the Rift

she walks in beauty, open.

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds

I was not ready to embrace yet another guest to the party and my skin bristled at the appearance of Leander, as he called himself. My gaze had hardened at the thought of losing Ysuelte to the Throat, as selfish as my actions were. I had felt quite comfortable in the presence of Lynx, whom had been introduced by the pale titan, which confused me slightly. However, I hadn’t the heart to inquire why. From the looks of it, Lynx suffered from an ailment of the appearance as well as I, but we all must deal with the hand we are given and I was sure that he felt the same. The two stallions were entirely separate entities and yet Leander acted as if they were one. Part of me wanted to figure out why, while the other, just really didn’t care.

After such a notion, my irritation was only encroached upon by the ivory mare, who had mistaken my identity for one of the Throat advocates. I was in no position to correct her and simply let the mistake stand as it were; I had no offer for such an ignorant animal should she blindly ignore my introductions. How this day was suddenly becoming so… irritating, for lack of a better term. “Leander, I assume all is well in the Throat?” This was said dryly due to my current state of annoyance, though I tried to save the courtesy by allowing him a curious glance, if not semi-sentimental.

At this, I turn again to assess my crew, which has decreased by one and while I question her departure, I say nothing to convince her to stay. I had yet to learn of even a name by which to call upon her and so I gaze at her midnight figure until she becomes lost among the trees in the fading light. Once again I return to conversation, dreading the drawn out process of waiting for exchange and reply. But once silence had fallen and I had gained the stage, I jumped on the opportunity to appeal to the Lavender mare. “I come from the World’s Edge, as aforementioned if you would like to visit sometime in the near future, or if I should be so bold, I could offer you shelter for the night.

I did not say more and did not expect much, but as the light began to fade, I was faced with the option to remain with the small band of creatures or return to the Edge for the night as my eyes had grown weary. I felt that each homeland displayed different meaning and different heart for reasons that could not be expressed in a few lines and words that were shared with passionate honor. Should she wish to accompany me, I would be delighted and if not, I would simply wander the long road home alone.

[OOC: Sorry, I wanted to get this up before work this weekend. <3]

Messages In This Thread
she walks in beauty, open. - by Yseulte - 11-11-2012, 05:38 PM
RE: she walks in beauty, open. - by Shatter - 11-11-2012, 08:22 PM
RE: she walks in beauty, open. - by Yseulte - 11-11-2012, 09:17 PM
RE: she walks in beauty, open. - by Shatter - 11-11-2012, 10:57 PM
RE: she walks in beauty, open. - by Lynx - 11-12-2012, 01:40 AM
RE: she walks in beauty, open. - by Thor - 11-12-2012, 02:15 AM
RE: she walks in beauty, open. - by Yseulte - 11-13-2012, 03:22 AM
RE: she walks in beauty, open. - by Leander - 11-13-2012, 12:06 PM
RE: she walks in beauty, open. - by Shatter - 11-13-2012, 05:02 PM
RE: she walks in beauty, open. - by Lynx - 11-15-2012, 10:29 PM