the Rift

Oh Honey, I'm Home! (Ktulu, open)

Djinn Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Djinn

No one rejects, dislikes, or avoids pleasure itself, because it is pleasure.

The Deep Forest, Ophelia had said. Indeed, the forest was deep and vast, and in the eyes of the gray unicorn it didn't look very different from the one he had met the little blood-stained mare in.
Preferably he would have followed in her shadow after the conversation at the place called Threshold ended, but the way she had spoken of this place ignited a curiosity that almost overruled the one he felt when gazing into her oddly colored eyes. That, and he had agreed to join her band of mercs, and as such he should probably do some meet and greet and get into the ropes of things before playing around.

Nose to the ground and eyes focused in the distance, the massive stallion plowed through the forest with a speed that would have sent many others stumbling over roots, bouncing into trees and overall make a heck of a ruckus. Not Djinn. He was silent as he walked, eerily so, and despite the trees that stood close by one another he never veered, never took a step out of his way to move around a tree. Instead he slipped through them, immaterial as a ghost and just as unconcerned about physical things. He didn't have to stop and think about it, it was a second nature - no, it was his nature. In a nutshell. Straight, blunt and to the point, with plenty of surprised hiding under the surface.

Anyway, the Gray was awfully hard to find, weren't they. He snorted where he went, finding it intriguing how a band of horses could disappear in the woods without leaving a trace. Couldn't be a large group yet - especially since they were still recruiting. The little lady dove had seemed quite pleased at his acceptance of the offer too, so perhaps they were even pressed for people.

Soon giving up the attempts to track people he had never met, the demon-eyed stallion slowed down into a halt, neck raising under a cascade of inky tresses. Scrubbing a shoulder against a tree, he considered the options. He could continue like this, running around like a fool in search for people who didn't want to be found, he could give up and slip away, letting Ophelia come and find him when he was needed. Or... a mischievous grin spread over shadowed lips. He'd make them come to him.

He took a deep breath, stepped away from the tree, and suddenly let out a deep, rumbling shout in the most obvious, blatantly revealing way he could accomplish.

"OH HONEY, I'M HOME! WHAT'S FOR DINNER, I'M STARVING. BY THE WAY, OPHELIA SENT ME HERE, AND I'M BLOODY TIRED OF SEARCHING. COME OUT COME OUT WHEREVER YOU ARE!"

Then he settled back again, leaning casually against a tree with a content smirk, waiting for the people to start dropping in. Even if it was just one or two, it'd be a start.

Nor is there anyone who loves or pursues or desires to obtain pain of itself, because it is pain.

Ktulu the Constrictor Posts: 509
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 70.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Eytan :: Grizzly Bear :: Terrorize ali

K T U L U         

i'm a slave and i am a master

no restraints and unchecked collectors

Eytan was growing quickly and because of that he began venturing farther and farther from Ktulu's sight, but he was always connected with her mentally. She saw what he saw and she felt what he felt. The joy he felt from running through the forest and the pride he felt at making his first kill she shared in. The curiosity he felt upon seeing a large, pale stallion slipping through trees she felt tenfold. Ktulu recognized the area of the forest that Eytan had followed the stallion to and so she was on her way, quietly picking her way through the trees.

His voice rang out some time later, causing Ktulu's ears to slip back against her head and nearly disappear into her white mane. A loudmouth, how she loathed them. Why had Ophelia sent him? out of everyone that entered the Threshold? Already Ktulu wanted very little to do with the stallion and she hadn't even spoken with him yet.

Eytan remained hidden in the scraggly bushes, watching the stallion with a mixture of uncertainty, curiosity, and dislike, one of the emotions he had picked up from Ktulu. Seconds later she materialized from the darkness of the forest and stood facing the pale stallion. He was an impressive size and thickly muscled, but Ktulu was far from impressed based upon his actions.

