the Rift

Untouchable

Djinn Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Djinn

No one rejects, dislikes, or avoids pleasure itself, because it is pleasure.

A small twitch at the corner of the mouth was the only reaction he gave to her claim, mostly because he had already abandoned the topic. Some other time might see them readdress the topic, if their roads didn't cross only to part again without intertwining, but for now her words were left uncontested. The horned stallion did however seem a little surprised at how readily she gave in, and watched her with mild curiosity as she answered the question. Honesty was not generally a common trait among travelers, as too many had things to hide from themselves and the eyes of the world. He had always been an exception to the rule, and now as he was faced with one that spoke in a manner rather similar to himself - but without the rude bluntness - the traveler appeared puzzled.

"I know I did ask, but.. why do you tell me that so easily?" The head tilted to the side in apparent bewilderment, clearly not used to being trusted so easily. Be it as it may that the information didn't seem overly important, it was still information that a shrewder mind wouldn't hesitate to try and use against the girl. The young unicorn shook the head slowly, as if thinking her naive if not foolish, but accepted her words for what they were anyway. Questions welled up from the darkness of the eyes, revealed as the gleaming orbs quietly regarded Ophelia and her silver companion. "A band, huh. A band of what, exactly? Mysterious Mares Anonymous?" A slight glitter of humor took the edge of the remark, softening it with a brief display of humor.

When she asked her own question, the black-blazed horse grew silent for a moment, the smile slipping from his maw. Thinking, he let moments pass before looking up at the mare again, shoulders rolling in a slight shrug.
"Sure, I don't see why not. I'd love to tell you, but I'm actually not quite sure myself. Some things happened a while ago, rather unimportant and nothing to note, but I thought I should try to find something to occupy myself with. Haven't thought about what it might be yet." It was an answer vague enough to annoy most people, something he probably was keenly aware of already. It wouldn't be strange for him to use such a manner of speech to tease someone into a bad temper, but it wasn't entirely unlikely that he really had no clear goals.

The true meaning of the phrasing, however, was hard to miss. No goals, no expectations, thus the lad was likely to go along with anything that caught his interest. First come, first serve.

Nor is there anyone who loves or pursues or desires to obtain pain of itself, because it is pain.

Messages In This Thread
Untouchable - by Djinn - 11-16-2012, 02:08 AM
RE: Untouchable - by Ophelia - 11-16-2012, 11:29 PM
RE: Untouchable - by Djinn - 11-17-2012, 12:14 AM
RE: Untouchable - by Ophelia - 11-17-2012, 12:41 AM
RE: Untouchable - by Djinn - 11-17-2012, 01:37 AM
RE: Untouchable - by Ophelia - 11-17-2012, 01:48 AM
RE: Untouchable - by Djinn - 11-17-2012, 06:08 PM
RE: Untouchable - by Ophelia - 11-18-2012, 12:14 AM
RE: Untouchable - by Djinn - 11-18-2012, 08:16 AM
RE: Untouchable - by Ophelia - 11-19-2012, 03:03 PM
RE: Untouchable - by Djinn - 11-19-2012, 03:48 PM