the Rift

Conversations in the Mists

Hellena Posts: 64
World's Edge Seer
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 hh :: 26 Buff: NOVICE
Whit

It is curious, the way everything changes around me, and yet nothing ever truly changes. My life is lived in simplicity; the World’s Edge is my home, the Goddess of the Moon my sovereign ruler, the mists of the lands my comfort and within my magical grasps. I see the mistress who walks towards me before she has even arrived, her the mists reveal her shape to me, her magic, her very core ideals and the passion that drives her to me. My violent, dark eyes see these images with clear understanding; I see the newest Leader of these lands, seeking me out.

They always did seek me out, often with demands of knowing how their reign over my lands would pan out, how long would they rule for, how would they eventually fall from their perch of leadership. But this mare, was different, she strove for greatness and yet seemed surprised when it came to her, she held the heart of a dragon within her, and yet rarely acknowledged her own strength. I admired her, but still I was not pulled toward her; my loyalty laid with my lands, the beautiful World’s Edge.

I approach her, my delicate tiara inclining as the mists part to reveal my stance. Without hiding my inquisitiveness, I drink her form greedily, noting the similarities and differences we shared in physique, and perhaps, something more. She is as dark as I am light, and yet we stand here together, united by our love for the Lady Moon, and the lands she has blessed us with.

“Mirage.” I speak, and as I do so, the mists seem to swirl and dance about us. It is as if they are orchestrated by my voice, but I promise you, it is something even more than that. They are a part of me, my rank as Seer has been a lifelong dream, something so ingrained to my soul that without it; I would surely die. And my life’s spark will now be departing so soon, not even when the wretched Sun Lord insults us within our very trees. My small, svelte ears stand tall atop my poll, and with my clear, violet eyes focussed upon her own piercing amber pools, I await the purpose of this meeting to be revealed.

Messages In This Thread
Conversations in the Mists - by Mirage - 11-11-2012, 10:07 PM
RE: Conversations in the Mists - by Hellena - 11-11-2012, 10:08 PM
RE: Conversations in the Mists - by Mirage - 11-11-2012, 10:09 PM
RE: Conversations in the Mists - by Hellena - 11-27-2012, 10:58 PM