now and then she tended to fail. "Abyss, I know this has only been that of a short meeting, but my feathers have failed to keep my body at a state of warmth. Would you mind sharing yours?" chattering teeth clunk together as she began to move towards him. She really hoped he wouldn't mind but right now she felt as a foal in need of shelter. His enormous body would provide such. Avira aimed to saddle up next to him and bury her torso into his.

Something in her gut said it was wrong, that doing such was a mindset of flirting. Though in life or death situations her capacity of knowing such was dimmed by instinct. Yes she was still perfectly capable of handling the cold, though with the thought of someone else being there for her warmed her soul. Started a fire inside that burned with hope. One her short blue legs had carried her to her destination she began to lean. Hoping his form was like that of a brick wall, sturdy and trustworthy. "Even though we have just met, Abyss, I would like you to know I'm here to listen to whatever it is that bothers you. I will offer that of my best advice. I'm a darn good listener and many tend to drown in my happiness." playfully nudging her muzzle, aiming for his thick neck.

Unregistered

Abyss

So she thought that all had greatness, admirable of her. He had long since given up trying to see the good and finding only the wicked. After all, those that had fallen on his herd like rabid dogs had no goodness, only diseased minds determined to kill and take and ruin. He blinked closed his great charcoal orbs for a moment, the past...why did it haunt so on this night? Had the years taken their toll, made him weak and soft as they did often times in the elderly stages of life? Was it time to lay down his selfish ways? Could he? Her words were wise, he took a deep breath, and let the demons plague some other, less prominent part of his brain. It would not haunt this day.

"Avi, it is then," the stallion smiled. Though bitterness lurked, the mare had successfully driven away the worst of his melancholy mood. She was cheery where he was gloom and even though he was not often a conversationalist, he found himself receptive to her melodic tones and philosophical insights. The elderly stallion would have called himself charmed, had it been possible for a beast such as he to be charmed so quickly.

Her light giggle drew a more genuine smile. He had not been around one so prone to laughter in some time. They were either fearful or blatantly seductive, and she was neither, offering him no hints to interest until--ah, but what was this?

"I have warmth enough for the both of us, darling Avi, do not fret. Snuggle in," the black offered as the mare pressed against his side, her thinner pelt pressed against his dark and shaggy winter one. In the summer, he would be glad to be free of the shaggy coat, but now he was pleased with it. That, and his bulk, kept him warmer when others would freeze. Pressed against his shoulder as she was, the smaller mare would be kept warm.

The next words that she spoke rung true and genuine as well as kind. The gentle nudge at his neck, though merely playful was arousing, and the stallion found his interest in the mare growing. Perhaps he would divulge his past to the mare, tell her what clouded his mind on this dreary day.

"Thinking is what is really the matter, I must admit. I've been dwelling again on things I can hardly change. It is a long, sad story, my story, would you still like to hear it Avi?"

"Abyss speaks"

Unregistered

A . v . i . r . A

Avira, like he, had scars from the past. His though must have been so great that it haunted him worse than it haunted her. Abyss' warm body felt like a fire against her, it felt so good just to feel warmth once again. "Abyss, dear, I will listen to whatever it is that haunts you so dearly. Please, tell your story." her curious ears facing forward towards his face. The dark features she dearly felt something for.

It wasn't that she was infatuated with him already but she could feel something growing, something growing for the old man. Maybe it was just the touch of another after so long, or it could be the spark of something long and great. Something beyond to the near future. Something she deeply longed for. Though this feelings clouded her mind at the moment she kept from sending mixed emotions to signal his removal of presence. Avira fought hard against her swelling thoughts. Caught in the moment she pressed her wing snuggly against him. Letting the other wing loosely fall to the ground and block some of the wind against her short stocky legs.

The mare did not find herself someone of beauty but she knew her intruging markings were something of high regards or those from her long ago home, well they would not have deemed her unworthy. They would not have pushed her from their grasp of love. They would have treated her equal.

|ooc- this is getting cute... hehe!|

Unregistered

Abyss

The warmth of the mare snuggled against his side sent arousal surging through his body. He dropped his great muzzle a bit, so he could whisper the story into her ear as she asked for him to tell it. She was beautiful, her markings, her wings, everything about her was beautiful. He felt desire, and as she asked for his story, he felt something else...was this companionship? A friendship blossoming? Could he spend time with this mare without expectations? Without breaking her trust? He found himself not wanting to harm this sweet mare. Perhaps he was vulnerable to the kindness of another today.

"I used to be great," he repeated, echoing his words previously, "A king among kings. I was young when I took my throne. My father died when I was young as did my mother. I met my queen slightly before I became king. She was beautiful." He paused a moment, cleared his throat, and continued.

"We reigned for many years, and had six children in total. Three sons, three daughters. They were beautiful." He sighed. His story, he often kept short. Just what was needed, no elaboration. It was dark enough without.

"One day, my youngest son did not come home. I later found him, stone dead, cut down in his youth as an act of war. My blood and my family screamed for revenge. My mate, gentle soul that she was, urged me to war. And so we went. Great warriors, my family and my herd was and in time we had claimed the lands of those that killed my son for our own. That was to be the end of it." Abyss sighed again, the past clouding his head.

"And so began my fall from greatness. I lusted for the land of neighboring tribes, sent my small elite forces to take them over, and if they failed, declared an outright war. Soon, my herd controlled all the lands surrounding us, but at a terrible cost. My beautiful Queen turned from me in a fit of anger, her righteousness could not justify the senseless killing and violence." The great black stallion felt a tear streak from his eye down his dark muzzle.

"Revenge is a powerful emotion. It can drive a herd to war in the name of one death, and it can draw together those that you have taken everything from. In time, those that I had drive from their lands rose to fight me, a stronger force than any I had encountered. They massacred my herd, I am the only survivor. My Queen I were captured, forced to look upon the bodies of our dead, of my children. And then, then they killed her." The stallion heaved a great sigh, to keep from breaking down right then. The wounds on his soul were old, but they twinged even so.

"I killed my guards and fled. For years I have wandered...for years I have sought to ease my broken heart on the backs of the mares I encounter. I will not lie to you Avi, my history and much of my present is stained with blood and lust." And now the question remained, would she stay beside him now that she knew the truth.

"Abyss speaks"

Unregistered

A . v . i . r . A

When words began to flow from his mouth to her ear, she listened. Keenly. Her electric eyes never wandering from the vision in her mind as his story unfolded in graphics. Bits and pieces of guessings held captive in her imagination.

So he did have a love. DID. Power could truly tear one apart and control them with all they have. Abyss, a perfect example. With his story still ringing about in her ears she paused and let everthing sink in. By the time silence had accompanied them both for a few moments she looked up to him. "Power can truly tear us all apart but second chances are alwasy a given. Abyss, you had to witness everything you held dear vanish and for that I give you my respect. That takes a truly strong person to refrain from durastic measures such as suicide and insanity," she paused "you have been given wisdom from this. Giving you the chance to understand and to learn. You call what you once were, Great, I call what you can become again, Great." a smile warming her lips.

"Abyss, lust can not fill an aching heart. That takes time and love. Love you must find again. Do not fret, they say there is only one true being out there for us, but they are wrong. There are a few. We do not only fall in love once. It happens many times and only once is it permanent. Forever. Your queens, was not permanent. Or she would still be with you my dear." sympathy crawling from her eyes to his. Avira reached out her muzzle and intended to rub her velvet across his face. Wiping the cold wet tear from the surface.