the Rift

Not in Kansas anymore...

Isra Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
I S R A
“It is good to have an end to journey toward;
but it is the journey that matters, in the end.”

Once her probing questions had been asked, silence reigned supreme on Isra’s end of the conversation. She afforded Mirage the same respect that she would have given during a lesson from one of the wise women. Or the rapt attention her mother secured while telling her tales of old. Indeed the velvety black mare with her gilded eyes deserved it, having been put in a position of authority by her kin and possessing far more knowledge of the land than Isra, whose voracious appetite for information had barely began to be satisfied. She listened to Mirage’s dialogue in its entirety, having already gotten the sense that it usually came back around and tied together nicely.

Isra was not disappointed.

Helovia was a giant puzzle with hundreds, if not thousands, of pieces to be sorted out and fit together. The gods would be the corner pieces, the lands and leaders would be the edges and she’d have to work her way in from there and find out where she belonged. What her purpose was here. The Qian sounded lovely, and Isra suspected her growing admiration of Mirage was dangerously close to putting her up on a pedestal. if you wish to join us… How easy it would be to agree wholeheartedly, to join right this second, she imagined the rest of the Qian to be similar to Mirage.

Without the reassuring pulse of her diadh-anam, Isra hesitated. Briefly she wondered if she would ever make a confident decision again or if she was always going to wait for a sensation that never came. Nevertheless, she heard there were three deities here and Isra suspected Mirage and perhaps her kin were followers of the Goddess of the Moon. That they were lit by moonlight. She had no idea what might happen to her at the Shrines, what if a God sent her on a task that conflicted with Mirage’s group? Isra was not confident enough to pledge herself to The Qian – not yet.

“Then the start of my journey lies south. Perhaps once I’m finished at the Shrines, I could visit you and The Qian,” she pauses, her earthy brown eye’s sliding shyly to dragon’s golden form. “And Akaith in Deep Forest? I will no doubt have more questions from what I've seen on my journey there and back."

((Not very long but whipped home on a break at work and I NEVER do replies on break, just glance around the site. Isra is just too easy to write xD ))

Messages In This Thread
Not in Kansas anymore... - by Isra - 06-21-2012, 09:29 PM
RE: Not in Kansas anymore... - by Mirage - 06-24-2012, 06:54 AM
RE: Not in Kansas anymore... - by Isra - 06-26-2012, 07:14 AM
RE: Not in Kansas anymore... - by Mirage - 06-26-2012, 11:02 PM
RE: Not in Kansas anymore... - by Isra - 06-29-2012, 04:59 AM
RE: Not in Kansas anymore... - by Mirage - 07-02-2012, 07:12 PM
RE: Not in Kansas anymore... - by Isra - 07-09-2012, 12:05 AM
RE: Not in Kansas anymore... - by Mirage - 07-09-2012, 08:22 PM
RE: Not in Kansas anymore... - by Isra - 07-11-2012, 01:49 PM
RE: Not in Kansas anymore... - by Mirage - 07-16-2012, 08:11 AM