the Rift

morning .f l i g h t. [Phaedra, open]

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies

[OOC | Sorry for switched to 1st person in the middle of a thread, but I find it much easier to write her this way! Also, Levi, welcome!]

I have always adored the beach. It is a place of such tranquility, such peace. I can come here, to the Endless Blue, and simply close my eyes, feel the breeze toss my mane to and fro, smell the salt tossed into the air by the crashing waves, listen to them crash and then lull in an endless cycle. I can abandon myself to these sense and let go of my worries, whatever they may be. It has always been that way for me. Flight is when I have the best thoughts; visiting the sea is when I lack them completely. It is a blessing at this moment, when I am so close to uprooting my entire existence in favor of following a new friend into a herd. I shudder. Why in the world have I agreed to go with Rowan to the Dragon's Throat?

But I know the answer. I have spent so long alone that I have forgotten how much I can truly treasure another's presence. I've been alone with good reason, of course - back home, I was left alone when my parents were murdered. And then in the process of traveling to this land, to Helovia (though I didn't know that was my destination at the time), I also lost my foster mother. I know that this is the reason that I shy away from making new friends - I do understand the basics of psychology. But I am unable to break free from the fear completely. If I let Rowan in completely, if I adopt her herd as family, if I immerse myself in a life filled with love and care and happiness, I stand to lose so much more than if I simply remain an outcast.

Love. Care. Happiness. Those are all things that I want desperately. Some I could find simply throught friendship: care, happiness. These are things that can be fulfilled simply through knowing Rowan, or others like her. But love? That she cannot provide me. And I want to be in love. Despite having lost them so young, I have learned all I know of love from my parents, and though it may take many forms, it is beautiful. It is fulfilling. It is a blessing to behold, much less to have. And yet, however much I may want it, I stand here now on the brink of possibility, and I hesitate.

So lost in thought am I that I am unaware at first of the tawny mare that alights nearby, looking a bit nervous. It is her scent that alerts me to her presence; my eyes are lost in the blue of the sea, and my auds are distracted by the calls of gulls and the crash of the waves. I start, looking around, lobes pricking towards this newcomer, and I smile hesitantly. I am not unfriendly; merely shy. But she doesn't seem to be all that outgoing either, so I take the first step into conversation. "Hello," I say nervously, a bit uncomfortable with her silence. Nonetheless, if I am going to be joining a herd, I may as well learn how to speak to strangers.

"I... my name is Sohalia," I begin awkwardly, sky blue orbs watching her for any sign of attack. But she is still, and submissive, and I begin to feel a bit bad. Am I fearful to behold? But then why would she seek me out? Why not continue on her merry way? I admit, I am perplexed, and I am about to continue an attempt at awkward conversation when I hear another voice. "Phaedra? Is that you?" The voice belongs to a midnight-hued stallion soaring above our heads, and I peer up at him, my head cocking to the side as I considered the situation. They knew each other, and I was the odd one out. How fitting for me.

[W/C | 642]

Walk walk walk.
Talk talk talk.
Think think think.

Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!

Messages In This Thread
RE: morning .f l i g h t. [Phaedra, open] - by Sohalia - 11-26-2012, 10:58 PM