the Rift

A moment of silence [Hototo]
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

m i d a s
BEYOND HERE LIES NOTHING
It was spine chilling cold, and early. The sky above him was a dark shade of blue, with a few lingering stars hanging on for dear life as evening began its fleeting retreat. Crunchy frost littered the ground and covered plants that had long since passed; the general admired this awful beauty and thought that he had emerged into a world full of crystal. Somehow, the air felt twice as cold when eyes lingered on the surrounding blanket of white. Its silent but deadly nature sent a shiver down his back, quivering the short feathers that took liberty to cling. Snow fell only a little overnight, its hard fluff lay caked up to a reasonable depth in certain low lying areas; but mostly the terrain was slippery ice.

In a moment the sun would rise over the horizon. He could almost feel how it would bath body and land in weak warmth; because even pitiful head was better than none at all. Had another been in the field they might wonder why this fool of a man would be standing by, watching the horizon in this blistering cold; seemingly lost in his own world. Indeed, he was lost. Midas had awoken early to travel the meadow for prayer and meditation; he had many thoughts and very little understanding about how to deal with them. Problems circling the herd, his prodigy, friends, training, sparing, and…dare say…love. Normally, he would have traveled to the vein, to pray and seek holy guidance; but not today.
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Hototo Posts: 96
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 17.2hh :: 3 years
Boom Boom!

HOTOTO</style>
 Let the meek have the kingdom of heaven; the strong shall rule on earth.</style>

Morning was beautiful, but winter was cold. Still, I had found myself sneaking from mother's bosom and out into the world, Bear following close behind me. I draped my wings about my body like a jacket, about the only thing the feathered limbs were good for at this point. Because I had no teacher, flying had never become one of my skills. Still, I stretched my wings occasionally, trying to keep their musculature building at a steady rate in case I ever found someone to instruct me. Obviously, mother could not, and neither could Ophelia. My list of acquaintances was starkly wingless, in fact, but that did not worry my mind often.

The world was much to interesting to spend your time moping about not knowing how to use your wings, I say. I trot my way through the scraggily rows of trees, trying to find my way through to the meadow so that I could watch the rise of the sun as it painting the world in color. Night fell on the world like a gross shadow, choking the color from everything and leaving it in a tint of blue. Sunrise was when the cloak was lifted, revealing brilliant hues of yellow, orange, and pink - old friends lost since the evening before. My bitoned eyes looked forward in excitement as I made my way through the small forest surrounding the quiet meadow.

Light breaks through as I push past the last of the trees, coming to a halt in a glittering pile of snow. My face does not glance up at the sky, but to my right, where an unfamiliar figure looms. I note with interest his spotted coloration, the white and black splotches, and the wings that look to have been dipped in sunlight. Cautiously, I trot over, Bear barreling along behind me and letting out a grunt. "Good morning," I say, keeping a cautious distance even as I stand parallel to him, looking over with my smoky face. "I'm Hototo and this is Bear." A puff of white vapor lingers in front of my face, distorting the smile that follows my words.

Art by Krazie!</style>
Ascended Helovian

Deceased
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

m i d a s
BEYOND HERE LIES NOTHING
Meditation never lasted long, especially when one couldn’t find a quiet moment in his soul for such ventures. Belly was empty and mind was full—the wayward man closed eyes and tried in vain to tune out a busy world; but, all expended effort really seemed to do was create a headache. Gaze opened, just in time to see a smallish babe approaching from the side, head turned instinctively to study the stranger; this child couldn’t be much older than his little Cera, given the size and shape. Toddling beside the Pegasus was a bonded creature; one that Midas had grown familiar with, a few days prier.

“Eytan—the little tail chaser,” his mind supplied the cubs title, while curious cherub drew closer, “Good morning,” the son of earth chirped politely, Midas smiled in response and dipped muzzle to a leveled position so the darker pits could meet his lighter hues, "I'm Hototo and this is Bear."

