the Rift

The banner that you wave [open]

Descaro Posts: 77
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1hh :: 8 Buff: NOVICE
imi

The venomous blizzard had finally come to an end. It's effortless bite turning into a pitiful nibble of bright white snowflakes, flicking and dancing as they fell slowly to the frozen earth. The darkened clouds heading off further into Helovia and leaving the sparse tundra with a new coating of thick cold snow. A harsh weather system but one the bulky mahogany had grown accustomed to, Descaro hardly noticed the weather and stood rather forlornly against an icy wall. Sheltering out of routine. Light peeped between scattering clouds shining down brilliantly on the glacier the warrior had decided to take shelter beside. His coat was hairy and pieces strayed along his jaw lines and his underbelly, crystal horn lighting up just like the block of ice next to him. Cloven hooves looked more regular as snow compacted between the gaps, obsidian tail chunky and damp. All in all it was a miserable day for patrol.

This land wasn't really theirs and nothing had been said about the upkeep on patrolling. Descaro did it more out of habit than anything else, heart yearning to do something more than stand around chewing on the rare bit of grass offered. Their leader was off busy somewhere, probably brooding over his losses and the momentum behind reclaiming the land was slowly being lost. The thought made his teeth clench. His proud racist belief chaffing at this lazy idleness. He hadn't even a mare to play with.

The breeze had abated and the snow finally stopping. Descaro picked up his split hooves and moved off to continue his routine patrol. Body dripping with water as the snow melted upon his back and travelled in mini rivulets down his barrel. His regimental march taking him through another arch way of incredible glacier, the sound of his walk echoing back to him as he mulled over his next route. Emerging from the small frozen hole Descaro flicked his tail and turned right, moving away from the ocean and further in land. Happy that the coast was clear and nothing lurked within the glaciers embrace.

The mountains became lest frequent as he made his way towards the far north's border with the rest of Helovia. He stopped at the invisible line and looked out across frost fall's cold picture of the land. Thick mane gently blowing in the calmer breeze, his snip seeming pinker in the wintry conditions. Pools of wonder gazing at the specks of scattered trees that formed the region of the Foothills, a land knowing peace for maybe far too long. Descaro allowed himself a deep breath, soon, Descaro, soon.

Waiting was such a boring game.

Leyra Posts: 88
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 3 years
Dark
Leyra was cautious. Her blue eyes set on the ground, her roan coat covered with snow. She worked her legs, kicking up snow as she galloped around. Her hooves slammed into the earth before springing up again. Her body worked like a giant clock. Gears grinding within her. She leapt over a thin patch of ice before skidding into a halt, almost ramming into a dark stallion. A crystal horn placed atop his head, and a pinkish snip marked his head. His body was coated in mahogany hairs dripping with melted snow. Leyra's own coat was dripping, and she hadn't taken the time to notice. Her firm horn had almost jabbed the stranger. She quickly stepped backwards."I'm sorry." She spoke with a tone of confidence mixed with the slightest hint of seductiveness. She bowed her head." I'm Leyra."Her strong neck bent down and up, following the motion of her head. She twitched her tail as it touched the frozen earth. She felt a slight attraction to the stallion before her, and tried not to show it.

Word Count:178
OOC: Yay!! Maybe Descaro will like her too! ^^
I tear my heart open, I sew myself shut
My weakness is that I care too much,
And my scars remind us the past is real
I tear my heart open, just to feel

[Image: 2jewqqh.jpg]

Outcast
imi

His brooding was cut involuntary short when a blue side almost came crashing into him. Out of reaction the bulky steed shied away from the grey horn she bared so threateningly low, his eyes bulging in surprise. As Descaro gathered his wits about him his recognized the stranger as a mare of roan and spotted qualities, her confident apology almost drawing him straight into her embrace. She was beautiful and the steed did prefer the company of mares, he let the slight incident drop and instead watched her curiously. His eyes roving over her body noting defined muscles at the traditional leonine tail of a unicorn.

She spoke her name, he'd heard it before but couldn't pin down where. Maybe in one of the old herd meetings they used to have back in the Edge days. Leyra. Pretty. One he could easily remember and he most certainly wouldn't be forgetting her in a hurry. A coy smile played on his dark lips as he introduced himself to the lovely femme who had presented herself to wildly in front of him. "I'm Descaro. Care to accompany me on my patrol, Leyra?"

His voice was smooth and cool as he angled his body away from the mare and motioned back towards the Arch. Dark pools questioning as he awaited her answer.

Deceased
Dark
Leyra nodded."Sure."She seemed as though she had seen this stallion before. But she just couldn't remember. She walked beside him, noting his cloven hooves and strong build. Her blue eyes set on him, studying him. Her heart seemed to beat insanely fast when she was near him. She hoped he wouldn't notice. He motioned to the Arch as he asked her about patrolling. She had always been up for a little bit of company.

Leyra trod beside the stallion, a smile on her soft lips. She was happy, and she felt that hole in her heart being filled in slowly by this stallion. Leyra longed for this stallion. For a family to call her own. She gazed at the stallion for a long time before realizing how weird she must look. She turned away quickly, embarrassed at her behavior.