"You are 'bloody tired' of searching because you are lazy." Her head lifted and she eyed the stallion as he stood there. "And you lack conviction. If you truly wanted to find us you would." She was making an awful lot of assumptions, but that mattered very little to her because she was pointing out what she had seen. "What the hell do you want?"

Credits

Icon by Tay

Unregistered
Djinn

Bingo. Right off the bat, a dark figure appeared from the thick of the forest, a mare cloaked in shadow and moonlight with a horn dipped in a bloody red hue. The redness of the eyes reminded him of Ophelia, only this woman held none of the ladylike features of her sister. For surely this must be her, the other leader of of the Gray; his superior, apparently, and someone who appeared non too impressed by his methods.

It wasn't like he really cared about her opinion though. The lazy smile remained on the lips as she spoke to him, flinging insults into his face. With casual stride the stallion pushed away from the tree and walked in a narrow circle around the black-coated unicorn, brazenly studying her as if he was the commander and she the new recruit; when he came up on her other side he almost gently arched the neck, snaked the head forward and slipped the clue-tinted crystal horn in below her neck, attempting to press it against her throat.

"You've got an awful lot of opinions there, don't you" he said sweetly, so kindly, as if he was offering a compliment. It was only the gleam of the demonic eyes that hinted how unamused he was, and how little he'd regret spilling her blood. "And here I was, thinking how nice it'd be of me to give you a hand, join your cause for a while and lend you my talents in the way of murder... Because that's what you do, right? The Gray, walking the path of twilight in pursuit of outlaws and disposable people."

A broad shoulder attempted to press against hers, warm and sturdy; a sudden shove could push the lady a bit to the side, at the same time as he withdrew the spear and returned her personal space by moving away. The whole atmosphere around the brute changed almost instantly, a mischievous wink at the red-eyed mercenary played the entire scene off as a prank.
"Just kidding. Relax, will ya? You'll get wrinkled prematurely if you keep frowning like that. Sure, I'm lazy, but I don't see how that is necessarily a bad thing. I get my jobs done quickly precisely because of that. So what do you say, could you find it in your heart to make use of this weapon that's been offered to you?"

If not.. Well, he could always keep his promise to Ophelia some other way. The DemonEye stuck to his word, and since he'd promised to join the Gray and watch her back, he'd make sure that happened. One way or another...

[ooc: Hope this was okay with you. If you think I crossed a line to powerplay, tell me and I'll edit right away.]

Nor is there anyone who loves or pursues or desires to obtain pain of itself, because it is pain.

K T U L U         

"And you've got an awful lot of attitude." Ktulu said stiffly as the stallion began to circle around her like he was the master and she a slave. Her muscles tensed and rippled under her dark coat, her ears remaining pinned back against her head as she listened to him. The more he spoke the more she disliked him and wondered what Ophelia was thinking by sending him to her. Obviously her sister was not as observant as she had thought she was to allow such a ridiculously pitiful excuse for a stallion dupe her.

"And stupidity." Ktulu added when the stallion pointed the tip of his horn to her neck. Her own head lowered so the tip of his horn did not rest against her throat and the tip of her own horn was pointed at his blue and black eye. "Your arrogance will be the death of you, Stallion." She promised. He was one that she did not want in her group. He would be one to cause problems, she was sure. Would he be able to follow orders he was given?

No, she doubted it.

Eytan finally burst from the scraggly bushes he'd been hiding in, his sharp teeth flashing as he roared in a surprisingly fearsome way considering his young age.

The moment his shoulder pressed against her own Ktulu steeled herself against the coming shove. She forced her own weight back against him, her teeth grinding together as he suddenly told her to relax and act as if he had been kidding around with her. She did not take lightly to joking, especially when it threatened her own physical well being. Eytan did not take kindly to it, either, and as he passed Djinn he bit at the stallion's lower legs before positioning himself at his bonded's side.

