the Rift

Not So Vast || Midas/Open

Ray Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Not one, but two pairs of wings. Black on white and red. Midas had flown with the fae from the threshold. The desert's orange sand was able to be seen from afar. How long had they been flying? The breeze had kept her comfortable and with no sweat. Ray wondered if Midas was as comfortable. The multi-colored stallion she had just met brought her to his land. She looked down. Orbs gazing the land. No doubt about it, this was a large place. The oasis the stallion had mentioned was almost under them. Large white wings made only a slight shadow on the bright sand. They weren't that high, but moderately.

A slight beam over her maw. She looked at him. Was this her new home? She looked back down. Her cranium was held in an arch tilted down slightly. Her wings slightly wet from the cold snow. The days were slightly shorter. This day was coming to an end. The sun said it's good nights with the magical shades of pink and purple that ever so slightly covered the sky. The moon's white canvas starting to appear. Just a dot in the night could encase so many different shades of gray. She didn't want to land. The feeling of flying was like a rush of power that surged through your body then leaves the most adored feeling and the wind playing with your fur and mane/tail.

"Midas! Is that it?" A slight joy fled through her body. A lush oasis completely under them and now very easy to see. She looked at him and tilted one ear forward and one back. She waited like a dog being told to stay even though a giant bone was infront of it's maw. Patience on the outside yet anxiety on the inside.
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
It didn’t take much effort for his company to get airborne; clumpy snowflakes scattered across the distance between them in wake of her heavy wings stirring up frost. After blinking a few times and humorlessly retracting steps in aversion of getting mouthfuls of wet, he turned a rich smile up to her, "Well, Midas..."

Floppy grin widened as if he was youthful again—it seemed Ray was game for flying home. The wind from her downbeat pushed against his frame, gold tipped appendages spread to fully outward extent. Pectoral muscles flexed to draw them at a bent angle; "Whenever you are ready, let’s go." Excitement directed his next set of actions.

Half rearing he turned body southward and leaped into a brisk canter, golden daggers struck savagely against earth; one stout beat later and he was moving upward from solid ground. Limbs kicked forcefully against naked air, trying in vain to pull hefty bulk even higher.

He didn’t have to struggle for long, a cool wind caught below primary feathers and down, assisting only a little. The general couldn’t help but bemuse, “this was why I so love the warm winds of the throat.” Neck stretched, and gaze trailed ahead to some distant paradise now that they were flying strong. Midas took the lead, taking them into what updrafts were available.

It felt weird, to fly beside another, simply for the sake of. Usually, he was leading non avian equines to the comfort of home and beyond. Needless to say it was nice, soaring close to the heavy beat of a trusting woman. What more could this lad ask for?

Many long moments passed with nothing but his thankfulness of whistling wind and comfortable silence. Then, as if to spoil his moment of happiness, she popped into his mind; that same ebony face. So wild. So beautiful. It tore into his heart, and raped spirit of breath. Midas had just returned from a visit, and already, he missed her.

Mind obviously appeared to be occupied, he moved like the act of flying inland was on a back burner. Perhaps, if he had been paying more attention Midas might have noticed when landscape changed beneath them. He would have seen the exact moment trees and dead grass gave way to sandy terrain and rock.

Overhead it appeared that below a mocha color seemed to stretch out for endless miles. Their sun gave its last breath of twilight, and a dark sky appeared. Stars started to emerge, each cold diamond a twinkling jewel. He was late—Cera would be cold and displeased. Relief was on their horizon, just ahead lay the emerald of his heart; a slice of heaven that flourished even in the middle of a harsh Frostfall.

Tropical trees wafted familiar scents of home toward them; quickening beats lulled his wings to hurry both of them home, "Midas! Is that it?" a voice came over the rushing gale. Oh right…he wasn’t alone. Loudly to be heard above the whisk he responded with skull slightly leaned to her, “Yes it is! Welcome home, Ray.”

Smoky breath heaved out, Time to land. Leveling, he took them up and over the first set of trees, their shadows folded over a crystal clear lake. Muddy banks came rushing up; a widened field of mossy grass lay behind. Forelegs took liberty to extend at a bent angle, distinctly wishing to absorb the shock of impact. After a moment he touched down, feathered limbs neatly folded directly after.

OCC: Sorry hun, I meant to respond to your other thread. <'3 I hope I didn't ramble to much.
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Unregistered
The mare noticed Midas' expression change slightly. He seemed distracted by something. What something? She let it slip her mind though. She over a lake. Was that the oasis? A moss ridden field came up, banks shortly after it. Welcome home.. It didn't feel like home to the mare. It felt like her history being relived. Her orbs shut for a moment. A pain stung her chest. She dipped down, and now she was marginally lower than the stallion. He landed easily and gracefully. She kept flying just slightly farther. Orbs reopened, but with slight sadness.

