the Rift

[BASIN] Same way again, in T-i-m-e.[Open]

Arden Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
[Image: goooooooooooooooooooooolkd.png]
• Smile a bit longer; Pray a bit longer•
Arden moved with a particular sway in his step. He had already made his way through mountains in the same way he would through this forest. Around the gangly stud, the spring roared. It was an odd hum within own swiveling auds. It was nonsensical in it's sweet tune, contrasting the memories of that day that still vividly played in the brutes mind. Quin was gone. Although this much was clear after the months he'd traveled away from the place of her death, it didn't seem real at all. His rambling steps halted at a muddy patch of earth, dainty steps taken now to avoid the unnecessary mess.

A wistful sigh escaped the blokes two tone lips, before he begun walking again through the unknown trees. Ardens lofty march becoming more dignified as his mind focused on the reality of the current time. No matter what happened then, it did not matter at this moment. Attentions were fully turned to that of around him, letting mug drop to examine scents on the ground beneath him. Bearded man let out a displeased snort, lifting his gaze imediatly, and again he kept moving. He'd picked up the scents of all the races, mixed and mushed together in an unheard of way. Those days of ignorance were over. It had already become apparent to the unicorn when he decided to come here in despite of his loss. Association with others would only bring dillema...surely.

"Surely there are others here that think this way.." The tunes were spoken at a sad whisper, the lad directing his gaze upon the blue of the morning sky, visible through the towering greenery.

Psyche the DarkEmpress Posts: 380
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 8 (ages in Orangemoon) Buff: ENDURE
RayoDeSoleil

You can sleep with a gun but
When you gonna wake up and fight?
That two strangers can share a similar past is an intriguing conundrum, perhaps one that ought to be analyzed by one well-versed in such matters.

The shadow-mare was wandering, something she had not done since her ascension to the throne of the Basin. Leadership was not entirely what she had expected: instead of being able to command those she called hers, she spent her days convincing them that she was capable, that she would not leave them, that she would defend them. It was a challenge. She was not a diplomatic mare, but as the days went by she found herself learning the trade, biting her tongue rather than scoffing, offering true words rather than sarcasm, pretending interest in the most trivial matters. Truth be told, it bored her to tears. She was a militaristic mare by nature, much more comfortable on the battlefield than with her kin.

Especially when some refused to honor her beliefs.

Times like that were when she missed the FrostHeart, the rightful King. Or was he? Surely if he was meant to lead them, the Time God would have brought him to do so, despite his odd disappearance. Wasn't that what gods were for? But no - he had not appeared, and the God had named her Lady, and so had her odd journey begun. It might have been easier if she cared about being a wise, respected leader, but she did not. No, she simply required the loyalty of her court, their fealty in times of hardship as well as in times of peace. She simply wanted more pawns for her metaphorical chess board, and she found herself catering to them in order to win them over. It was his job, before, to do that sort of thing. All she had to do was direct her followers, point them in the right direction, accompany them on missions. She never had to make them like her. Until now.

A whisper snapped her out of her wandering mind. "Surely there are others here that think this way..." Well, that was certainly intriguing, wasn't it? Lobes pricked, she craned her head, peering with a keen amber gaze through the trees, particularly dense here. Ah, there! He was a tall, tawny stallion, white-marked, and with a remarkable curved horn, perhaps the longest she had seen. Perfect. She put on her best welcoming smile (an odd mixture of sugary seduction) and pushed her way through the brush. "And what way would that be, lovely?" she simpered, looking him over with an admiring gaze. Let him think her a flirt - she would prove her worth soon enough.

[W/C | ---]

Walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk."
Think think think.

Psyche
[Image: psycheicon.png]

Please feel free to tag me in all replies!
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Unregistered
Life never quite went as planned. Even the things you once thought you wanted, could be changed for the better...or for worst.

No sooner than the painted brute had spoken in own lonely tunes, were they met with a sweet sounding answer. But it was a nosy one. Not one to be easily startled, Arden turned his gaze to the intruder, golden sights squinting a bit uncomfortably as her compliment hit his auds. The flirtatious question was suspicious and uncalled for, however, it was mostly due to his view on mares so clouded with heartbreak, that he went unfazed in his judgement. "That is a notion for my own thoughts, I'm afraid." The lanky veteran of bad intentioned small talk told the mare coolly.

Arden examined her from his safe spot of distance, bowing his spindly skull ever so slightly to get a better look of her. Along with her delicate beauty, was a dangerous skilled aura, unable to be masked by her dark coat. Breath caught for a moment, wide eyes placed on the horned one with questioning, as he caught view of the accesories tied within her mane. Feathers, too large to be that of a normal bird, along with obvious teeth of an equine.