Ktulu's temper had always been one that was fierce and the pale stallion had pushed her beyond her limit very quickly. It was quite sudden that she released her magic on the stallion and ceased the intake of oxygen into his lungs. "Let's get a few things straight." Her voice was nearly a whisper, but was threatening all the same. "If you touch me again I will not hesitate to kill you. If you touch my sister, hurt her or my son, I will kill you, but not before you experience true agony and beg for your death. And if you think your services are a gift to us you are sadly mistaken. There are plenty with your size and qualifications that could replace you in a hearbeat." And if he wished for that heartbeat to continue he would tread lightly around her, for she had very little patience for childish antics and stupidity.

Even with her speech finished she did not relinquish her grip on her magic, for she wanted to witness the stallion fall to the ground and lay helpless and gasping for a breath that would not come until she allowed it to. Imagining it made the mare grin in a very dark, twisted manner. She had fell stallions twice his size, but it always felt good to put an arrogant ass in his place. "Do I make myself perfectly clear?"

ooc:// permission for magic use from chan c:

Credits

Icon by Tay

Unregistered
Djinn

"Something's gotta do the job" he retorted unconcerned, "and I'd rather have myself alone to blame than to leave behind a grudge I can't settle." Though being a ghost might have its perks. He'd always been curious to see what the other side of life looked like; perhaps the perpetual recklessness with which he leaped into the unknown was simply an expression of his wish to find out for himself.

His attention slipped for a moment as something small, brown and not so cuddly came charging from a nearby bush; the shove with the shoulder was countered and created nothing but a rather harmless bump before the two bodies separated, he grinning and she not very amused at all. Chuckling at the attack of the overgrown furcap the large gray stallion easily avoided the teeth by simply sidestepping with the hind legs, pivoting around the front and allowing the bear to slip past without hitting or receiving retaliation. How cute. Quite adorable, how that little munchkin tried to help out, thinking it would be a match for him. Djinn didn't enjoy killing small things though, so he let it pass unharmed and returned the attention to Ktulu, face pulled into a smug smirk that surely would have made even the calmest person grit their teeth in annoyance.

And the crimson-eyed undistressed damsel clearly wasn't the calmest person out there.

He didn't even know that his luck had run out until he tried to take a breath and found that nothing happened. A slight twitch of an ear was the only initial reaction, he made himself relax and tried again, thinking it might have been only his imagination. Again. He could feel air rushing into the lungs, but the feeling of being out of breath didn't cease. Slowly the smirk began to die away from the lips, replaced by a frown. Why? Why was he incapable of breathing, all of a sudden? There was no explanation to find in the area, there was only forest and the bear cub and... His eyes snapped back to the black unicorn, hauntingly blue eyes against a backdrop of midnight widened as he realized that she must be the cause of it.

She spoke, and as much as he wanted to ignore the words it was a hard thing to do; whispered with a voice low as death she delivered her opinions to his unwilling ears, all while black dots began to dance before his eyes. Touchy, wasn't she?

It was not the time to be joking around, however. The choke-hold on his lungs was relentless and strength soon began to leave his body. Strong legs felt weak, and as they began to give in he stumbled to the side, leaning against the trunk of a tree in order to keep on his feet. Panic began to set in despite a frenetic attempt at keeping it away - it wasn't going to help, he didn't want to have to listen to a black-coated bitch with eyes of blood and no humor, who the hell had given her the right to command him around... oh, right. He had. Fuck, no way to get out of that one...
Thoughts spiraled through his head, the grip on his own magic that often tended to make him able to touch things rather than pass through them slipped. He crashed to the side as his body became immaterial, slipping through the trunk of the tree as easy as a heated knife cuts through butter, eyes rolling back into the head as consciousness began to slip away.

What was that.. words? About understanding something, being perfectly clear.. Right, the bitch had kept talking all this time, standing over him like a fucking retard and ogling his struggle. Whatever, he'd agree to anything as long as air returned into his lungs soon. Black tresses slithered and coiled over the snow as Djinn nodded fervently, gasping for air. Fucking cur, she'd pay for this one day. He'd play along for now but when she'd least expect it... She was a fool if she thought something like this would make him submit.