“Well met Hototo,” he rumbled tenderly, “and little bear,” gaze traveled past them both for a moment before drifting attention to company at hand, “I’m Midas.” It seemed that Ktulu’s babe didn’t remember him, though that not all unusual; Hototo had been rather young during their travels, “You’re far from home Hototo, where is your mother, Ktulu?”

Hototo Posts: 96
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 17.2hh :: 3 years
Boom Boom!

HOTOTO</style>
 Let the meek have the kingdom of heaven; the strong shall rule on earth.</style>

Midas. The name sounded eerily familiar as it echoed in my mind, and my two-toned eyes search his face for traces of memories that should linger still. The golden set vision through which he gazed was the best clue, and I remember vaguely the stallion walking alongside mother. How long ago was it? I did not recall, nor could I really recall anything about the conversation between them. This was not unusual, as my mind tended to wander when adults were exchanging pleasantries and banter. The world was much more interesting, with all of its merry details to be consumed.

Still, Midas was not perturbed by my slip of memory, and I was thankful. Instead, his rumbling tones continued happily forth, friendly in their cadance. I was welcomed by his side, and that was a novel thing to me. I tended to avoid others that were not Ophelia or mother, but he seemed like good company. Bear is comfortable in the presence of the armored stallion as well, coming to lounge idly by my hooves, pushing his fluffy body up against me to provide the heat he knew I needed in this early morning. His dark, watery eyes gaze up at me in understanding. Though we could not talk, Bear and I had become the best of friends. Well, aside from mother, he was my best friend.

A question peaks in my ears, and I look back at Midas as he was likely expecting. For a moment, the mention of home brings back pleasant memories of red sand and open blue skies, but I soon remember that mother and I spend most of our days within the forest now. It was dark and dank, and the sky rarely broke through the canopy. Still, mother seemed pleased and I dare not ask her to go back to the Dragon's Throat. She was now the head of the Grey, and while I did not understand its purpose, I knew it was important to her. I would never ask mother to give up something important for me. That was selfish.

The fact that he uses my mother's name does not surprise me now, though had I not searched his face earlier it might have. I was correct in my memories of him walking along side her, then. I smile again, knowing he is certainly a friend. "She was sleeping when Bear and I snuck off. Mother always finds me, so you needn't worry." My jovial face takes on a serious light, then, and I look up at the taller male with an all too aged face for a foal.

"What is your relationship with my mother, Midas?"

Art by Krazie!</style>
Ascended Helovian

Deceased

m i d a s
BEYOND HERE LIES NOTHING
Ktulu’s demi god wasn’t far from his little avian age wise, but Hototo seemed to lack similarities in what Midas would call, ‘carefree childlike behavior’. Every foal was different, but his Cera would have been skipping up snow and dashing across the frozen meadow in gleeful happiness, obvious to a world of hate and bitter resentment, of love and heartache. Calmly that little voice replied, "She was sleeping when Bear and I snuck off. Mother always finds me, so you needn't worry.” One brow rose curiously and with sparking humor, though lips remained unmoving. All he could think was that, ‘now wasn’t the time to be wandering around the whole of Helovia’, danger could be lurking; but who could argue with a child blessed by his god? Earth lord would defend if the need came.

Still pleasantly smiling with tender affection for his halfling friend, skull rose to full height with gaze following the rising sun just as warming orange bathed their land in hues of crimson, and tangerine. Environmental beauty squeezed a tired sigh from his chest, Midas had a brief moment of perfect calm before, “What is your relationship with my mother, Midas?" a sudden question seemingly birthed from the pits of nowhere. Surprised, he turned attention back to Hototo, ears pressed forward and mouth curved down into an unsure frown, “I would consider your mother to be a good friend,” orbs blinked once to clear shock lines from his features, body shifted weight and leaned muscular neck down to find leveled position with the colt, “An important friend to me.”