She was in fact a unicorn like himself. Indeed, he was comfortable associating with her, but it was questionable that she would hold the same view point Arden and been deciding as the best way to stay out of trouble. He'd heard of it of course, the varying opinions of Helovia, passerbys having much to tell. And in just the same way, the lad had heard of a group of horned ones, enforcing their beliefs of superiority above other races. At the time, it had made the still innocently inexperienced colt heated, but now it was what fueled him to speak to the ebony mistress in front of him of it, despite the risks it placed upon the value of Ardens secretive nature.

"Actually..if you don't mind me asking, what are your qualms on other races? " Practiced social charms being brought on to match his company. Entrance into a new land was a game to be played with caution, but the fun would never begin without boldness.

Deceased
RayoDeSoleil

"That is a notion for my own thoughts, I'm afraid." The steed's answer to her admittedly nosy question was cool, betraying no emotion. It might have offended her at an earlier date, but now, after everything she had been through, she accepted his denial as a challenge, a barrier that she would break through. She was particularly interested because she could always use more within the ranks of the secret organization of the Plague, though with the recent influx of members, she feared they were becoming less and less secretive. She would have to remind them, firmly, that they were not to speak of it without her express permission. For a moment she found herself missing Elizabeth, who, despite their best efforts, remained in the clutches of the Throat. The silver-marked mare, at least, hadn't breathed a word to outsiders, and remained steadfastly loyal to the Crux.

Her thoughts returned to the handsome stallion before her, who was again speaking, seemingly reneging on his primary instinct to shut her out. "Actually..." he began, "if you don't mind me asking, what are your qualms on other races?" He was quite straightforward, and she was impressed, though she would be considerably less so if he turned out to be one of those traitorous equalists who thought they were so high-and-mighty. "Well, dearest, I am ever so glad you asked," she purred. She would take any chance to spout her poison, degrading the other species as beneath her. She had no reservations about her opinions, and was in fact quite well known for them.

"I and mine stand far above the other species. Equines are fit for nothing but slavery, and the pegasi are simply disgusting mutants." Her words were blunt, and exceedingly harsh, perhaps, but then, so was her personality. She had had quite enough of diplomacy, having to practice it constantly within the borders of her home, but here, with none of her brethren around to hear, she could be as poorly spoken as she wished. She reveled in the freedom, extremely appreciative, for a moment, of the freedom that came outside her borders. It was a taxing job, to be the Lady of her realm, but someone had to do it, and better she than anyone else.

[W/C | ---]

Walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk."
Think think think.

Psyche

Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Unregistered
Her answer came quickly. So much in fact, that the stud nearly winced at the sudden harshness of her words. He was used to it, as the strong beliefs in self superiority were immensely evident back in his homeland. Instinct of his former innocence gave need to respond strongly, violently against the racism. Instead, Arden regained his composure with an invisible breath and blink of amber gaze, before returning it with a warm expression towards the sable queen. As if he completely agreed with her scorning sentence against the non horned, and winged equines. In truth however, the white marked buck simply decided that it was the rebellion against the ultimate truth(that the races were created differently to stay within their differences), that caused the hardship he'd faced.

There was no need to let this lass know the details of his thoughts, however. So, he'd let her believe what she liked, as with holding things always gave the option to correct, and change the assumptions of him, whether or not they were true. His bold question had been worded the same way, as he could have easily slipped through with saying that he'd heard of the group, and was worried she would think of him as the same.

"Well" Arden let calm sigh of a voice begin, as thoughts still cautiously went over what was best to say. "I'm glad to have found someone who shares in my view point, early on." A confident step forward was taken with daggers that matched citron orbs, now with a rather casual glance towards the femme a bit smaller than himself. Gangly gent dipped own poll close to hers, as if he meant to whisper into her charcoal auricle. Yet, he withdrew. Quin.. The closeness to another femme sent a sickening feeling to his stomach, and it was all Arden could do but to recline with a coldly content grimace, reflecting on his visage.

Deceased
RayoDeSoleil

She did not know of his past, nor did she need to. His words of agreement were enough to gain her approval, if not her trust. She was pleased, that he shared the views of she and her followers, and wondered if she could recruit him to stand beside her. His words were cold, but somehow lacked fervor, and she wondered if he was as vehement about his beliefs as she. He casually approached her, but his cranium fell away from her, as though avoiding closeness. It was an odd gesture, that again called into question his past; but should he grant loyalty, she would not spend too much time wondering about it.

"It seems that you are in luck, my friend," she told him with a cunning smile. "Allow me to introduce myself. I am the Lady of the Aurora Basin, Psyche the Dark Empress. My herdland is inhabited only by the horned, save for one hornless slave. I am sure you would find it most lovely, should you choose to accompany me there now. If not, you are always welcome within our borders, so long as you do not bring inferiors into our presence." The offer was there; now he had only to accept. She would recruit him for the Plague on their journey, should he accompany her; if not, it would be his loss.

[W/C | ---]

Walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk."
Think think think.

Psyche