Myrddin Posts: 115
Deceased
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17 :: Old
Aud

The Forest had been quiet. For what felt like days, it had been silent. Myrddin had wandered here from the Steppe - quiet a distance, since his incident. The last thing that he saw, was a colt, and a dog. Then suddenly...nothing. He had called out to them - asking who it was who inflicted this pre-mature blindness on him, but there was no response. They would go unpunished, it seemed. So the old stallion had walked. And walked. Long gashes covered his lower legs, evidence of repeated trips and falls. His white sides were now dingy and covered with grime, not to mention a few larger and more serious cuts. Prior to being blinded, Myr's joints ached on the best of days - his arthritic body constantly telling him to give up living, and just lay down and die. But he had found ways to soothe his aching joints - wading into freezing water was often his favourite. Now however, each step burned not only within his joints, but outside as well.

Myrddin had ceased his relentless voyage to no-where, deep in the forest, where the depth of the tree's protected him somewhat from the bitter end of FrostFall. Now however, a new sound reached his large moose-like ears. Someone was up ahead. Two someone's, by the sound of it. Myrddin was not normally the seek-out-and-make-friends type, but given his current condition, he had no choice. He only knew a few souls here in Helovia, and was blinded almost immediately after he had arrived, leaving him little time to memorize the landscape. He really was blind to this land. The God's had already ignore his call for aid, and so the inhabitants of the land, were his only hope. It was for these reasons, that Myrddin began plodding towards the noise ahead.

Being long-limbed and infused with graceful Unicorn blood, Myrddin was usually a light-stepper. Now though, without his sight, he sounded like an elephant stomping through the forest. His head was raised high, to avoid banging into anything head-first. His long legs first stretched out, ensuring the path was clear, then crashed down as his perception of depth faded away. He could sense that he was now close - could hear a female voice, and another gasping for breath. His ears swivelled as he turned a blind gaze to where Djinn had fallen to the ground. His nostrils flared, as his large milky eyes gazed sightlessly around, ending up just to the left of where Ktulu stood. He looked utterly pathetic - his coat seemed to hang on his boney frame which, given his tall frame, looked skeletal, and even the shadows of the forest seemed to slip off of him, as if he wasn't even worth covering.

His lower lip trembled, as if he were about to say something. But what was there to say? Who are you? Irrelevant. What's going on? Who cares Help me? But would they..?

Myr stumbled forward again, walking with the same half-prance half-stomp method of detecting what was in front of him. His path would take him a few feet to the right of Ktlulu. As he jetted a leg out and brought it down, it struck a rock, throwing him off-balance. Stumbling to the left he blindly tried to steady himself.

[OOC: At this point, if Ktu doesn't move, he'll knock into her. But feel free to push or trip him, or just move and let him fall. xD]

Hototo Posts: 96
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 17.2hh :: 3 years
Boom Boom!
HOTOTO</style>
   HE WHO IS BRAVE IS FREE.</style>

I have always been a peaceful child.

Even the violence that mother displayed was either shunned or unnoticed by my conscious mind, though it can hardly be construed that I was naive to her temperment after these months of being at her side. Still, from the bushes, I watched the display of this foreign body with quiet intrigue. I had been playing hide and seek with Bear only moments before, and then, the ugly racket caused by that pale form stole both of our attention. In the shadows of the trees we watched the display intently. Mother held her head proudly as she talked to the young buck with a serpent's tongue. I found myself disliking someone for the first time.

All of this was even before the stallion began to circle mother like some sort of awful predator, and a great fear grew in my chest. My breath slowed, heart beat like a drum in my chest. I could feel the snow at my feet even as my bicolored eyes widened in shock. His horn sliding through the air, finding its way snaked against my mother's throat. My breath released suddenly in what was an ugly sort of sound, a warrior's cry from such small lungs, but somehow booming as it resonated off of the trees and the pebbles and the twigs. A great rumbling in the earth began before my hooves even set their path.