The mud was to close. She had to land. Easily, she slowly lowered herself and landed on her front hooves. Her back hooves touched the ground rapidly after. White wings extended. Midas was slightly farther behind her. She turned to his direction. Her obs seemed dejected. Her head was low. She had followed a stallion to, yet, another desert. Midas looked very close to the other herd's lead. She made no eye contact with him. She traced the lines and contours on his body.

She didn't see any other horses. Are they all spread out? She was eager to meet them. Were they winged? Did they have horns? Slight distrust crossed her features when she thought of them. Was was she thinking of all the bad things? Were there ANY good things? Except for her having shelter? She hoped, prayed, and wished the herd would be accepting. If they weren't who knows what her actions would be?

Tragedies, memories, history. Dull, boring, grey. Dead. The multiple incidents in her heard were pointless and the only thing happening. The stallion killed a few, lots of cursing, running away. Would it be like that in this replica desert or would this be her reliving her past in a happy manor?
Ascended Helovian

Deceased
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
The cruel heart of winter had destroyed much of his home; it was colder now than any previous year before. With their sun god banished, the weak light provided during daylight hours seemed meek and without heat. Much of the areas local tropical plants required warmth and light, they simply couldn’t tolerate this forsaken cold; many drooped or seemed dead because of this. Gaze turned to regard what he hoped would be thankful company. Instead, he was met with frowns and a look that matched discomfort to the max.

Curious about his new sister’s reaction, Midas did what any gentleman would do; he walked up to her and asked gently, “Why wear such a frown my friend?” He couldn’t have known that her old herd was a curse and that his land mirrored that in certain aspects. Dragons throat was far from dead, even in winter it thrived. He could feel it in each granule of sand, the live plants and animals had only gone dormant; they would return with the welcoming embrace of spring.

Unregistered
Marginally cooler than her old home. Yet something seemed, off. Stallion inching closer. With such a depressing history, she couldn't explain how she had felt. Midas would most likely not understand. Had he been through any bad history? White wings had still been just very slightly open. Ears slanted forward as he got closer. Still, would he always look like her old stallion? He was younger, and more vibrant.

Like a light, actions changed, she looked into his eyes. Yellow orbs looking back. Color is often the first way to hint at a character's true nature. In particular, animals who have gold and yellow-colored eyes tend to have some form of supernatural origin or powers that place them above normal animals. What drew her to this horse? "Nothing." A lighter tone. More 'normal' now.

Broken soul? No. She was as pure as a red rose is red. She shut her wings completely. She wouldn't leave. Not when she just got here. Pride. She felt pride in herself. She would stay. Not leave. Stay. Urges to open her wings and flutter off where great, but she wouldn't allow herself to do it.

"How long have you lived on this desert?" One ear forward one back. She waited for his response. Eager to ask her next question.
Ascended Helovian

Deceased
"Nothing.” She said, leaving him unconvinced that her statement held any truth. Something was obviously amiss, her brow furrowed when she studied him; but he was wise and didn’t press into matters that most likely didn’t concern him. After a moment Ray visibly relaxed which in turn released instinctual defensive tension along his spine, "How long have you lived on this desert?"

Inquiring about him was something out of the normal for newcomers, mostly they usually were concerned with themselves and getting settled; he grinned outwardly and replied, “I was conceived and carried along the sea; these sands have been my home since before my birth,” body and soul was tethered to this territory with an invisible umbilical cord, his powers seeped from it. Thoughts trailed back to his new family member, now was the time to be learning about her. She had also traveled from a desert; so politely he returned the question and attention back to where it was deserved, “What was your old homeland like?”

OCC: Sorry its so short, muse is struggling right now ;_;

Unregistered
His mom lived on this desert, along with him. What was so magical about the desert? There were no plants.. She wouldn't be as harsh in answering. "My home? It was just like this except there was a herd of about fifteen, dull, boring, and stupid horses." Chords were slightly bitter. She chuckled. Easy to trick also. She still saw no horses here. He had wanted to know about her and she was making it quite difficult. "I am sorry Midas. It seems more pleasant here, but thoughts grind into my mind making it more challenging for me to focus on the point that this place isn't the same." Shy features crossing her red face. Chords that were more sympathetic and loving.

