the Rift

Come, Little Lamb [Nayati, Open]

Svetlana Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Whether or not I would guide the girl was out of the question. I had known Nayati, my Nayati, for less than an hour, but only a fucking idiot would dare and try to take her from me, or scold me for taking on a lost, bloodied filly when we needed proper warriors to fill our ranks. It was funny, and it made me wonder how protective I would be if I had not simply adopted a foal, but really had carried and given one to the world. I wonder... hmm. No more thoughts of that. You have a real one to love and cherish right now, even if she has no ability to fly nor any horn growing from her forehead. I wondered for a brief moment if unicorns felt pain upon a horn breaking through their skin, or just uncomfortable itchiness like a stag rubbing his head as his antlers broke through. I double-checked the appaloosa- nope, certainly not a nub on her forehead. What a fragile body! Thin legged, fawn-eyed, a fresh white pelt that reflected the blood that had been spilled on my filly's coat and would always mark her for coming in the Frostfall red-painted.

Darling Nayati. Unaware of it as I may have been at the time, the need to protect the little girl would grow, the seed taking root in my heart, until my love was as pure and stronger than if I had birthed her myself, even if she was not blessed with the ability to take to the sky. I would help her grow, help her grow stronger and more confident, until one day, she no longer may fear the world around her and trust in me and the herd, understand the world's strange ways. "We're here little one." I announce, onyx eyes lifting to study the dark mountains. It's nearing sunset, for the days of Frostfall are short, very short. Yes, the shadows are already deepening, the crags of the mountains are painted with burnished ebony, the snow glittering with golden light from the falling sun. The snow is not thick here, but regardless I sweep it away with one ebony wings that flares sparkling white in the sunshine.

I clear a small area beneath two twin pines, near the pool the Earth God visits on occasion, and plant myself here, black legs seeming to connect to the earth. "You can rest here if you like, under my legs, and I'll keep you warm. If you have any questions, you may ask and not fear anything, Nayati." I give her a tender caress with my muzzle. Little Nayati.

""

SVETLANA
the StormChaser

[Image: white-feather2.jpg]

Image Credit

Nayati Posts: 116
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 14.3hh :: four years
Rathunax :: Common Red Dragon :: Shock Breath cailyn

Nayati
you show me how to see that nothing is whole and nothing is broken

Spindly legs had not stopped since the moment they had been nudged up and into motion. Svetlana was an adult with the stride of one to match, but Nayati had not wavered in her determination to stay by her side. All the while her mind had swirled with thought, gazing trustingly at the snowy colored savior every once in a while. Already Nayati was feeling her love attaching to Svetlana like an invisible ribbon. Such a powerful mare, Nayati could tell strength better than she could the weather after hiding away from punishing blows. Even with this strength to her aid, Svetlana had been soft and kind in ways Nayati had never experienced. The little filly would follow her to the ends of the earth for this simple act of kindness and protection. This showed plainly in her ruby chocolate eyes every time her eyes would lift to look at the ebony eyes.

The toil had taken its toll from her maliciously, but Nayati would continue on until she collapsed if it meant Svetlana would love her and continue to speak so softly. Every step had pushed liquid life from the more gruesome wounds, the one that troubled her most being along her right flank, making walking hard. Snow had cooled the blood along her legs and numbed them from pain, but they were still red and obvious on her thin legs. Little head drooped and tiny chest trembled as her lungs tightened painfully, objecting the cold weather. Wheezing coughs appeared in short bursts that rattled her frame, but her eyes never lost the adoring look in them for Svetlana. By the time she announced their arrival, Nayati was exhausted and dizzied. Even so she smiled innocently up at the pegasus, never having felt so strongly in her gratitude.

The shadows have lengthened and as the minutes tick by it grows steadily colder, yet there is much less snow here protected by the mountains. Nayati was relieved knowing she wouldn't have to push her entire body through drifts of snow up to her neck. Nayati watches both in awe and curiosity as a black wing sweeps the snow away to reveal deadened earth. Looking back up at her words, shaken with the intensity of the love she felt for Svetlana as she whispered quietly into her ears. Nickering softly, unable to find words, and reaching her neck up as tall as she could to press her tiny muzzle to the dark gray of the beautiful doll.