I was born crooked, but my legs were nearly straight now. My muscles had grown immensely in the months of traveling I had undertaken in my mother's care. The horns, once small, grew in thick spirals which waxed more and more each day. I was not a weak child; I had just never had a reason to reveal my strength before.

My pale mane flew in small tendrils behind me, tail unwinding too, even as the earth began to shake more rapidly with the sound of my angry cry. The bushes ruffled out of my way and I shot liike an arrow, albeit slightly uncoordinated, toward the stallion who thought to hurt my beloved mother. I lowered my ram horns and set my course directly for the stilts he called legs. Either the impact would hit or not, but soon my momentum slowed and I found myself on the opposite side of my mother, whirling around to look vehemently at the cheeky boy who shoved her. "Don't hurt my mother," I say, brutishly, and the earth slowly begins to still. Were it not for the dislodged snow from the dead branches of trees, as well as some of the weaker limbs that had fallen to the ground, the small earthquake might have been a dream.

I look directly at the pale blue eyes of this stallion now, and do not even notice as my mother moves gracefully around, or the speech she gives to him, like chiding a child. It wasn't until he began to stumble to the side that I looked toward her, noticing the intense focus of her face. She was strangling him. Somehow, I knew this, but I dare not question why mother chose to do so. I suppose she was right in doing such, the way he had so casually threatened her. Mother had no need for my protection, but I hers. Still, I couldn't help but look a little saddened, even before the old man stumbled in to the scene.

What was going on here?
""

Stock Providers: Horse, Wings, and Background.

K T U L U         

The sudden shaking of the ground beneath her hooves was startling at first, but Ktulu quickly righted herself and allowed her magic to do its work. Even as Hototo moved to stand next to her and threatened the stallion she was facing she paid him no mind. All of her concentration was on Djinn, focusing on the oxygen that had been banished from his lungs. He sagged against one of the trees and there was a very mild sense of satisfaction felt deep within the mare. Only when he crashed through the tree he was leaning against and began writhing on the ground did that satisfaction grow more tangible. He would learn, if he wanted to be a part of her warriors he would not threaten her.

Another arrived on the scene, she could see him from the corner of her eye. A pale white stallion who looked as if he had seen better days. His arrival didn't make Ktulu's punishment stop, for he looked confused and bewildered about what was going on. Her concentration was effectively broken when the old stallion tripped and stumbled into her. Ktulu gritted her teeth together and turned on the white stallion, ready to punish him just as she had the younger colt, but her fury was quickly doused by the helpless look on his face and the milkiness of his eyes.

Poor blind fool.

Delicate black ears tilted back as she turned her bloody gaze on Djinn. "Cross the line again." She warned him. "I'll take away more than just your ability to breathe." Ktulu then looked at the white stallion and her son in turn. She gave Hototo a stern look and motioned with her head for him to move into the forest with bear, who had already taken off toward the trees. "Come, old timer." She said before nudging the white stallion in the direction she wanted to go. There was no way she would leave him with the arrogant ass that had collapsed on the ground or leave him to flounder through the woods on his own. He was already on his way to starving to death. She nudged Myrddin again before she set off toward the trees.

Credits

Icon by Tay

Unregistered
Djinn

It clearly wasn't his day today. It had begun so well, but somewhere along the line the slippery slope he always treaded had started to slide away beneath the feet, laving him scrambling for traction among a torrent of debris, mud and the kind of filth that was more commonly known as pride.
He had to admit that it was mostly his own fault. Sometimes he benefited from the reactions of his sharp tongue, but situations like these were surprisingly common. Where he lay sprawled across the forest floor with muddy snow rubbing into the otherwise so neat coat and needles tangling into the long hair, gasping for breath and watching the story of life pass before his inner vision, the demon-eyed stallion had to wonder why everyone always took things so seriously. When did the people of the world loose their sense of humor? Albeit not always so twisted and morbid as his own, jokes should have been a more common thing, smiles more plentiful. Instead, time after time he found himself faced with glaring faces, backstroked ears and that typical roll of the eyes that revealed how idiotic people found him.

