the Rift

watching and w a i t i n g

Rapha Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

B A C C H U S

Dearest Mother,

Being dead does have its perks. I must admit, I enjoy watching the mortals scurry to and fro, I like watching the unicorns and the horses and the pegasi flitting about embedded in their pitiful little lives. It was to my exquisit surprise, however, that I should watch an empire being overthrown from my beautiful palace in the sky. I could not believe my eyes- unicorns! Glorious, sparkling unicorns run out of their home and into the icy grips of winter, taking a home in the most dreaded cold place, where their king disappeared for weeks, leaving only a black mare in charge. Of course, I had no wish for those poor horned horses to remain in the cold, so I gave one of them, a pretty girl, a slave I fashioned from my own hands. He's a pathetic little thing, but quite obedient, and I think Sno will find him useful, even if he's not particularly fun and dashing.

As he is my own creation, I wished to watch him, and here is what transpired one frostfall morning in the Frostbreath Steppe.

With love,
Casper
p.s. Unicorn supremacy all the way!

---

Bacchus snorted, shaking his head and moving his feet, wishing desperately he could get warm. The slave was cold, abnormally cold, as if some dead horse was trying to freeze him, breathing frosty air on his cheeks and in his muzzle, gripping him with icy teeth. He was near the herd, remaining out of sight as not to be stabbed with horns and antlers, so as not to be gouged by some angry unicorn. Sno, the slave's master and mistress, likely, was inside the herd, where the frigid air was warmer from the masses of bodies, even though the numbers were smaller than they once were.

A slave should not complain. I am not whipped, nor beaten, after all. Bacchus told himself firmly, pushing away at his anger. He should be happy Sno didn't need him right now, savour these moments of quiet. At least I don't have to babysit. How Bacchus hated baby-sitting. Rapha, not Bacchus. The fjord reminded himself firmly. Sno had renamed him, and Rapha was his name. Rapha. Soon, as soon as Sno joined the Plague anyways, he was sure to be subject to all kinds of torment and even possibly tortue. Or poison. The coward tried to stop shivering, but now he wanted to colick as well, terrified of the possibilty of pain.

How he hated pain. How utterly he believed in unicorn supremacy.

""

[ooc: anyone's free to join, but chances are if any unicorns attack him Sno will be very mad...]

i'm a COWARD, a LIAR, and totally, utterly pathetic- I ADMIT IT

Messages In This Thread
watching and w a i t i n g - by Rapha - 11-12-2012, 08:20 PM
RE: watching and w a i t i n g - by Hrothgar and Beowulf - 11-12-2012, 10:29 PM
RE: watching and w a i t i n g - by Rapha - 11-14-2012, 06:12 PM