the Rift

Do you think any horse could truly cheat death? [Open/Gryffindor]

Tribute Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Tribute pricked his ears as he and Gryffindor came to the center of Frostbreath Steppe. He felt alive against the bleak color of the snow and ice. He merged into it so that any passing horse would have only seen the black figure of Gryffindor,and not known about Tribute being there, except the the sent of horse. He could move with complete invisibility,and no sound. He treated his color as a gift. The gift of invisibility. Is what he would call it. He choose to use his power now.

Gryffindor had halted,and was looking out into the distance and what was around him. Tribute didnt stop where Gryffindor was. He made his way silently to a hill. Snow was blowing down hard now. He could see Gryffindor clearly against the snow. He wondered about what he would be thinking. When he came to the top of the hill he called to Gryffindor. Gryffindor flicked his head up and looked in the direction of the call. Tribute raised himself onto his back legs as his front legs went up in the air. He was almost vertical. Gryffindor didn't seem to see him so he called to him again,this time with a flash of his horn. A blinding light appeared as the stallion kicked his front hoofs about in the air. He looked pure wild and free.

His front hoofs came down, barley making a sound as they hit the ground. He watched Gryffindor pricking his ears,he seemed to see him now. Tribute hung his head low and nickered gently. "Gryffindor. Do you think any horse could truly cheat death?" He knew his question would be hard to answer. He would ask Gryffindor every winter when he was a colt and the great winged stallion would not replay. Would he know? Or would he wait until another time?

Gryffindor Posts: N/A
Unregistered

Gyrffindor saw Tribute along the hillside, only just though, as his coat blended in so well with the snow. It was like Tribute could turn invisible, just like that, but it was different in the summer. Gryffindor could see him clearly at that time and if it was a dark night Gryffindor could hide in the darkness, and no one would see him. That was his favourite time, the night, as he could hide away from everything. He felt like he was a nocturnal horse, one of a kind. But he is one of a kind, they both were. They were like brothers.

As Gryffindor walked closer to Tribute, his face got clearer and clearer, until Gryffindor could see the expression on his face. He was smiling, but deep in his eyes, Gryffindor could see how deep in thought he was.

Suddenly, Tribute gently spoke out "Gryffindor. Do you think any horse could truly cheat death?"

Gryffindor was stunned, he had not heard that question in a while. Tribute used to ask him every winter. A horrible sickly feeling developed in the bottom of Gryffindors stomach, he didn't know how to answer. He knew the truth, but just could not speak it. For he knew what most horses he came across didn't. But this was his best friend, his brother, and he would not let him down again...

Tribute Posts: N/A
Unregistered
Tribute waited for a replay with pricked ears. He cocked his head to one side as he looked into the wise eyes of Gryffindor as he stepped closer. He knew that the wiser out of the two was Gryffindors. He always had been,it was one thing that would never change. He knew,if Gryffindor did not speck,there would be a reason. There must be. But yet he wouldn't be able to keep the question out of his mind. I wonder what it would be like to be at the end of a battle,lying in a pool of blood,still being pelted by hoofs of a merciful horses-only to survive? Now that would be truly cheating death.

Snow was still tumbling around them both. Gryffindor now had a thin layer of snow settling on his back like a layer of white dust. On Tribute you couldn't tell there was snow on him because of his colour but he could feel the cold sting of the silent flakes falling upon him. He gave a little buck,snow tumbling of his back. His mane and tail flew about in free whisps. If he could be seen by other horses he would of looked spectacler. A truly free stallion,still young-ready to take on the world alongside his brother.

Convinced he wasn't going to get a answer this year,he gulped down his disappointment and forced a smile,thinking about what to say,or do next.
He shifted about awkwardly. He was sure this time he would tell his this time. Sure. But he was wrong. And it wasn't the first time eaither. He shifted his weight from one side to the other,resting his back right leg on the ground and nickered slightly. "So what do you want to do now Gryffindor? Go for a gallop? Find a herd and cause some trouble? Or find other horses? I do not mind." He loved to cause trouble. To be feared but loved and respected at the same time. And he couldn't wait to see what he and his brother could get into.

Gryffindor Posts: N/A
Unregistered

Gryffindor watched as Tribute stood there, waiting for an answer, then Tribute spoke and started to change the subject. Gryffindor knew that Tribute was disappointed, and that was not going to happen, not now. Not ever.

"Wait..." Gryffindor spoke, "I will tell you if you really want to know...".Tribute looked eagerly into Gryffindors eyes. Gryffindor felt like he could not fail to tell him, and he didn't...

"Tribute...I...When I was little, my mother once told me of a power, a power so great, that it could keep anyone alive, and, well. I knew where it was and how to find it, i just never went there. Tribute, will you come with me?" .

From that day, they we're determined to find this power.