the Rift

she walks in beauty, open.

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds

THOR

Don't want to let you down, But I am hell bound..

My heart beat with the slow throb of loss, a loss for what, I wasn’t sure, but it was loss all the same. Each stride brought an empty reminder of where I was going but had not yet been and I was helpless to the carnage of such an emotion and yet, I was once again wholly entranced by the serenity of the Threshold. It seemed that here, new beginnings were made and while I had already been gifted with such a blessing, I found that comfort was inevitable here. Every creature in Helovia found purpose within these lands and I thought that if such revolutions existed from such a place, perhaps I would be able to find refuge here as well, even though I had already been given a name for myself. However, names were never enough. I had been so focused on what I had wanted to become that I had gotten lost in the process of actually working to achieve my entitlements. At one time, I had wanted to throw myself into the throngs of warriors that stripped the lands of vulnerability and yet, I had no real desire for the taste of iron blood upon my tongue.

Healing was my forte, even if I had yet to pursue the thought. At times I felt weak because I had chosen not to offer my body and soul to The World’s Edge in the event of siege, but I knew that I would bear my heart and soul for those wounded and in need of my remedies. As I entered the Threshold once more, I couldn’t help but think of Adura, the fragile mare who had been so intent on death when I had come upon her in these very grounds. She was like a fallen angel, precious and yet so damaged that Hell would have given anything to rip the wings from her very back. The image brought a small shiver to my skin that had radiated from within and not so much from the cold. It had been such a rough winter that I dreaded the heat of the approaching summer, so fierce upon my back. I shuffled the scant appendages upon my spine, only nearly aware of their lack of stability in the aiding of my warmth. How I longed for the fullest of feathers to sprawl heftily along my back and flanks. They would forever mark my deficiencies, despite my constant attempts to ignore them.

The cool air borne fiery crystals from the misted veil of my breath and it was almost magical to watch them float and swirl once more to the ground where all things died. Such beauty would always be lost to the hardened seat of the devil’s roof and with this, I moved above him, cursing him in vain for all things that I did not know. However, my raving was soon ceased in favor for the delights of company that was not entirely unwanted. There were three, as all lucky combinations came, but I was still weary, seeing as I was clearly the “odd man out”, quietly literally. Each in turn were beautifully sketched in such varying manors that I was unsure what to think of the queer trio. The first was painted in a lavender tint that was all too pleasing to the eye and I was helpless to look away due to the strange coloring, as I had never seen such a brightly hued creature, Avira aside. The second was painted like Torasin, the World Edge Sun Advocate. However, unlike my newly acquired confidant, this mare was speckled in twilight, the moon’s face filling in the blanks where old galaxies ended and new ones began.

The last of the trio was frosted in ice, amiable to the elements that blended her so perfectly into their frigid arms. I am not unknowingly throwing myself into the gauntlet, but I offer words of warm graces, not of cool arrogance as many before me. Such a defining factor it is sometimes, between the good and the bad, the light and dark, and perhaps I would be seen as such; light and ultimately ignorant, but there are more dark secrets that lurk behind such benevolent eyes should one so desire to acquaint themselves. “And where are we going?” I offer with a chuckle, obviously bemused by the current conversation before recognizing another mahogany beast lurking in the shadows. He is silent and utterly affixed in our presence and I do not shy away at his advance. Instead, I nod as graciously as one could in such an event. I find that all males come here in purpose of finding new interests and I do not deny the same, but I do not wish to indulge in the banter of power hungry moguls and should such occur, I would merely take leave. At times we must take up arms, but in others, we must lay our pride to rest.

[W/C: 827]
[Ooc: I'm sorry Lynx, I started writing this before you posted so I hope you don't mind how I wrote him in. X.x]

Messages In This Thread
she walks in beauty, open. - by Yseulte - 11-11-2012, 05:38 PM
RE: she walks in beauty, open. - by Shatter - 11-11-2012, 08:22 PM
RE: she walks in beauty, open. - by Yseulte - 11-11-2012, 09:17 PM
RE: she walks in beauty, open. - by Shatter - 11-11-2012, 10:57 PM
RE: she walks in beauty, open. - by Lynx - 11-12-2012, 01:40 AM
RE: she walks in beauty, open. - by Thor - 11-12-2012, 02:15 AM
RE: she walks in beauty, open. - by Yseulte - 11-13-2012, 03:22 AM
RE: she walks in beauty, open. - by Leander - 11-13-2012, 12:06 PM
RE: she walks in beauty, open. - by Shatter - 11-13-2012, 05:02 PM
RE: she walks in beauty, open. - by Lynx - 11-15-2012, 10:29 PM
RE: she walks in beauty, open. - by Thor - 11-17-2012, 12:25 AM