the Rift

A Gypsy Soul to Blame

Romani Posts: 205
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2 :: 9 HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Kasai :: White Tiger :: Wind Whip Sparrow

Barren.

That was perhaps the first word that came to mind as the red palomino mare wandered through the quiet forest, icy blue eyes taking in the equally cold land around her. Trees and brush sat naked of their foliage and the land lay covered in snow and ice; a true testament of the harsh season of Frostfall that had spread across the land.

Maybe once in the last few months this land was beautiful and abundant with life, back before the snows had come and blanketed everything in white. Romani was never one to like the conditions that came with winter, despite how well her thick hide protected her from such elements. This chill seemed like no other, however, for it seeped past her coat and hide, causing the mare to shiver as she stepped over a fallen log. Looking around at such a frostbitten place, Romani truly wondered what had drawn her here in the first place.

Adventuring was in her blood, the drive to seek out and explore the unknown forcing her to brave the unmerciful weather of this land. Idly she wondered if what she would find in this land would be worth the trouble.

Flicking her white forelock from her face so she could see clearly, the Haflinger continued her surveillance, blue eyes skimming the trees for any other forms of life. A red ear cocked forward, listening for anything but receiving only the somber song of winter.

“Perhaps I am the only one around…” Romani muttered, shaking her thick white mane to free the drifting snowflakes that had gracefully landed upon it. Flicking her tail to do the same, she continued on her way, moving through the snow with surprising grace considering her bulky size.

Svetlana Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

SVETLANA the STORMCHASER
Flying was a beautiful pastime, but it wasn't long before I touched down at the Threshold. It was common traveling to the Threshold, as the Foothills were incredibly close by, which I loved. It was very convenient. While horses from the Dragon's Throat, or even the World's Edge, had to travel longer, I was already here. Of course, our proximity to the Threshold had its disadvantages as well- intruders ended up along our borders all the time, and Mauja with his herd of unicorns were close. Too close. I sighed, pushing away the thoughts. Being a leader was challenging, even with two others to help. I was only really in charge of the intelligence department, and those odd jobs, while Archibald was fighting, and Evers diplomat. I hadn't said so, but it seemed quite a bit better that the two of them had switched roles. Much better, in fact.

The snow was soft under my hooves as I landed, wings back-beating. Cool white mist evaporated from my nostrils as I snorted, landing onto all fours, black wings closing to line my silver flanks. Where were all the horses overrunning the Threshold? Yes, there was Evers over there with someone and a few others- he could hold himself and persuade anyone. I'm sure he would be fine. I moved through the thick pines and the bare oaks and aspens, a spectre in the morning. The only thing to catch my attention was red- a patch in the bare trees sticking their dead hands up from the snow-covered earth. "Greetings, wanderer! What brings you to this fine land?" I call, coming closer to stop five feet away, not wishing to intrude on this smaller's mare privacy. Alone, however. She was alone.

do you really understand where you're going with me?
let me tell you
you just have to trust me

It wasn’t long into her wandering that Romani was proved wrong upon one of her theories; that she was alone. Piercing blue eyes took in the lithe form presented in front of her, absorbing the dark wings adorning the mare’s back, her ivory coat, and lastly, her onyx eyes. Where some might be fearful of those soul-black eyes, Romani was not. This creature was quite remarkable to behold. This Pegasus was taller than she, but the Haflinger wouldn’t let that intimidate her. Lifting her head high, ears cocked forward, she spoke.

“Greetings to you as well, madam,” the palomino said politely, recalling lessons in respect and etiquette that had been drilled into her by her dam and sire, “I hope I do not intrude upon these lands. My name is Romani, and I am merely an adventurer; I follow where my heart desires.” Dipping her head slightly to show a semblance of respect, her long forelock fell rather gracelessly upon her forehead.

“May I ask your name?”

Romani could tell that this mare was respecting her space, and she appreciated it. While she didn’t feel that the Pegasus was a threat, she wasn’t quite sure what to think until they spoke further.

Unregistered

SVETLANA the STORMCHASER
The red palomino raised her head, ears flicking forward attentively as I greeted her. Greetings to you as well, madam. I hope not to intrude upon these lands. My name is Romani. Adventurer. Name? A little warrior, she seems to be, holding herself very upright but not aggressively. "I'm Svetlana. Some call me Svetlana the Stormchaser. I'm leader of the Windtossed Foothills, along with Archibald and Evers. You are welcome to come to my herdlands to settle down, or at least have a place to call home should you ever wish to rest." I pause, inhaling a quick breath. "There are other herdlands I can help you find if you wish. There is the Dragon's Throat, home to pegasi down in the southern deserts, and there is the World's Edge, home to all three breeds like the Foothills." I hope she comes with us, this small compact horse. Romani. It fits her well, as most names tend to.

let me tell you

Svetlana. That was the name of the mare who greeted her, this rather magnificent creature standing not five feet from her. Svetlana the Stormchaser. It was a bold title. I wonder where she earned such a title… The names Archibald and Evers were not familiar to her ears, but perhaps she would meet them, if she chose to join Svetlana.

She listened intently as Svetlana spoke of her home, the Windtossed Foothills, and also of the other herdlands. The invitation to join Svetlana surprised her, as they had only just met, but… What could it be like, these Foothills? Would it be warmer than where they stood now, snowflakes drifting through the air on a frigid wind? The need to see the unknown filled her heart, and the palomino made her choice.

“I would gladly join you, madam, if you would have me,” Romani responded after a few moments, lifting her head high once more and tossing her forelock out of her eyes, locking gazes with the onyx-eyed Pegasus, “But I will be honest… My restless spirit denies me from calling anywhere ‘home’, but I will settle as well as I can into your herd.”

Unregistered

SVETLANA the STORMCHASER
The with practiced ease, the palomino flipped her white forelock out of her eyes, keeping her gaze steady to mine. I would be happy to have Romani in my herd. "Just because you are one of the herd does not mean there is any need for you to stop wandering, Romani. Let's begin walking- it isn't too far to Foothills. Soon you'll be able to meet the horses yourself." I smile, turning to the west. Not too long ago, I would have trotted up to Romani to begin sparring, or breathe out into her nostrils, but those customs were frowned down upon in Helovia. Instead, I had to restrict myself to words. I didn't mind, not really, I just wish I could practice my old customs.

[sorry for extremely short post!]

let me tell you

Svetlana’s words were reassuring to hear. If she would not be tied down and could still continue to explore as her heart demanded, Romani would gladly follow Svetlana to the Foothills. A small shiver of excitement ran through the mare’s compact frame, eager but wary to meet these horses of the Foothills. While she expected that some might be guarded of her arrival, she hoped to meet a few who wouldn’t mind her presence, and perhaps be willing to show her the dynamics of this new land.

“Very well, madam,” Romani said in response, ears forward and listening eagerly. Idly she wondered if her formal address was appreciated by the leader of the Foothills. “I’ll follow your lead.”

The red mare watched as Svetlana turned on her haunches to lead the way back to the herd, and obediently Romani followed, trotting a few strides to catch up before slowing to a calm walk. She moved with a proud, flowing saunter, that of an experienced adventurer, and subtly took a closer inspection of the Pegasus now that there was less space between them.

[OoC: That's alright! There isn't much aside from greetings... This can be closed if it needs to be, I'm not sure. First post and all that. XD]

Tor Posts: 197
World's Edge Nurse
Mare :: Equine :: 17.1 :: 9
Adoptable
[ooc: I'll ask an admin if they change her to herd member :D ]

[OoC: Awesome, thank you! :D]