Thin legs tremble as she moves and sinks low to the ground beneath Svetlana. Curling around one of her legs, feeling small in this great big world she had seen so little of. It normally would have frightened her or incurred another panic attack, but Svetlana's presence had chased away every demon and cackling shadow that normally would have her slipping into delirium with panic. Permission to question her is taken hesitantly, something Nayati isn't used to at all. When at last she speaks, she makes it count. "They...They like me?" Wanting to know if she would be chased away as Mother did when she wished to play with the other foals. Hoping that this herd Svetlana spoke of wouldn't prejudice her in the same way.

the rose shadows said that they loved the sun, but they also loved the dark, 
where their roots grew through the lightless mystery of the earth. the roses said: you do not have to choose. 

Svetlana Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

I watched worried, as she coughed, and let my eyes walk over the wound upon her white flank. Where was Poppy? Gods, I hope she was somewhere around here. This little doll needed to be healed. Right away! Immediately! No youngling should need to suffer wounds of an unfair uphill battle, and that is exactly what she was suffering from. Eyes glance around, and I take in the sight of snow and the few gnarled bushes around. Hmm. I was distracted as she asked me if they would like her, yet I pulled myself together to answer. "Yes Nayati, they like you. One second, little one, I'm going to see if I can perhaps help your wounds a bit." I give one little puff on her head, and trot a few feet away, my lips gently plucking a few leaves from the bush. Next, I scrape away at the snow, collecting a hoof-sized amount, and carry these back to Nayati.

"The snow's going to be cold, sweetheart, but I have to clean the wounds, okay? It'll feel better after, and I can tell you a story if you want." I crouch down beside her, black forelegs bending underneath me. My muzzle, wet with white powder, brushes on the soft white stuff, and I chew up the bush leaves, spitting out the poultice onto the appaloosa's shoulder. As a soldier, basic first aid had been essential to us, and I still remembered much of it, hence the leaves and the snow. The snow would clean out the wound, while the leaves would stopper the bleeding and remove infection, plus helping to stop any heat escaping through the wounds. After healing her, I curled my hindlegs under me, wrapping my body around my baby.

"Would you like to hear a story, my brave little girl?"

SVETLANA
the StormChaser

[Image: white-feather2.jpg]

Image Credit

Nayati Posts: 116
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 14.3hh :: four years
Rathunax :: Common Red Dragon :: Shock Breath cailyn

Nayati
you show me how to see that nothing is whole and nothing is broken

Weak lungs had always been a part of her life and Nayati wasn't bothered by it. She didn't notice Svetlana's concern, instead making sure she breathed shallowly in order to still the rattling. Sighing softly and letting her eyes droop a little, tired. Listening with the attention she could muster. Only snapping to awareness when Svetlana began to walk away. Struggling halfway up on her legs with a cry of protest. Panic in her eyes. Was Svetlana leaving her? Her words register but Nayati remains standing for a few moments just in case. Sinking back to her knees when the pegasus came back.

The little doll nodded bravely at her warning. Of it helped the pain she would do it. Even if it didn't she would- it Svetlana told her to do anything shed try her hardest to do it. Nayati twisted painfully onto her side to allow Svetlana better access, clinging to the idea of a story. The poultice doesn't sting and Nayati relaxed briefly. Perhaps this wouldn't be so bad. Quickly wanting to take it back when the snow touched her heated wounds. Little hooves twitchig as she refrained from moving away, mizzensail pursed and teeth clenched to make sure she didn't make a sound. Relaxing only when the mare was finished. Curling up close against Svetlana and letting her eyes droop again. Feeling more drained than before. "Yes...please..." sighing it out softly. Baser instincts told her not to fall asleep but her mind cooed at her that it would be alright. Wanting to hear the story she blinked hard to keep herself awake.

the rose shadows said that they loved the sun, but they also loved the dark, 
where their roots grew through the lightless mystery of the earth. the roses said: you do not have to choose.