the Rift

Not in Kansas anymore...

Mirage the DragonHeart Posts: 414
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 :: Eighteen HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Akaith :: Royal Golden Dragon :: Fire Breath Whit

The flicka before her seemed endowed with wisdom, a smarts that was hidden beneath youth and inexperience. It was difficult to explain, but her intelligence and careful manner of conducting herself drew Mirage in, the mare wanted to offer her comfort to the sad little minx, wanted to see a smile that touched upon all her features, not just the curvature of her delicate lips. The compliment paid to Akaith stroked the gold’s vanity appropriately, and amusement glittered behind the golden pools of Mirage as the dragon nodded affirmatively, her own draconic stance softening, welcoming the interaction to continue between the equines without fear of her flames or moodswings. You’re a silly creature. Mirage commented to her bonded playfully. There is no reason why I should not be treated like a queen amongst species other than my own. The dragon replied sharply, taking the baited comment in the manner that the mare expected.

“You are welcome, Isra.” The mare said, a little taken aback that she was being thanked so early on in the scheme of things. Kindness was something that did come naturally to the mare, though so many other things also came naturally to her, sometimes kindness was not the first trait she displayed. “My kin label me their leader, Isra. The Qian,” she spoke, stepping closer to the young maiden, so that the quiet warmth in her voice could be detected easier. “We welcome those who are willing to aid in protecting their fellows, in exchange for being protected.” The Qian were as much a part of Mirage as Akaith was, or her love for Vikram, the devotion behind her words was thick. “I hope one day to learn more about you, Isra; I enjoy learning of the lore and histories of other realms.” The comment was a bit different to where her words of the Qian were leading, but she connected them together with an easy, warm smile. “Should you wish it, the Qian would be glad to aid you in discovering and completely this mysterious task.”

Mirage held a lot of sway, in a lot of places. Though she called no herdland her home – yet – the Qian offered a security far better than a simple land could. She felt protected by her kin, just as her kin felt protected by her. She knew that any newcomers she encountered wouldn’t know any of this, but she also appreciated that it took time to earn one’s trust. Mirage was not one to trumpet her achievements out to the world, the friendships she held with figures of power were not insignificant; but there she stood, just simply as a mare who claimed to be a leader to a stranger. She could see how hard it would be to be in Isra’s place, but she hoped that the honest way in which she was conducting herself conveyed the truth behind all that she said.

Messages In This Thread
Not in Kansas anymore... - by Isra - 06-21-2012, 09:29 PM
RE: Not in Kansas anymore... - by Mirage - 06-24-2012, 06:54 AM
RE: Not in Kansas anymore... - by Isra - 06-26-2012, 07:14 AM
RE: Not in Kansas anymore... - by Mirage - 06-26-2012, 11:02 PM
RE: Not in Kansas anymore... - by Isra - 06-29-2012, 04:59 AM
RE: Not in Kansas anymore... - by Mirage - 07-02-2012, 07:12 PM
RE: Not in Kansas anymore... - by Isra - 07-09-2012, 12:05 AM
RE: Not in Kansas anymore... - by Mirage - 07-09-2012, 08:22 PM
RE: Not in Kansas anymore... - by Isra - 07-11-2012, 01:49 PM
RE: Not in Kansas anymore... - by Mirage - 07-16-2012, 08:11 AM