the Rift

I shell wait for you Gryffindor. (Gryffindor)

Tribute Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Tribute trotted out from behind the trees,turning him invisible against the snow. A frozen river lay before him. He halted before it wondering how to break the ice to drink. He picked up his hoof,gingerly placing it on the ice. The coldness hit him like a bullet. He retrieved his hoof as quickly as he could. Then,reluctantly,started stamping on the ice, breaking a hole. He lowered his head a drank,before turning round and looking up.

Tribute had already met two new horses,now he was looking for one in particular. Gryffindor. He had know the stallion ever since he was a foal. He had grown up with him. The Pegasus would play with him in summer,and kept him warm in the winter by wrapping his huge wings round him. He remembered the last time he had played with him. They galloped around in the trees,dodging,leaping,fighting and nipping each other joyfully. He also remembered when he left. Tribute was curled up under the trees,snow settling around him. He was freezing. Gryffindor had come,wrapped his wings round him and said "Bye." and then he had galloped away into the distance.

He hadn't seen the stallion since he was 3. Now,aged 5,he was determined to find him again. He had heard he was somewhere near the Threshold and so he had left the home he grew up in to find him. Tribute knew he would never find him in summer,but in winter,a black horse stuck out against the bleak whiteness of the snow. He neighed,hoping for a response.

Gryffindor Posts: N/A
Unregistered

Gryffindor, hoping not to be seen by anyone, steped out into the cold, deep snow, then suddenly,saw something move, then it neighed, it was hard to see with all the snow falling heavily around him, he blinked a few times to clear his view, then to his disbelief, he made out a stunning pure white stallion, that blended in so well with the pure white snow, he was about his age with a big green swirl going up his hind leg... pure white coat...his age...green swirl...this all seemed too similar...

Suddenly realising who is was, he froze, like a statue, this was just no ordinary stallion that he knew from around, this was Tribute. He remembered when they used to play together around the meadows, both together, happy. Then everything changed, he was 3 when it happened, it was winter, we had planned to go out into the snowy fields to play. My mum had just come to me before i had left and told me that we were moving, to find a better home, i was alright with that, as long as i still got to see Tribute, then my mum told me that we were moving to the other side of the country. Then it hit me, i would never see him again... I slowly walked through the deep snow, thinking about how i was going to tell him, i was crying so hard, but at that moment i realised that i had to be strong for him and me.I found Tribute underneath the trees,waiting for me i went and put my wings around him, but then i couldn't bear looking into his eyes and i knew i wouldn't be able to handle saying a long goodbye and him knowing he will never see me again. So I just got up and said... "Bye"
and before he could say anything i galloped away longing to turn around and him one last time.

So here we were, where we had left off, and i had alot of explaining to do, if Tribute even wants to listen to me.

He neighed back, hoping,longing, that he will forgive him for what he did on that one evening in winter..

Unregistered

Tribute had not noticed the sleek,coal back horse until this point. When he had neighed he had reared and spun slightly,it was then,his eyes had laid upon the Pegasus. He froze,as did the Pegasus. Could it really be? He felt his body quiver all over. He found he couldn't move his legs,or speck. He was frozen.

The Pegasus neighed and he felt his body spring to life. He bucked,his back legs lifting higher then he thought they could,as he sprang forward,the snow seemed to come to life as he galloped towards the black figure. As he was galloping he thought about what he was going to say. He didn't have a clue on what to say at all. But it was all to late. He was facing Gryffindor.

He stopped dead,his body still quivering. "Gryffindor?" He paused,looking into the stallions eyes. "You left. I was alone. I haven't played with another since that summer!" He reared,his eyes full of fury. Gryffindor didn't seem to do anything but look at his with sorry eyes. Tribute rethought what he was doing and quickly turned to the side,stopping himself from landing on Gryffindor. He stood there breathing heavily,white smoke pouring out of his nose. He closed his eyes and braced himself before looking back at Gryffindor. "Where did you go? Why did you go? I waited. For so so long." Tribute waited. Waited like he had for Gryffindor to come back home.

Unregistered

Gryffindor didn't know what do to, or what to say,he shuffled around to find the words to say, "I...I'm sorry, my...my family was moving away...and...and i couldn't bear to tell you... not when i knew i would never see you again " He only just managed to get those words out, stumbling on his words. He never ment to hurt anyone. He watched as Tribute stared into his eyes, he wanted so badly to have it how they used to be. He looked down at the snow, trying to be strong, be he knew, this time, he was wrong, this time, he had done something he shouldn't have done.

