the Rift

.b r o k e n. [OPEN!]

Svetlana Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

SVETLANA the STORMCHASER
I appreciated the stallion's kindness, and his dragon's too. I muttered softly to myself, ignoring the blistering pain in my bones, carefully looking over the damage on my wings. I wasn't exactly ignoring the kind stallion, I simply wanted to see the injuries for myself. Surprisingly enough, there was little blood, if any- perhaps a few red droplets from my wings where a branch must've cut right through the edge of the muscle and sinew knitted together. Primaries were messy, secondaries somewhat straight still, ruffled and matted certainly, but straight enough. As for the right wing, it was... not right. No bone was showing though. None at all. Instead, the wing just seemed broken... knocked away. Leg. Right. Check the leg. I glanced at it, and then double-checked. It was swollen, incredibly swollen, thousands of scrapes trickling red into the white. Broken? No... just badly damaged. Fuck it all.

I turned my head to watch in fascination as the jewel-scaled dragoness fluttered over to a dampened log, a jet of red-hot flames leaving the small mouth. Fire. Red licked up at the sky, the belly of the sky swollen with frozen slush falling down in thick sheets, relentless. "Thank you. Really, I'm sorry for my bad temper." I apologized, feeling guilty for my tongue. But Lace was right- I needed to get off the soggy snowy ground. My right wing I carefully closed to side, very slowly, wincing as it stung, and swung up onto my feet. Immediately, my foreleg almost gave out, and I stumbled into Lace, mumbling an apology. Red was tainting my vision, or was it just the fire? I moved slowly forward, cautious, stopping near the warmth of the flames.

do you really understand where you're going with me?
let me tell you
you just have to trust me

Messages In This Thread
.b r o k e n. [OPEN!] - by Svetlana - 11-16-2012, 10:13 AM
RE: .b r o k e n. [OPEN!] - by Lace - 11-16-2012, 04:20 PM
RE: .b r o k e n. [OPEN!] - by Svetlana - 11-16-2012, 04:57 PM
RE: .b r o k e n. [OPEN!] - by Lace - 11-16-2012, 05:17 PM
RE: .b r o k e n. [OPEN!] - by Svetlana - 11-17-2012, 07:33 PM
RE: .b r o k e n. [OPEN!] - by Lace - 11-18-2012, 08:41 AM
RE: .b r o k e n. [OPEN!] - by Svetlana - 11-18-2012, 10:26 AM
RE: .b r o k e n. [OPEN!] - by Lace - 11-18-2012, 12:21 PM
RE: .b r o k e n. [OPEN!] - by Svetlana - 11-18-2012, 07:14 PM