the Rift

Unleash the DOGS of WAR [Cirrus - bonding]

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

From the nestled corner of the desert walls where even frostfall cannot touch severely, the pup has been secure and safe since its time in the care of the young pegasus. It feels a stirring in its stomach like none it's ever experienced, calling for those broad paws to stand. A thirst that can only be quenched by the source of life sets a whimper to the pup's throat as it wanders aimlessly, nose searching tirelessly for an aroma it is not familiar with yet intensely attracted to.

In these moments those wide, begging eyes finally flicker and open. The world slams into view and the pup balks at first, yet the need drives it onward. Steadier now it looks for the girl that has watched it thus far, and it knows she will feed it, even if it is no longer the pale milk it craves.

And if she cannot? Then he may just ravage her body or search the wilds for what she cannot provide.

Drool courses down the sides of its jowls in anticipation before it wields a childish howl for her.

Cirrus Posts: 233
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 :: 8 HP: 69 | Buff: SWIFT
Whit

There is a sound, calling to the young belle. Her ears prick to attention, her posture stiffens as her usually wandering mind dedicates it attention to one cause. The pup had made its appearance known to her, she has sensed its nearness, though it had not allowed her to interact any further with it apart from resting her eyes upon its dark hide every now and then.

It had been quite a task, hunting, but with her father's spear, Cirrus had made short work of it. With eagerness, she carried in the kills in a makeshift net of seaweed, the contraption made possible with the aid of her kind father. Wings flapped, haphazardly delivering her bodice, and the five bodies of dead animals, to the site where the pup now stood.

"I'm here," she breathed, looking upon it for the first time without worrying that it would run away from her. Dumping the kills unceremoniously before herself and the pup, she made sure the netting was open. The stench of the kills had been getting to her, but with her attention transfixed upon the hellhound, she barely noticed it. A rabbit, fish, rat, fox and even a large snake all lay, beginning to rot and smell quite putrid, before the pup. Fascinated, the filly awaits what might happen next.
as changing as unforgiving as the wind, as bitter and chilling as the cold, as warm and deadly as the heat

• I enjoy being tagged.

• please do not feel pressured into mirroring the length of any of my posts
    I write what I feel at the time
    and hope everyone else does the same c:

Random Event Posts: 1,286
    Helovian Ancient
    Stallion :: Equine :: ::

The soft billowing of air around the pup sent it's head lifting up, eyes squinting against the sun. Even if it could not see her the hound knew it was her. Its tail began a slow, cautious wag, uncertain just how happy it was to see her when the pain continued to gnaw at its gut.

The thump of a remedy hitting the sand set its ears to cock to the side, head tilting in youthful curiosity.

The moment the stench reached the quivering nose the pup's tongue reached out, as if to taste the air. Heavy eyes swung to the pegasus, thankful, before the pup lunged and set upon the feast of corpses.

As it gorged its soul weaved in with hers, until at last the final bone had been picked clean and the pup wobbled to her side, slouching against her leg with contentment. In her mind she'd feel the warm pulse of its joy and its love, sealing the bond.

[The Hellhound is now yours to play. Markings you showed me are approved.]

Cirrus Posts: 233
    Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
    Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 :: 8 HP: 69 | Buff: SWIFT
    Whit

"Sitka." The name appears upon my lips before I even process its origins within my tiara. It is as if another has taken control of my tongue, and orchestrates the sounds it produces against my will. Only, the name is not against my will. This is something that feels wholly correct, something that I have not realised felt absent previously.

The thrum of a heartbeat sounds in my chest, yet, it is not my own heartbeat. Surprise registers upon my face, and I wonder what has brought up this uplifted, illuminated feeling. It is as if an entirely new being is forcing itself within me, only the force is welcome, it is pleasant, if new and unknown.

Hunger, a severe and deep hunger pervades my thoughts, and suddenly I am ravenous for the rotting flesh that lies before me. I take a step nearer, glancing to the blue and black pup feasting upon the meals. His piercing azure gaze strikes my own, our eyes matched for hue, as striking and electric as the sky is blue on a clear day. I get lost amongst this stare, my footsteps have stopped, and I am within my own body once more, feeling my own satiated hunger - a hunger for grass, not for meat and blood.

