the Rift

The Magic Of A C C E P T A N C E {Joining}

Joran Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
A grullo stallion, twelve years of age, was resting against the trunk of a willow tree, half-dozing, although it was so cold, and it was slightly unusual for a horse to take a cat nap in such freezing cold wheather, especially when it was snowing! A smooth, silky voice was heard above the howling winds. Joran was beginning a song.

Under a willow tree,
A place of destiny,
A sleeping maiden,
Lays on the haven,
Under a willow tree.

A place of rest and serenity,
A place where children dream happily,
And play near their mothers and fathers,
Under a willow tree.

And with that Joran ended his song strongly, beautifully. He remembered why he was here. He was here for a fresh new start. Joran was joining the herd.

Svetlana Posts: N/A
Unregistered

S.v.e.t.l.a.n.A
je aime les crows

"It isn't often I hear a voice singing in this bitter winter." I sigh, enjoying the stallion's song. It was welcome to my ears. I had just come back from one of my many patrols, needing to land immediately after my wings had begun icing thickly, when spotting the stallion through the veil of crisp white snow falling thick and fast upon the already accumulated white. I pulled one black wing forward, nibbling at the sheath of ice covering my primaries. It was much too cold. My warm breath quickly ate away at the fine ice, and my feathers turned wet and slippery all too quickly. Mmm. Winter. Lately I hadn't been able to fly too much, at least not above fifty feet, where the downdrafts spun and swirled.

"Well, wanderer, do you intend to join or are you on your way? I wouldn't mind having such a lovely voice to cheer our despondent spirits in this cold." I ask, my voice cordial and light. He's a handsome stallion, pretty enough, although a massive pink scar curls down his shoulder and he seems a little sorrowful. Maybe not. Unicorn faces have always confused me with those swords on their foreheads.

""

Joran Posts: N/A
Unregistered
Joran was startled as a pegasus mare approached him. His ears twitched as he listened to her speech. Joran had learned to unlock the true meanings of words, and what people felt like when they said them, and after all, his whole life he wanted to dedicate to storytelling, and song, his own lyrics fleeing his lips, announcing to the world what he was feeling, what he had been, and most important, who he was now. He wanted to be accepted into this herd, into lands he knew he could learn to love. Joran would accept his role in the herd gladly, thinking the whole herd itself his family. He noticed one snowflake, following slowly behind its zillions of twins. Every snowflake was alike. Yet it seemed that each horse was so very different. Joran personally only saw the inside of someone. " I seek a place in the herd, my lady, as a storyteller. My name is Joran." The words rolled off his lips, his speech was slow, and melodious, as if he were singing a song. Joran was truly a wonder.

Svetlana Posts: N/A
Unregistered

S.v.e.t.l.a.n.A
je aime les crows

Mmh. He was a nice fellow to look at. Grullo, a beautiful warm tan-brown, mane and tail dark chocolate, almost black, a coffee face and legs fading into his winter coat. A ribbon of green ran through his tail, his glittering black horn was striped green, and his eyes were melancholy moss. I seek a place in the herd, my lady, as a storyteller. My name is Joran. Joran fitted him very well- the stallion seemed to hold to his name. The snow drifting downwards only added to the stranger's allure. I'm not sure if my mind was perhaps swayed by his entrancing voice, the voice so beautiful and truly magnificent.

"My name is Svetlana, Chieftess of the herd, ruling with Archibald the Dauntless and Evers the Able. You are welcome into our ranks of citizens. As for storyteller, I think you would suit the position well. So long as you remain with us and keep our secrets, are loyal to the herd, I'm sure you will quickly acquire the rank. It may be a few days before I can say for certain- you've arrived at a rather tumultous time, I'm afraid. Me and the two other leads are trying to discover exactly where we stand, and there are some weight matters at hand." I sighed, trying to not think of the many deeds that were needed to be completed and the jobs to be done. "Please, I speak for all of the leads, we would be happy for you to help have our herd grow and be nourished with new life."

[ooc: we will be holding storyteller 'auditions' soon :D he's welcome to sign up there as soon as it's up. in the meantime, i'll have him put as rank Citizen, so you can post in the Wilds.]