the Rift

Snow Ghosts (Open)

Aryel Posts: 229
Dragon's Throat Soldier
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.4 :: 4
FennecFyre
Flattening her ears against another howling gale, Aryel reflected that this was quite possibly turning out to be a very foolish decision. The blue-tinted mare shuffled her wings, dislodging a dusting of snow, and attempted to fold them so as to cover her sides against the cold. Not quite a blizzard, this snowstorm had blow up suddenly while she was grazing on the shrubbery nearby. Now, all thoughts of food were driven from her mind as she searched for somewhere to take the shelter. Her coat, which had grown thick in the winter months, protected her against the cold, but the wind still managed to cut through the fur and chill her. She needed to find a windbreak, preferably quickly.

Peering through the white flakes, she caught sight of a slanted structure. A pile of rocks had, over the years, accumulated a dune of snow that climbed up the windward side and hung in a frozen curl over the boulders, providing a sort of roof. She hurried towards it, breaking into a trot.

She sighed with relief as she entered the pocket of still air created by the rocks and overhang. Her face and back were powdered with flakes, and the long fur near her hooves had acquired chunks of snow. Maybe I'll just rest here until it blows over, she thought, folding her legs and gazing out onto the tundra. Just until it blows over.
Thanks for the good times, and no hard feelings for the bad times.

Vicer and Aryel's new threads never happened.

Valerion Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
What started out as soft snowflakes drizzling down from the cloud-covered sky had quickly changed and now felt more like icicles striking against his face. Damn those moody gods. With no shelter in sight he blindly shuffled through the knee high snow in search of one, the wind howling and freezing him to the bone. He had long ago lost track of his whereabouts, and what had started out as something else was now nothing, but aimless wandering.

After a while; though it felt like hours, the blizzard cleared up some and he’s line of vision increased considerably. He paused for a moment when an oblique pile of rocks caught his attention. A dune of snow covered most of the “spine” sheltering it from the worst of the god’s crossfires. Valerion broke into a slow trot, the snow clinging to what little fetlock feathering he had as he hastened across the tundra.

// Sorry if some of my language seems a little odd. First time I RPG on English!

Dragon's Throat Soldier
FennecFyre
(You actually have pretty good grammar and spelling for a non-native English speaker.)

Aryel
I'm through accepting limits / 'cause someone says they're so.

Aryel had nearly drifted off (which probably wouldn't have been a good idea in this storm), when the sound of hooves crunching through the snow brought her back to waking. She peered through the flurries, trying to pick out the shape of the noise-maker in the gloom. The faint outline of a horse became visible, moving towards her shelter.

Aryel quickly stood up, in the event this horse turned out to be hostile. "Is someone there?" she asked, managing to keep the nervousness out of her voice. She didn't think she was trespassing, there had been no signs of permanent equine habitation, but she was prepared to fight if the stranger caused trouble.

"blah blah blah."

Some things I cannot change / but until I try I'll never know.

Valerion Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
As he neared the entrance, a faint sound of hooves thumping against the ground; as if someone had risen, made him come to a sudden halt. He flared his crimson nostrils and his ears swiveled to detect the origins of the sound when a light pitched voice pierced through the howling of the wind, “Is someone there?”

“I should ask you the same, but the answer to that would be somewhat obvious.”He replied as he walked past one of the rock foundations of the ‘cave’, making him fully visible from the inside. Peering at him stood a blue roan mare; considerably smaller than him, with two set of wings folded against her side. A flicker of a feeling better left unnamed went through his dark, aquatic eyes and perished as quickly as it came. “Well, hello there.”

Dragon's Throat Soldier
FennecFyre

Aryel
I'm through accepting limits / 'cause someone says they're so.

Aryel watched as the form spoke, walking out of the snow and into the shelter of the stones. She blinked, noting the newcomer's muscular build and, most noticeably, the scars criss-crossing his pelt, still visible under his winter coat. His voice was smooth and his posture nonthreatening, but Aryel never completely trusted anyone at first. "Hello." she said in response, a faint tone of suspicion unconsciously added. The look that had flickered across his features had gone too fast to identify, perhaps he just hadn't expected to meet another horse out here. Feeling slightly awkward, Aryel glanced away, out onto the tundra. "Some snowstorm, huh?" she said. She realized, unhappily, the snowfall had increased in volume. She just hoped it would end soon so she could go back to the desert and thaw out.

"blah blah blah."

Some things I cannot change / but until I try I'll never know.