If they only knew how comical he found this situation, beneath the immediate fear of death and anger towards the merciless mare who forced him to feel it. So much for dignity. So much for being a cold-hearted, effective killer when women and children so easily could bring him to his knees and stood laughing over him. Really. He was hurting Ktulu? If he hadn't been so short on breath Djinn would have laughed at the words of the colt, who had managed to shake both his footing and perceived view of the world with the reckless attack and unsettling reaction of the earth to his anger. Who was hurting whom, honestly? Besides, if he had intended to kill the black mare she would have been dead now. He wouldn't have shouted to gain her attention, exchanged words with her or played hooky in an attempt to show off his skills. He wouldn't have spoken to her silver sister, sworn to aid and protect, follow orders or even made his own presence known. A silent horn in depth of night, a stab followed by nothing except silence... No, Ktulu had nothing to fear from him, even when he wasn't at the mercy of her mental powers.

That a blind stallion stumbling onto the scene would be his savior was really too much to take. Only half-conscious, the moment his lungs managed to take up oxygen once more the stallion began to laugh, breathless and a tad hysterical where he sprawled on the ground. The massive ribcage heaved, he coughed and chortled even as the lady took the family and began to walk away from him, dropping off a few snapping lines for good measure. As if he cared.

"I'll keep that in mind, sarge" he leered after her between spasms, grinning like a madman. Wet mud and snow stained the side of the body, neck, face and legs as he rolled up, trembling legs struggling to carry his weight. Ah, the taste of defeat was always so bitter. "T'was a real pleasure making your acquaintance. Until next time then?" And may your tail fall off, mix with the grass you eat and choke you from the inside. He'd look forward to collect her corpse, when that day came.

Myrddin Posts: 115
Deceased
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17 :: Old
Aud
 Myrddin</style>

Voices. There were suddenly more voices.

Myrddin first heard Hototo; a voice which sounded young. Then again, almost everyone was young compared to Myr. But this voice was young, not just in comparison. Don't hurt my mother The voice commanded, simultaneously as he fell. Was it the branch which had tripped him? Or did he just feel the earth suddenly begin to move...? His mind had no time to reconcile the chain of events which caused him to stumble into Ktulu, he simply felt her muscular form as it broke his fall. He did however, briefly pause to consider how refreshing it was to fall into something which was not rocky, or sharp. Ktulu's hide did not pierce his pelt and cause him to bleed, although by the sounds of the youngling at her side, and the beast she was currently inflicting pain upon, this was not out of the question.

I'll take away more than your ability to breathe Fascinating. He had known demons with a similar ability, although they were able to literally go into the souls of others and choke away their life force, yet this creature seemed to have her own way of managing. Inwardly, he approved of this dark power that she possessed. If time permitted, he would be very interested in discussing it further; but she seemed to have other plans for him: Come, old timer She instructed, physically reiterating her words with a gentle guiding prod. He gauged by where she touched him that she was shorter than he, but still quite tall for a mare.

He stayed close to her; the forest was full of branches and mounds which had caused him many falls. He listened to the way her body moved through the tree's, his large moose-like ears capturing the sounds she made - the distance between the rise and fall of her hooves. In his minds-eye, he envisioned depth and distance based on the sounds that Ktulu was making - which, for the size of mare he estimated her to be, was actually very little.

"My thanks to you, Lady Sai. And my apologies". He muttered appreciatively, but sounding like giving-thanks was not something he was normally accustomed to do. His voice sounded like an amplified whisper - still course and airy, but still loud enough.