Xanthos Posts: 99
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 9 Buff: NOVICE
Azel :: King Cheetah :: Quantum Leap Adoptable
[Image: xanthosprofilepic.png]

Xanthos
I will live for you
before I die

It was an impossibly clear night. The rays of the moon cast a soft light across the lands of Helovia, and within the Threshold, such light was necessary to see where one was going. Save for the distant calling of owls, it was quiet here. The night held an eerie beauty to it, like something out of an old fairytale from your childhood.

As he walked, the soft layer of snow crunched beneath his hooves, giving way to the hard, barren ground beneath him. Cold winter air gripped at him like deathly fingers, threatening to take him away if he allowed it. But he was strong enough to withstand it the unforgiving season, and exhaling sharply, the grullo carried on, his tail dragging ever so slightly behind him. Despite the bitter cold that had consumed the Threshold, it was nothing in comparison to the stallion's new home in Frostbreath. There, it was cold every single day, at every hour, and at every minute and thankfully, he had grown accustom to it quickly. As the kind words were, food was also sparse there, and Xanthos was increasingly surprised that an entire herd was able to survive there. The herd was composed entirely of unicorns, most of which seemed bent exterminating those who were not graced with a horn atop their head. Xanthos couldn't understand why they loathed other equines so much, but he had not dared to speak his true thoughts amongst anyone there.

So lost in his thoughts was he that when he suddenly caught glimpse of another being, he stopped in his tracks, momentarily fearing just what it might be. Upon quick inspection, though, he was surprised to see a filly blessed with wings upon her back. She couldn't have been more than a year old, if even that, and instantly the stallion felt his heart warm at the sight of her. Only a fool would think she was fine, when it was so obvious that this young pegasus was freezing in the harsh winter wind.

Inhaling a soft breath, Xanthos approached her, careful to present himself as anything but a threat. The last thing he wanted to do was to scare her away. "Excuse me," he spoke up once he had moved closer, coming to a stop only yards away from her. Now, he could see clearly just how much the cold was affecting her. He almost found himself inquiring as to the whereabouts of her parents, but at this very moment, it seemed trivial. "Will you allow me to help you?" Came his calm, affable voice, "What is your name?"

Messages In This Thread
Spinning webs - by Waldeinsamkeit - 11-11-2012, 09:29 AM
RE: Spinning webs - by Xanthos - 11-11-2012, 12:17 PM
RE: Spinning webs - by Chester - 11-12-2012, 12:59 AM
RE: Spinning webs - by Xanthos - 11-12-2012, 07:20 PM
RE: Spinning webs - by Chester - 11-12-2012, 11:12 PM
RE: Spinning webs - by Xanthos - 11-16-2012, 12:33 PM