The red mare truly didn't know the ways of this place. Perhaps she needed the clean, yet salty smell of the ocean. The waves crashing on her cloven hooves, and orbs watching the distant whales and seagulls. This stallion was a renewed version of her old stallion, but he was like a fresh breath of air in her lungs.

"Midas, perhaps we could go to the ocean?" Maybe she would be in a better mood. If he did say no, she would just wait to visit the majestic blue waters. White coat with onyx patches. What a lovely stallion he was.

OOC: Ugh.. Me too.
Ascended Helovian

Deceased
Her youthful, borderline answer didn’t surprise him, "My home? It was just like this except there was a herd of about fifteen, dull, boring, and stupid horses."

To speak of ones family in such a way was not only unbecoming of that person; but also rude. He scoffed inwardly, and then scowled for being judgmental. Again—who was he to pass verdict on this girl? Outward appearance remained a picture perfect shin of pleasantry. Familiar fragrances of kinfolk lingered around them; she too would become familiar with the herd, given time.

"I am sorry Midas. It seems more pleasant here, but thoughts grind into my mind making it more challenging for me to focus on the point that this place isn't the same."

An apology tumbled from dark lips, he softened just a little; still watching, still smiling. But, inwardly he realized that she needed a little more attention than most other travelers that were welcomed. Mind tried to find common ground, wisdom and understanding. Quickly Midas came to a realization that they were both alike—in a small way. She ran from unpleasant memories, perhaps not traumatic—but unpleasant. Traveling to a place that seemed mirrored by haunting memories could injure a soul.

Who would know better than him?

Whist he was gaining personal insight, she missed no beat and pushed a request, "Midas, perhaps we could go to the ocean?" gaze shifted from a dropped stance to lock eyes with his new sister. Could she see that spark a dread creep behind his honeyed eyes, dread that flickered when his calming smile fell just an inch? Ray stared back at him, gazing over his frame; hopefully oblivious to the brief lapse of normal, and waiting for an answer. Tone restrained he answered, “Yes, we can—if that is what you wish?”

Unregistered
Midas had changed slightly. She did indeed notice his happy composure drop. A deep glint of sadness in his golden eyes. Had her request pushed him. Was she to walk towards the ocean's calming breeze and soft salty taste first? She sighed. The poor girl had escaped one desert to be found in another. Perhaps it would work out. Animals loved it here, well some did. Perhaps her liquid fire coat and angel wings weren't accepted here. Would the sun god approve? Such land seemed dull to her, but so vibrant and alive to Midas. Were they to fly or walk?

Feelings swelled her body. Mixed emotions of stallions, black and white, death, blood lust, rage, hope, joy, but the biggest one was boredom. Mimicking her past. Copying her history. Lets just see how this goes.. Ray. A voice, clear-as-day, ended her thoughts, worries, and concerns. Immediately a comforting edge held in the orange land. Was he treating her like an experiment? He could say no, but did he think she would leave?

A soft chuckle caressed her black maw. To think she may have thought of the boy as charming. She now realized they weren't, barely, compatible. Still the stag warmed her slightly. Not the sappy lovey dovey mushy stuff. No, he just slightly made her nervous, in a good way.

''W-we don't have to. If you don't want." She hesitated her first word then made sure not to hesitate anymore. What the hell? This time her thoughts. What is wrong with me? Jeez. Bashing herself through thoughts. What kind of mare HESITATES over a stallion? A wimp of one. There the bashing ended. Still, thoughts of the boy roamed her vast, yet intelligent, femme brain. "We can go wherever."
Ascended Helovian

Deceased
''W-we don't have to. If you don't want."

He didn’t want to travel south for many reasons. Midas never bore a desire to visit their ocean. Ever since the day his first youngling fell from a sunburnt sky, plummeting headfirst into dagger like crevices below. Salt water reminded him of that failure, it reminded him of shame. "We can go wherever." One broken memory to shatter a perfect experience that had been built upon since his childhood, “You are free to travel this territory as you see fit,” an excuse was coming next, “I must return to my son soon, but I can offer you directions.”

Pointing with is muzzle toward the southernmost direction he said, “The ocean lies that way, just follow your nose,” turning head toward the north the general uttered, “Thistle meadow, and Threshold are from the way we just traveled.”
If she went exploring this new home now, chances were good that other kinfolk would come greet her as the shifts changed, “Settle in, and then feel free to explore. When the mood strikes you, think upon what duty you would fit best in.”

OOC: We can go ahead and end this here if you want <'3 just post your duty and stuff in the herd page. Boom will get to it when she can. :3

Unregistered
OOC: Ok yes. We will end it there, and I will go post now.