Word Count:141(Not my best)
OOC:

Outcast
imi

Descaro watched with an amused face as Leyra took a place beside him, smiling as she looked away. She was a young thing, maybe not quite full grown nor filled out. Her seeming naivety a subtle attraction to the older steed who was busy silently congratulating himself on attracting such a beautiful confident mare. He wondered what made her so confident in the presence of an almost stranger, dark pools angled sideways to watch her every move. The snow crunching beneath his cloven hooves as he anchored right, keeping an ear out for danger or abnormalities.

The bay steed gathered up his thoughts and attempted a conversation starter now that the vibrant Leyra had grown silent. His tail lashing between his legs sending flicks of cold water up his rear end. "I faintly recognize you, have I seen you before when we unicorns once held the Edge?"

His question was honest as he voiced the notion he had felt just recently, wondering just how many of their scattered herd had followed Mauja up to this cold wasteland. Descaro lowered his head whilst keeping up his steady walk, inspecting a tunnel formed by a magnificent glacier. Eyes watching for any signs of movement and a velvet nose seeking out the finer details. Nothing. He snorted and turned back to the blanket roan, awaiting her reply.

Deceased
Dark
"Yes."Leyra paused, lowering her head at the remembrance of her now scattered herd. "I never agreed with them only hoarding unicorns. We probably would still be in the edge if it had not been for us being only unicorns."She felt good to finally speak her opinion on how the Edge was only unicorns."Now we are no longer a herd. Just a group of outcasts. So many of us have scattered, some retreated to here, while others are off roaming."She looked up at Descaro, her eyes sweet. Her tail dragged on the ground. Her mane sprinkled with snow. She moved just the slightest bit closer to him, and kept an even pace with Descaro. She felt her hooves kick up the white snow, flinging it in clumps from under her hooves. She felt the wind dry her coat. She felt an attraction to this stallion, this mahogany unicorn was her missing piece.

Word Count:155
OOC: Maybe a foal soon, imi? =D

Outcast
imi

Descaro gave Leyra a sceptical look. Why had she stayed if she did not agree with their cause? Even more so, why was she still here. In exile with what was left of her wounded kin who, in Descaro's mind, were beaten when fighting for a cause that was right. Pure. In just a matter of words the spotted blue mare had left his flirting mind in a state of confusion, he wanted to know why. What made her stay. Part of him was angry for her lack of conviction and part of him was intrigued for she must have a different reason. He was glad that she had stayed with her kind, that was something at least.

"Then why? Why did you not flee when the war started? Why are you here now?" Deep eyes stared at her, taking in each strand of luscious hair, her blue eyes and her long muscular leonine tail. She was breathtaking, and perhaps that saved her from his anger of her ignorant views. Descaro found himself thinking that this Leyra should be thankful for her bewitching appearance, he wondered how many scars her beautiful body had saved her. The steed flicked his long, obsidian tail so that the strands slapped against her rear, eyes always watching her.

"Do you not think they made a mistake? Angering a species such as ours whose memories never forget the wrongs of others. We are superior after all..." A simple enough question that was layered with suggestive connatations, his voice dropping lower as he almost hummed to her through his dark lips.

ooc; GAH! Sorry for the late reply :| Sure! I'll see were it's at when you reply, I might post him once more. ^^

Deceased
Dark
Leyra looked at Descaro."I did not flee because I wanted to stay with my herd. But so many of us split. I don't want to leave Helovia. ." Leyra felt the stallion whip her rear with his tail. She gave a slight whinny as the tail touched her rear.

Sweetness was the only thing in her eyes. Leyra loved this stallion. He was alluring, charming and handsome. She nudged him gently, her head resting on his withers. She felt her as though Descaro was the one. The one to sweep her off her feet. She loved this stallion and she hoped, no, she knew that he loved her.

Word Count: 108
OOC: Hmmm..... romance has blossomed between these two!! It's alright about the late post. You probably had important things to do.

Outcast
imi

Descaro had to admit, he did disapprove of the view Leyra took. The mare needn't leave Helovia but flee the snow wastes, why remain with a herd she doesn't agree with? In the bay's mind it didn't quite click but she was pretty and easy prey. Why bother with mindless discussion, the poor dame was clearly smitten by him and Descaro wasn't about to let that go to waste. Not after he'd taken to time to sweet talk the mare into a position where she was now helpless before him. A sly smile graced his dark lips and he took two suggestive steps towards her, hunger lacing his eyes with a lustful intent as she pressed a soft nose into his withers. Foolish child. Was the only thought in his mind when he advanced.

He graced her with multiple touches, all the while the cogs in his mind were turning, dancing in their triumph. It was true, there was nothing to do in the wastes of the snow. Accept keep each other warm. Or so was the excuse of the horned steed this day as he began to take his advantage on the innocent youthful Leyra before him. The older boy paid no heed to the consequences that would come after, he would be far from her reach by then.

[OOC: Feel free to post in the Secret Grove. xD He'll just have his way and disappear after. The player he is.]