My mouth hangs agape as he walks to my side then, his slim, ribby build leans against me. The short, wiry fur that sparsely decorates his hide rubs against my own thick, wintry coat. Skeletons of his meal lie before my feet, and while he is content, he is so young and thin, I know that we will need to find shelter soon. But for now, I lower my soft muzzle to his small form, and rub it against him fondly.

It is love, I am sure of it, that makes me feel so devoted to him already. A happiness swells within me, a strength I did not know I contained, causes my wings to abruptly spread, a joyful skip is given, as he chases after my hooves, his overly large paws tumbling him about.

A small frown creases my brow, for I realise that he does not have wings; he will not be able to take to the skies by my side. A small huff, and I say, quite simply, "that won't do, will it?" The gift of flight was something I took for granted now, as all Pegasi did, but I remember meeting Andash, I remember what my father said about him, when he first came, he had a deformed wing. But it had been mended - perhaps , dearest Sitka, we could quest to give you wings so that you could fly with me?

Still, a happiness, sheer and complete, overwhelms me, it flows across my mask in the form of a broad and honest smile. I fold my legs, so that I can be at the same level with him, and he comes to me, his tail wagging slowly, the expression upon his face similar to my own. I know it is happiness I can see, for I can feel it too, this complete, and wholesome sensation, that when we are together, nothing can ever stop us.

He presses himself against my neck, which curves around him protectively, and he becomes no more than a ball of vibrant black and blue fur curled against my hide of patchy clouds and sky. My wings fold against me, but the nearest one to him remains slightly extended, so that we might be covered from some of the weather, that could change so unexpectedly.

Just wait until my family meet you, Sitka!
    as changing as unforgiving as the wind, as bitter and chilling as the cold, as warm and deadly as the heat

• I enjoy being tagged.

• please do not feel pressured into mirroring the length of any of my posts
    I write what I feel at the time
    and hope everyone else does the same c:

Azulee Posts: 62
    Dragon's Throat Warrior atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.0
    Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 hands :: 6 years :: Orangemoon HP: 65.0 | Buff: NOVICE
    Valda
    azulee
    they want rain without thunder and lightning

Through the stale air there reverberated a lupine howl; a chilling sound, though one that effortlessly gravitated the lightning child's fickle attention. Slender lobes flicked forward, and the roaned filly stood motionless, struggling to analyze the foreign utterance. For hours she had remained by her mother's side, occasionally mimicking the way the elder roan would nibble on stalks of grass and would occasionally frolic in the Oasis lake when things took on a more tranquil note, which was, to the filly, perceived in waves of boredom.

Azulee enjoyed speaking with her mother - she had so much knowledge to share and always found a way to sate her endless curiosity. But the filly had been thirsting for some sort of excitement, and as electric blue eyes beheld the form of her sister she couldn't help but feel a bout of eagerness ignite within her.

"Momma, can I go play with Cirrus?" The dame raised her head and peered out across the desert landscape, her eyes settling upon the form she knew all well to be her yearling daughter, though failing to notice the beast which stood beside her. "I don't mind, love." She said, and lowered her head once again to the loam, lips resuming their usual campaign of tearing green vegetation from the somewhat parched soil. An eager smile spread across the belle's lips and her small nub of a tail wagged ebulliently. She lifted her fore hooves from the sandy earth, and with her petite face hoisted high and wings partially unveiled, the young damsel bounded forward, lanky limbs carrying her exuberantly across amber sand.

"Just be careful!" Calls out the star breather as the flicka makes her departure, and Azulee all but ignores that sentient voice, too consumed in the not-so-distant apparition of her sister. "Cirrus!" She hollered as she approached, before she noticed something beside the belle. It didn't take too long to reach her, and as she grew near, the stench of putrescine pervaded her nostrils - it was a withering scent, though one that lingered, none the less, and caused her nose to twitch.

Azure eyes focalized upon the beast she had craned her neck so lovingly around, and an expression of pure stupefaction swiftly contorted her young features. "Whoa!" She exclaimed. "Where did you find him, sister?" Hesitantly, she extended her muzzle to the creature, inhaling his scent. She wondered if he might've been a companion, like the one Hototo had had with him that day on the beach not so long ago...
    background image © riktorsashen