the Rift

When Spring comes, we will be STRONGER. [Mandatory Herd Meeting]

Bazilisk Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

B A Z I L I S K
I do not desire to hear your words, nor you mine.

I had been sleeping at the tree of blood-leaves. My tree, I liked to think of it as. My lovely, welcoming tree, where my serpentine coils remained tight around its cracking trunk, red sap oozing from its pores, much like the blood that may drip from your skin. I had been up for most of the night, as usual, gliding through the snow, relaxing in the embrace of the white hands and looking at the stars, wondering of my own family at the Deep Abyss. My family. Just as I had been falling asleep in the warmth of the sun on my scales, a call had reverbrated through the very earth itself, it seemed, and with a mighty sigh, I answered it, as was my duty. Coils hit the ground with a dull thud, a thud that sent the tree leaves trembling and the roots in the earth quaking. It was the sound of a monstrously large body hitting the ground, a body of muscle and brute strength.

With a fluidity that cannot be matched by horses, I slithered over the ground, the dry rasp of my scales the only sound to be heard. My tongue flicks constantly, tasting the air for other pegasi flitting about. Although I still call them small bird-horses, I find that the beings found that rather offensive, so I refrained from such words now, even if I call them that in my head. My green eyes blink lazily, adjusting slowly in the brilliant light glistening off the few patches of snow remaining. Soon, soon! The snow will melt and drip, and the warmth of the golden eye in the sun will remain even during the beautiful night.

I arrive before most of the others at the meeting, alone and solitary, as a snake should be and is. I listen without a hiss, without a word, as the small brown leader Kri speaks. As she lectures, I fall prey to my own deadly longing, the longing, the hunger, for horsemeat... No! I awaken at the sound of my name, quickly rubbing my face in the snow to hide the fact I, a snake, had been drooling. I nod at Kri, and add my rumbling voice to the quiet.

"I will work right away on such a project. I expect all of my apprentices to help with the work, so we may finish before any signs of unwelcome company." I wonder who exactly is in my guild, but I do not speak any more to interrupt her words. I'm going to give the little warrior a gift, her and the horse she's promoted to leader. Leander. The stallion who helped me join to the herd. I approve heartily, yet I don't roar it, for I fear the bird-horses would fall over or panick at such a sound.

Messages In This Thread
RE: When Spring comes, we will be STRONGER. [Mandatory Herd Meeting] - by Bazilisk - 11-21-2012, 08:43 PM