Tribute waited for more of an explanation, but he didn't get one. Gryffindor thought deeply about what he could say to make things better, he felt as if all the happiness from years ago had been drained out of him, he felt, he felt sad. Gryffindor just simply looked into Tributes longing eyes and said in a quiet voice "I'm so sorry" and turned away.

Unregistered

Tribute listened,as full as fury as he was joy. He remembered Gryffindors mother as clear as the sky. She was good friends with his own mother. She was black with silver vines climbing up her back leg with a flowing mane and tail. Sometimes she would join in the games they played.unless she was in one of her moods. Thinking of her moods make Tribute laugh. He remembered once he had walked up to her when she was in one,asked to play a game,only to be greeted by the grumpiest face a mare could pull. He laughed slightly to himself,then turned his attention to Gryffindor.

As Gryffindor turned away Tribute felt a sting of pain run though his head. Should he really be harsh on the stallion he once called his brother? He nickered quietly,lowering his head. He took a step forward towards him and touched him with his horn. He felt a warm surge though his back as Gryffindor lifted his head slightly to look at Tribute. He stood tall,towering over Gryffindors,now,meek,small body. Tribute had not expected himself to feel the way he did. He thought he would be over joyed and,in a way,he was. But there was a part of him then felt like kicking the stallion to the ground. "We were going to rule together. That was our dream." He felt another sting of pain run though him,thinking back at there dreams made it sting more. "We were going to roam free. Forever,as you would say."

As colts,they had always dreamed. Tribute remembered,the summer before Gryffindor had left,they were lying down on thick,lush grass,dreaming of the future. They had decided not to belong to a herd,but to belong to themselves and each other. They were going to gallop free,to anywhere they wanted and not have a care in the world. They would be outcasts,brave,beautiful,maybe even feared,outcasts. Would he still want to go on with the dream? He knew he did.

Gryffindor lowered his head a little more. "You leaving has only put our dreams on hold." He jabbed Gryffindor with his horn. It was hard,but not hard enough to do any damage. .Gryffindor flicked his head up at the jab,Tribute looked into his eyes. "I forgive you Gryffindor,brother." He laid his head over Gryffindors neck,lifting up a leg to his chest,a tear trickled down his face.

Unregistered

Gryffindor was shocked that tribute forgave him quickly, he thought he might have to explain more, but thats what best friends do.

Gryffindor was glad they were alright once more and that they could move on.

"I'm sorry for what i have done, but our dreams can live on, we still can rule together, it was just a stupid mistake i made that tore us apart and we can follow them together now" He was full of happiness he felt like the whole world around him was jumping for joy, but he knew they couldn't play around like they did as children now, because they had grown up 2 years. But obviously, that didn't stop them...

Gryffindor finally pulled away and kicked a bit for snow up in the air, and when it came back down, tribute kicked it, in flew into Gryffindors face... "Game on!" he shouted.

The next thing they knew they were messing around in the snow, jumping, rearing and neighing for joy. This was the most fun Gryffindor had had in a while, as all he did at home was graze and occasionally chat to the other pegasus' his age. He was all ways bored at home, so last week he dicided to come down here, for a visit, hoping not to bump into anyone along the way. But, thankfully, he did.

Unregistered
It is good to play again. Tribute was bursting for joy inside and he just had to let it all out. He threw up his back legs, his ears pricked,as Gryffindor dodged his kick. He let out a shrill neigh of pure joy as they both frolicked about together. Hoofs kicked,teeth nipped,voice boxes were straining as they let out more and more neighs together. Any other horse roaming about would have thought they were mad,playing so intently at the age they were.

As they both Calmed down there neighs turned to helpless laughter. Gryffindor lay down in the snow,as did tribute. They laughed,they couldn't help it. They remembered. They remembered all there old jokes and fun. Memory's came flooding back to him and,as they did,the fact that he had found Gryffindor,his long lost brother,was still sinking in. He didn't believe his luck. He kept telling himself It can't be true. My luck is totally unreal.

Soon enough both horses were chatting like they had never been parted. Tribute stood up,shaking the snow of his body. He blended so well with the snow t was almost impossible to see him. The green strikes in his mane and tail was covered by the white hairs. His green swirls were faded so they were white,as they did in winter to make himself invisible. "So now Gryffindor,I shell go. And you,if you so choose to,will follow." He winked at Gryffindor,and with that,cantered of into the woods. His neck was arches as he effortlessly glided along the snow.not making a sound.

(OOC:Lost my code ehe)