Mare :: Equine :: 17.1 :: 9
Adoptable
PSYCHE was sought.

Mirror mirror on thy wall
Fluff.
Opposite of thy night so dark
Psyche is black.
Reflect thee snow glistening fair
Psyche's 'reflection'- daughter- is named Sno.
Hear thy call of silver wishes
Psyche is described as very eloquent speaker- 'silver-tongued'.
And see thee war turn to peace
Fluff. Also vague reference to participation in the Qian invasion.
Harken the mirror on thee wall
Fluff.

6 lines - 6 years. Psyche is six years old.

Lena the Songbird Posts: 663
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 4 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Imogen :: Common Kitsune :: Fire Heather
I think there are 2 solid clues here, and there needs to be 3.

The aforementioned clues are Sno's line and 6 overall lines to reflect her age.

I have a really difficult time understanding "opposite of thy night so dark" - because the opposite of night/dark would be light/white. Nor do I think "silver wishes" qualifies as "silver-tongued". And I don't believe Psyche would want war turned to peace.

It was well thought-out, but needs to be a bit more solid. I would fail this. :3

Tor Posts: 197
World's Edge Nurse
Mare :: Equine :: 17.1 :: 9
Adoptable
Okay, good to know :D War to peace is pretty vague, but it was mostly meant to be not important anyways, which could be misleading as well I suppose.

Mirror mirror on thy wall

When I made these lines, I considered them to be read in regards to the mirror. So when you're saying 'mirror mirror on the wall etc etc', I meant it as 'mirror mirror on the wall, opposite of the night so dark, is the reflection of snow so white.' :3 Thank you for the feedback!

Aaron Posts: 260
World's Edge Protector atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 6 Years HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alanna :: Common Hellhound :: Energy Drain Emily
Pass :)

I feel there was enough clues given to lead to Psyche, as i thought of her first when i read this. Nicely done Elope
Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo
I'm not going to neither fail nor pass, just offer my two cents.

When you explained the "opposite..." lines it made sense, but in the original poem it did not pull through, grammatically/sense-wise.
Silver-wishes I think was a good line.

And some general thoughts about 'fluff' (not all related to this poem):
in a few stealths on here, I've seen fluff used in ways that make it utterly unfair. I've seen things that are totally unrelated to the character being sought, or completely opposite, and then explained as "oh it's just fluff". This stealth did not have a major case of this: only the 'war to peace'. In this case, it's something that goes completely against Psyche's nature and is thus too important to our thought process to be validly written off as 'fluff'. Fluff is more akin to "mirror mirror on the wall", as any fluff line containing facts will be taken into consideration when we process a stealth, looking for clues. Yes, "mirror mirror on the wall" can be a ref to twins, but it is also a valid fluff line.
Or, misleading but making it too major: talking about the sky when going after a character named after a bird, thus misleading to Pegasus, works. In this case "war to peace" doesn't work as misleading either, for the same reasons above. It's too radically different to apply.
If you had said "Qian invasion" first and not "fluff", I would've been happier; the relatively war-based Edge got kicked off by hippies, which would've been a valid (and good) history ref.

In general I've begun to see a lot of contradicting information in regards to the target, and seen it explained off as "fluff" or "misleading". Which corrupts the poem, as we have no idea what clues are real or not. I agree it is a hard balance between too obvious and too vague, and I'm no master stealther myself, but as leader for long times at various points in this system's history, I've read a lot of stealths. The ones that go through are eventually the ones that make you ponder a long time and then guess wrong, but when revealed make perfect sense and you wonder "omg why didn't I think of this?"

I think it'd be good for everyone to keep in mind that the readers of the stealths have no idea which clues are "real" or not, and throwing too many nonsensical/contradiction "fluff/misleading" lines is just going to be like punching a hole in your own boat. Unless your clue towards a certain thing (for example I once made a stealth where I used "go back to the empty quarter" as clue for dragon's throat, and if you google "empty quarter" it's the rub' al khali desert, throat = deserty) shows up on the first page in google, don't use it. If we google it and find nothing relevant, it's void - we don't know who you're after, after all, and you're trying to tell us without making it too obvious. :)

Sorry Elope for hijacking this thread I should probably post this in comments as well :x
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

NPC Posts: 298
User-based Random Event
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Fail

Opposite of thy night so dark led to a light colored horse, as it was the OPPOSITE of a dark night, which is associated with black. As far as the leap from reflection to daughter, I find that a bit too much of a stretch. Your were left with two viable clues when you needed three. Nice try, though- keep at it. :)

Blu the Bootyful Posts: 443
Administrator atk: 99 | def: 99 | dam: 99
Mare :: Other :: 5'7" :: 25 HP: 99999 | Buff: TWERK
Blu
(11-23-2012, 08:09 PM)Tor Wrote: Mirror mirror on thy wall

When I made these lines, I considered them to be read in regards to the mirror. So when you're saying 'mirror mirror on the wall etc etc', I meant it as 'mirror mirror on the wall, opposite of the night so dark, is the reflection of snow so white.' :3 Thank you for the feedback!

I think your stealth was very clever, but the issue everyone has with 'opposite' despite your explanation, is that a clue should not need the solving of one above. So in any stealth the lines need not be linked so people do not take one line and use it to understand the next. Otherwise I thought that was cool :) but it causes confusions as you can see xD

Just wanted to clairfy that!
 HP: 1100

Helovia Hard Mode

Blu the Bootyful Posts: 443
Administrator atk: 99 | def: 99 | dam: 99
Mare :: Other :: 5'7" :: 25 HP: 99999 | Buff: TWERK
Blu
(11-24-2012, 01:42 PM)NPC Wrote: Fail

Opposite of thy night so dark led to a light colored horse, as it was the OPPOSITE of a dark night, which is associated with black. As far as the leap from reflection to daughter, I find that a bit too much of a stretch. Your were left with two viable clues when you needed three. Nice try, though- keep at it. :)

In the future please avoid voting with the NPC account, as it's possible the same person could use it to vote twice :3
 HP: 1100

Helovia Hard Mode